SOLD!! Crotalus Horridus 3.5' - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #21
homegrownherps
I agree he should just take out to a wildlife area and let it go ....don't even try to feed it ....he does not sound like the sharpest tool in the shed...he may get himself tagged.

He should have just left it alone from the get go.
Trying to trade or sell any animal in that condition is just plain ignorant.
A "ding" , WTF is a "ding"

Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #22
Geno67
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps View Post
I agree he should just take out to a wildlife area and let it go ....don't even try to feed it ....he does not sound like the sharpest tool in the shed...he may get himself tagged.

He should have just left it alone from the get go.
Trying to trade or sell any animal in that condition is just plain ignorant.
A "ding" , WTF is a "ding"
I've caught dozens of pitvipers, kept two for years and haven't been tagged yet.

A ding is a contusion small enough not to require stitches. Similar to what one would experience when hitting one's hand with a hammer or being slightly nicked by a ricochet.

And let it become roadkill? Okay................

Who doesn't know what a ding is?

BTW - I didn't capture and treat the thing just to let someone kill it. Just in case anyone actually thought I was being serious.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #23
Geno67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
You dont get my point? Ok well I will type it slower this time. THE ANIMAL NEEDS A VET.
I never said you hit it but you are trying to profit from it.
So you know for sure that there are no members here who would vet that animal? Boy are you sadly mistaken.
I already asked you to find a vet for it. Yet here you sit pmsing at me instead.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #24
LadyOhh
Gene,

Bottom line is that you are asking to flip an injured wild caught animal onto someone else in trade for another "better" animal.

Doesn't that seem a bit unethical to you?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #25
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno67 View Post
I've caught dozens of pitvipers, kept two for years and haven't been tagged yet.

A ding is a contusion small enough not to require stiches. Similar to what one would experience when hitting one's hand with a hammer or being slightly nicked by a ricochet.

Who doesn't know what a ding is?

BTW - I didn't capture and treat the thing just to let someone kill it. Just in case anyone actually thought I was being serious.
I know what a ding is ...... never seen one in a snake ....a car maybe ...but not a snake.
"a contusion small enough not to require stitches" is a cut.

Ever smash your finger with a hammer ? NOT a "ding".

Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #26
Wolfy-hound
A "ding" on the outside can be indictative of severe injuries inside.
While I'm glad you saved it from being run over more, it's best for you to let a wildlife rehab place have it to finish healing it up so they can let it go. Or you could let it go now, since you don't have any intention of taking it to a vet.
Trying to trade a wild caught injured animal for anything is irresponsible at best.
You keep pointing out that other people would run it over, or kill it with a hoe... as if that somehow makes your own actions better. Just because you don't want to kill it doesn't mean that treating it with OTC salve and trying to "make a buck" by trading it off, before it's even healed even, is a "good thing".
theresa baker

Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #27
homegrownherps
If his intentions were good....
at the very least, keep the snake long enough to make sure it has healed and is accepting food. After a trauma such as this, I doubt it will even take another meal and hold it down. Then bring it to someone who can re-locate it to a more secluded area.

But I think his intentions were simply to see what he can get out this thing.

The pics of the bloody eye socket were impressive, that would make me want to jump on some sort of trade

JMO

Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #28
BrianDorry55
This is turning into way too big of a deal...Jesus Christ people lighten up.

I do applaud you for going out into the road and taking it before it got killed...A matter of fact...I did the same thing with a Pygmy Rattlesnake on Saturday...

I think he was trying to trade or sell it because he didn't think it would survive in the wild with one eye and busted rattles...

You expect him to pay a vet to put this thing under anesthesia and treat it? And considering how hit or miss it is to put a snake under anesthesia...it would probably do more harm than good...

Like I said...go to a wildlife management area...and release it. It won't be the only snake in the woods with one eye...If it survives it survives.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #29
Geno67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDorry55 View Post
This is turning into way too big of a deal...Jesus Christ people lighten up.

I do applaud you for going out into the road and taking it before it got killed...A matter of fact...I did the same thing with a Pygmy Rattlesnake on Saturday...

I think he was trying to trade or sell it because he didn't think it would survive in the wild with one eye and busted rattles...

You expect him to pay a vet to put this thing under anesthesia and treat it? And considering how hit or miss it is to put a snake under anesthesia...it would probably do more harm than good...

Like I said...go to a wildlife management area...and release it. It won't be the only snake in the woods with one eye...If it survives it survives.
At least someone here has a clue - thanks man.

Wow - that was fast - thanks everyone else for keeping my thread bumped.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #30
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno67 View Post
At least someone here has a clue - thanks man.

Wow - that was fast - thanks everyone else for keeping my thread bumped.
Either that or there are two of you who are jerks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread