1.0 False Water Cobra - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Brian3636
1.0 False Water Cobra

I have a male FWC for sale. Hes about 5-6 years old and about 6 feet, CBB. Rear fanged, harmless to people and has never bitten me. Very intense feeding response so advanced keeper only. Asking 300 shipped ups next day. email bizzaro0101@yahoo.com
Thanks

Brian
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
brianb2157
I thought rear fanged, still can bite you, how's it harmless?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
TropicalSerpent
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb2157 View Post
I thought rear fanged, still can bite you, how's it harmless?
What he is trying to say is that the Venom is harmless or nearly harmless the back fangs can be somewhat harmfull if they "chew" into you.

Though This type of vemon is just a little more toxic than a garter snake can still Swell you up on your hand or arm I think That their is one confirmed death by a FWC. Probably just a little more toxic than a hornet.Only if you are allergic to the vemon will it hurt you beyond that.

But for the most part these guys are harmless. If I am not mistaken. I could be wrong about what you are saying.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
brianb2157
O ok, but it is still venomous? so how can you ship thu ups iv shipped lots of snake and they don't allow venomous

Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
TropicalSerpent
That one Is Beyond me....I dont keep Vemonous only 15-17 foot pythons lol. But i am sure Some of the Venom Guys on here will be happy to answer that for you. Hoped I Helped Answer your Question Brian, Jeremy

Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
LadyVenom
Rear fanged animals are hardly ever considered "venomous", even though they technically are. Another common rear fanged snake is the hognose snake, and those are huge in the industry. I think that there is a distinction made for venomous and rear fanged, because I know some states specifically say that rear fanged snakes are illegal.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
brianb2157
Ok thinks that's helps alot, and that's new to me I never knew that about hognose snake.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
LadyVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb2157 View Post
Ok thinks that's helps alot, and that's new to me I never knew that about hognose snake.
Yea not a lot of people do, but how often do you hear about someone being bitten by a hognose? They just arent frequent biters because rear fanged mouths make it hard to latch on without swallowing. It's not comfortable for them, so they just try to look scary, thus the FWC having the cobra hood.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #9
Brian3636
Sorry for being unclear. The snake itself has a nasty bite (I've heard) kind of a ripping more then chewing, so that is something to be weary of. The "venom" is, like someone said, similar to a bee sting. That rumor of someone dying from a FWC is just that, a rumor, There has never been a confirmed death from a FWC bite. If someone is anemic, complications can arise since the venom prevents blood clotting and usually you get a pretty good gash. Although these guys aren't considered a "hot" species, some states have them on a bad list. I shouldnt have to say this but check your laws before inquiring me about him.
thanks

Brian
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
TropicalSerpent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3636 View Post
Sorry for being unclear. The snake itself has a nasty bite (I've heard) kind of a ripping more then chewing, so that is something to be weary of. The "venom" is, like someone said, similar to a bee sting. That rumor of someone dying from a FWC is just that, a rumor, There has never been a confirmed death from a FWC bite. If someone is anemic, complications can arise since the venom prevents blood clotting and usually you get a pretty good gash. Although these guys aren't considered a "hot" species, some states have them on a bad list. I shouldnt have to say this but check your laws before inquiring me about him.
thanks

Brian
Yeah I kinda thought That was a Wierd one for someone to die from a FWC as I said I wasnt sure though. He is a Fantastic Specimen, If he dont sell out soon I think I might just Buy him next pay check,Jeremy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!