Info Andy Garner aka AW2EOD - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
Matt2979
I'd still like to hear the other side of the story, but if that box in your pics is exactly how the snake came, there's just NO excuse for such a pitiful packing job!!! I'm surprised the snake made it alive.

Soak that snake and take care of the mite problem, but keep a close eye on him, too. The heat that he was probably shipped in, not only without a cold-pack (unless I just missed it), but also without a complete styrofoam inner box...I would be surprised if he didn't get sick! :/

Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
ozz465
Yea that kind of shipping deserves a bad guy post in my opinion , thk god the snake made it alive . poor animal.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #13
Crypt keeper
I see 1 bug not hundreds on a snake you say is 9 foot you get one small section. IMO that bug could be anything. Such horrible filming and 1 black dot moving around. That hardly screams hundreds to me.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #14
Utta
Lol, paul, are you serious? Any bug doesn't belong on the poor animal!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
Crypt keeper
okay. Can you 100% for sure tell me that is a mite? No you cant. Nobody can. That video doesnt support anything Angel is saying. Im not saying bugs belong on him. Please learn basic reading comprehension. I said He showed 1 bug after stating there is 100's upon 100's on him. The snake is 9 feet long. 100 upon 100's would be visible. Not one small dot walking around.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
AW2EOD
I am at work, right now, typing from my iPhone, because I have limited internet access, on my work computer.

Rest assured, thus will be dealt with, as soon as I get home.

Angel happened to convieniantly leave out the email I sent him, this morning, which is as follows:

"Hey, Angel.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this.

When I sent my snake yesterday, he didn't have a single mite on him. I have 19 retics and not a single one of them are mite infested.

I'm not sure how a snake would get "hundreds" of mites on it, during overnight shipping. I wouldn't allow ANY of my snakes to live in mite infested conditions, let alone ship a retic of mine, knowing it had mites.

As far as the shipping, he was sent almost the exact same way you shipped your Lav to me. Albeit, there was no styrafoam lid, tree was double layers of cardboard, to protect the box, in saw anything was stacked on top of it. I explained to you, when I called you, how I had positioned everything and exactly how I'd packed the box for shipping and you had no problems with it then.

Do you have pics of the mites, his head and neck and of the box, as you unpackaged him?

Get back to me as soon as you can. I want to make sure that he's ok and get a solution to the problem, as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Andy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 28, 2010, at 9:56 AM, Angel Rojas I <angelrojas1982@yahoo.com> wrote:

Upon further inspection, I noticed that his head and neck area are red and beat up. I believe that it is from shipping, because instead of using the proper styrofoam top, you used a thin piece of cardborad. Totally unexceptable.....Something needs to be done by you ASAP....As you know the screen to my phone is busted, so typing texts like we have been doing is a pain the the ass, so we must communicate through email. You need to contact me ASAP"

Now, according to that email, you're phone is busted...yet the pics you say you took are from your phone?

He also again, convieniantly left out the fact that the pics he posted of that box are not if the entire shipping contents. Packing paper, under and in top of the snake, which by the way, was contained in a very soft fabric snake bag...the same bag, on fact, that Angel shipped a 12' male Lavender Tiger to me in. So, saying that the snakes head and beck were rubbed red by the cardboard is a flat out lie.

The cardboard "lid" as he calls it, was placed in the box, on top at least 6" of packing paper, to give the top, to make the box top more rigid, in the event that other boxes were stacked on top of it.

I've continually asked, through email, for pictures and none have been provided. I was not made aware of this thread, till just now and that's only because I was bored, browsing fauna at work. When he decides whether or not his phone is in fact busted or if he's able to take pics, I really want to see them. I'd also like for 100% of the shipping contents to be pictured...not a few pics of half the contents, of which he willingly left out.

That snake was one of my favorite retics. The ONLY thing I'm concerned about is the well being of that snake. I personally took over an hour off work, yesterday, just to pack the snake myself. That's after ge sat in the tub, for at least an hour, because I wanted him to have as much water as possible, to make sure he was dehydrated during shipping.

Not a single one of my reptiles (Retics, Burms, an Australian Water Python, an Aru Scrub and Monitors) have mites. That snake didn't have a bent scale on him, let alone "hundreds" of mites, when he was packaged and shipped.

As I already said, this will be looked over thoroughly, when I get home from work and I will be anxiously awaiting pics, from Angel.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
AW2EOD
Please forgive my typos, in the previous post...as I said, I'm typing from my iPhone.

I obviously meant he was in the tub, to make he WASN'T dehydrated, during shipping.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt keeper View Post
I see 1 bug not hundreds on a snake you say is 9 foot you get one small section. IMO that bug could be anything. Such horrible filming and 1 black dot moving around. That hardly screams hundreds to me.
I'm still reserving the right to form my opinion after I hear the rebuttal of the accused, but I wanted to address this issue posted by CryptKeeper. If you see a single mite "walking around" on your snake, I will put a BIG chunk of change on the bet that you're going to find many more!

That being said, that "bug" appears to be moving around too fast to be a mite, BUT the filming is indeed horrible and I know I cannot determine that it is, or is not, a mite.

To the OP, did you take any shots of the "bruised head"?

As for the shipping, I don't know who you used (couldn't tell from the OP's blurry pics), but that packing job does NOT meet the requirements of either Reptiles Express, nor Fed Ex!! Shipping that way not only exposes the animal to all kinds of dangers, but any accident that might reveal the "illegal methods" would be a punch in the gut for responsible herpers!! We have a big enough fight on our hands right now (especially for BIG burms!!) and need to stick together!

Keep us posted on the animal's health. I sincerely hope that he'll be just fine and all turns out well, despite the reasons that caused this thread.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #19
Crypt keeper
I will 100% agree that you will find more. Thats not what Im debating. When somebody posts their snake has hundreds IMO that means 200 to 300 not a hundred then bet your ass Im gonna show film of at least twenty black dots moving around. Not 1 and barely show what it is.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
chamgirl99471
Thanks for posting this as a warning not to do business with this person until he learns the proper way to package an animal and to check the animals over with a fine tooth combe before sending them! To receive an animal in that condition, you've got to wonder what your animal that you sent him will end up with! All I can say right now is take that snake to the vet because you never know what type of parasites or infections it may incure. Good Luck and please get a clearer picture of the box. That's just a Horrible Packaging job to say the least.. it's scary, with a snake that large and the hobby's shipping at risk as it is, If that snake had gotten loose just imagine what would have happened! Who did he use to ship with? Maybe let whomever it is know that this person is not packing his reptiles correctly!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!