Info Andy Garner aka AW2EOD - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #81
Angel Rojas
The point of this thread is, What are you going to do to fix this Andy. I sent you a perfectly healthy snake and you sent me a box of crap. Any snake with this many mites is not a healthy animal at all, and not just because of the mites. You may have just ruin my entire breeding season. I don't want back a snake that I sent out to you healthy as an ox, only to get that same snake back sick as a dog.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #82
reticguy76
i was unable to view the video that a few people were talkin about, about what he was doing to the retic. so, in a nutshell, if there are mites, a trade back should be the best thing and your collections should not have any mite issues, based on amount of time the snake has been in your care, and proper quarantine used. and even if andy does have a mite issue, i would assume he used proper quarantine protocol (as im sure you did angel, since you guys are both experienced keepers), then your old snake should be clean.
trade back, and erradicate (no pun intended) this issue

Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #83
laterob
. If yuo don't want your snake back, Angel, what would you llike from Andy?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #84
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2EOD View Post

The pics show little black, SQUARE dots, on the snakes scales. Now, I've been doing this for about 12 years and I've NEVER seen a square mite. Call me crazy, but it just doesn't ad up.
Well Andy here's a quote from an article written by 2 people who have been doing it longer that you. The famous Dave and Tracy Barker.

" The observant keeper will notice them sunk to the bottom of the bowl, looking like little flat pieces of pepper that, upon close inspection, are seen to have legs."
Here's the link to that article
http://www.vpi.com/publications/the_...of_snake_mites

Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #85
Angel Rojas
Now please guys don't bite my head off but this is the best video I could get from a digital camera. It's VERY hard to get a snake mite on camera....I guess they're shy. But you can see that damn thing crawling up my finger

Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #86
laterob
Third time.....what is it you guys WANT from each other? This is like a bad Springer episode. Add to the mix the obvious bad blood between crypt and angel, and I wish the popcorn smiley was still here......

Angel - the longer you keep that snake, the higher your risk of mite infestation, no?

Refusing to ship an animal back seems suspicious to me.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #87
reticguy76
yes. you guys need to trade back, treat for mites accordingly and move on.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #88
Angel Rojas
I've never been the one to demand anything from anybody. I believe if you up, then you should be the one to offer satisfaction. Even if I did want to trade back, I won't have any money until the end of next week. There's no telling what my snake could contract in that time frame. And anybody will tell you that it's not in the snake's best interest to ship him out then pack him back up and ship him out yet again, all you are doing is piling stress on that animal. And that is not at all healthy. Then in another week or 2 I'll be posting and new thread about how my healthy lav tiger got mites and RI, and then what back at square one, with an even sicker animal.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #89
reticguy76
well, i would have to assume that both you guys are practicing proper quarantine techniques. i tell you what i would do, if i was andy. i would offer (without admission of anything), to take your prior snake to a qualified herp vet, and get a clean bill of health, scan a copy of the official medical record on here to satisfy you and everyone else on here, then agree to trade the snakes back, and be done. although, that is easier for me to say, since im in the veterinary field. not saying anyone is right or wrong, just something i would do if i were in andys place. i also, being in andys spot, would recommend you going to a qualified herp vet and get those diagnosed as mites, and then take it from there

Old 07-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #90
reticguy76
i agree that is probably a mite of some species (most likely not the true snake mite), but i would get a video of you taking one (or better yet, several off the snake in question and shooting the same type scene of them crawling on you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!