2.1 crazy Honduran Milksnake project- SUPER CHEAP! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
VAsnakeman12
2.1 crazy Honduran Milksnake project- SUPER CHEAP!

2.1 Crazy Honduran Milksnake project. I have 2 male albino Honduran Milksnakes, and a female of an unknown genetic trait. One male is an exceptional tricolor albino specimen, the other has vanishing yellow bands. Take these guys for $125 plus shipping. Or combine this group with any of my other ads for just $75 extra!

Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Daenerys
The female looks more like a Sinaloan than a Hondo, never seen that pattern before

Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
VAsnakeman12
Neither have I. Was sold to me as a hondo though... I will triple check on identifying factors. Thanks for pointing out that possibility.

All input is welcome!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
DavidBeard
Thats definitely a Hondo....just an abberant tri-color (maybe Hypo?).....never seen a Sinaloan like that. Nice snakes!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
VAsnakeman12
Female sold! Get the males for $75 total.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
LBenton
FWIW, I am not a Hondo guy to speak on the purity of the animal, but it is not a hypo as the black is black, not a faded or muted color. You can call it a reduced pattern on the black but it is in no way a hypo.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
VAsnakeman12
Thanks for all the feedback. That snake is sold.

Lance: http://www.google.com/images?expIds=...w=1574&bih=918

Also not a hondo guy, but "hypo" hondos do appear to have black on them.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
LBenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAsnakeman12 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. That snake is sold.

Lance: http://www.google.com/images?expIds=...w=1574&bih=918

Also not a hondo guy, but "hypo" hondos do appear to have black on them.
If you will look in this page on the link you provided it will show what I am talking about, the black is slightly to greatly faded on a hypo, reduced pattern is a different phenotype.

Milksnakes.com

Hypo:

And a reduced pattern:

Yes, they both have less black on them, and they both tend to have less flecking and a cleaner pattern, but it is still different..

Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
VAsnakeman12
Not disagreeing SOME "hypos" have a faded black coloration. However the honduran milksnakes commonly listed as "Tangerine Hypo Honduran Milksnakes" often have reduced, but pitch black markings. Note: I am putting the term hypo in quotations, because I am simply defending accepted market nomenclature, not genetics.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1574&bih=918
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-20-2010, 04:14 AM   #10
polasian
The OP has stated that the female in question has been sold. If you guys would like to continue discussing that animal, then please do so via PM or start a thread in a discussion forum.

This is still a classifieds ad, though...where the conversation should be pertinent to the remaining animals which are still available for sale. Please limit all further commentary to said animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!