VENOMOID Albino Monocled Cobra - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #11
j3030
mabump

I just got done looking threw your web site I am very intrested in buying in bulk from you what kind of deal can you make me please e-mail with any questions.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #12
Liam's Herps
Talking Albino Monocled Cobra

Is he still avalible??? I e-mailed you last night. If he is still avalible, I have cash, and will send it to you pay-pal, or postal money order. Pleases let me know ether way

Liam's Herps

Old 02-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #13
Blink
You guy's might want to read this -

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=52614

Old 02-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #14
hhmoore
Wtf??

I have never been bitten by this snake no, but i feed a live hopper to it once a month for my own saftey. any other questions feel free to ask.[/quote]

once upon a time, I was extensively involved with hots. I have tried to stay out of the threads on this snake, but I have to ask: WTF??? Do you really believe that will in anyway protect you from possible envenomation? Yes, I am against venomoids, for a variety of reasons. And YES, I do personally know somebody that was damn near dead after being bitten by one

Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #15
DanRC30
Ok, can you explain how a venomoid could almost kill someone? If it is a real venomoid with "no venom glands", how could it be a life threatening snake?

Old 02-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #16
Cat_72
There are two types of surgery done on these animals. One is a total gland removal and partial duct removal called a adenectomy. The other is a just a partial duct removal called a ductectomy. Snakes with a ductectomy have a higher chance for regeneration of the ducts and being able to deliver a bite that envenomates.

Of course, it also depends on who performed the "surgery". A good many of the the supposed venomoids out there are created by butchers in their garages, not real veterinarians, therefore increasing the risk of regeneration or incomplete removal many, many times over.

Not to mention, that this guy bought it as a HOT and later decided it was a venomoid because the mouse didn't die when he bit it. But since this post is over a year old, I'm guessing you won't get any more answers from him, either.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #17
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRC30
Ok, can you explain how a venomoid could almost kill someone? If it is a real venomoid with "no venom glands", how could it be a life threatening snake?
As Cathy stated, the chief possibilities lie with regeneration or surgical error. Quite frankly, I do not recall the specifics of the snake (I know he told me where he got it, and who performed the surgery...but it was about 10 years ago). By the description of the onset of symptoms, as well as the timetable, I thought at the time that it had to have been a relatively mild envenomation (in terms of quantity). These factors also led to the other portion of the problem, which was that the medical facility at which he initially presented dismissed the idea of envenomation...after all, it was a devenomized snake...pretty much told him that the symptoms were psychosomatic and that he should go home and get some rest. This allowed the envenomation to progress untreated for an even longer duration, and no doubt added to both the acuity/severity and (later) to the chronic problems he faced.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 AM   #18
thesnakeman
Question Just wondering

Hi folks,
I'm Tony Carlisle, from the indigo forum. I don't visit these parts much because I don't keep hots. yet. Iv'e been playing with snakes for about 40 years now, and have caught, and handled many hots. Especially during my time as an animal control officer in south Florida. I love all snakes, but I could never understand why anyone would want to keep a snake that they could not free handle, without fear of dying. I like to handle my snakes with bare hands. To me, that's the main joy of keeping them. Which is why I work almost exclusuvely with drymarchon now. My indigos are not very likely to bite, but I have been bitten by one, {not pretty}, although my death was never in question. I just can't imagine wanting to keep a snake if I can't handle it without fear of dying. Any snake, can bite at any time, so free handleing of hots is out of the question. After I quit jumping out of perfectly good airplanes for uncle sam, I decided I want to live. So tell me, why on earth would I want to have a snake that I can't handle because it can kill me if it gets a chance. Yes Iv'e had big constrictors that could have killed me too, but if you have help with you, and I did, it's not as likely to be killed by a 12 ft. burm as it would be to be killed by one bite from Naja. And yet, I have always been fascinated with Naja. Iv'e always wanted one. Now that I know about venomoids, I want one even more. Is there anyone out there who is reputable, and does good, safe, surgical removal? Sorry folks, but if done correctly, by a repuatable veteranary surgeon, what's the harm? It can't be any more cruel than having your cat declawed so it won't destroy the furniture,...right? My cat still has her claws by the way. When they declaw a cat, they actually cut off the entire last segment of all the toes. I dunno, it just seems like a decent trade off to me, to be able to enjoy a magnificant creature, without fear of it killing you. You can play with loaded hots if you want to, but where's the joy of keeping them under lock and key, and only touching them with tongs. Unless you are keeping them for research, and or venom extraction, I just don't get it. Well, I'm not looking for an argument by any means, but I just had to put in my 2 cents worth, and see if anyone out there knows of a good vet who does good, safe, and humane venomoid surgeries. Fell free to contact me if so. thesnakeman@centurytel.net
Thanks,
T.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:54 AM   #19
DThomas
This discussion needs to be taken over to the venomous forum. It doesnt belong in the classifieds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread