Heat!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 07-25-2023, 09:46 AM   #1
Lucille
Heat!!!!

Just sounding off about the recent heat wave here in Texas. It is horrible. I do my one 'long' walk with my labrador retriever, Clementine, early so that her paws don't get burned by walking on the hot pavement. I could complain about the high electric bills, but us folks in Texas worry about something even worse: the grid going down.
I am really looking forward to cooler weather.

Old 07-25-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
JColt
I'm no good in the heat either. I would love 40 to 78 degree all year.

Old 07-25-2023, 07:58 PM   #3
bcr229
It hasn't really hit us yet, which is extremely unusual. I'm still opening some windows at night as it's cooler outside than in the house. Later this week we're supposed to get hit though.

Old 07-25-2023, 08:27 PM   #4
WebSlave
Connie and I are pretty much staying inside. She gets out in the heat and humidity and just cannot breathe. Been getting rain here and there, so that just makes things really sticky. At one point I looked at my weather station and the "feels like" temperature was 124.7.

One interesting thing about this, though. Pretty much convinced me that if I get a tractor, I need to get one with a cab on it with air conditioning. Probably would be great during yellow fly and mosquito seasons, too. And I have heard of a number of people running over top of a yellow jacket nest that had them leaping off of the tractor and to heck with where it ended up. As my friend Rickey put it "I had to de-ass from my tractor!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!