For Sale Juv/Young Male? Red Ackie Colorado - Local Sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Fitz19d
Juv/Young Male? Red Ackie Colorado - Local Sale

I ordered this pair of ackies from different people and the red came in smaller than I thought. I waited a while and the big one is occasionally going after the little guy. Given the red is still young and skittish and the yellow is already hand tame, I'm keeping the yellow for now.

To clarify before anyone thinks it, pic is fresh out of the shipping boxes and a tank I put them in just for a few minutes to get a pic and carry to their current tank.

$340(Paid $415) Hatchling/Young Red Ackie (in the middle of a shed now), eating on tiny pinkies, dubia, mealworm, crickets. (Orig from Viv. Int., not an example pic I stole.)

Location of mutual choice from anywhere North Colorado thru mid to south Denver. Anyone interested from the springs, I would prefer to meet you in Denver somewhere would be halfway for both of us. Just ask and we'll figure something out.

Looking for someone who already has a correct setup for when it is older, or can articulate their specific needs and show existing proper care of monitors or other reptiles more complicated than a leapard/bearded.

For references I can refer to a local reef forum where I've done a lot of positive business. Since it's local only I imagine both seller/buyer can feel safer than if I was shipping/paypal.

PM For email/text #. First reply may be slow due to fresh move leaves me with mainly using work internet.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
mankenstien
Im interested are you sure its a male?

Old 07-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
Fitz19d
From what I understand it's too young to sex for sure. Vendor guessed male, a local shop interested in it compared to the bigger one also pegged it as a male. When the 2 were not getting along, did a lot more of the throat puffing, though if a female does that too, I don't know. (Just used to that being a sign in other species.)
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
mankenstien
Im going to have a breeder look at it if he says male i'll buy him.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
mankenstien
i'll let you know when i get home for i don't have acsess to the internet at work. Could you give me your text #
Thanks Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!