Inquiry: Simon Fung - referencing Dynasty Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
mvite
Inquiry: Simon Fung - referencing Dynasty Reptiles

Hey folks--

I am pretty tired of scams---but I fear that I may have just "told off" a nice person because I am getting jaded by the number of potential scammers out there.

Simon Fung had inquired about a couple corns I had for sale on KS and I got this after a day of sending pics:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mark,

Sure I'll take the 0.1 Ghost & 0.1 Anery for 235.00 Shipped. I think that is a fair price.

If you have anything else that you are considering to sell in the group, let me know and make me an offer. I am currently looking for roughly around 50 adults to take in. So the more the better.

I am actually located in HK, but I am doing an international order right now. So I'll be asking you to ship to my international shipper. He's Chun Ku from Dynasty Reptiles. He'll be doing the shipping for me. So we'll be shipping the order to him. One thing before I make the payment to you. Are you willing to hold the snakes for me until Aug? We're hoping to get everything shipped by end of July or beginning of Aug.

Let me know if you're willing to hold these animals for me until then.

If so I would need a couple of information from you to wire the money over to your account.
1) Bank Name
2) Bank Account
3) Account Name in Full
4) Routing Number
5) Contact Number (this is needed as it is required by banks)
6) Bank Address if avaliable
7) Anything else that you think I would need in order to wire you the money.

Thanks
Simon

-------------------------------------------------------------

I won't give my bank account number out---no way. I told him so and asked him not to contact me any more because this resembled a recent situation where someone sent me a check for waaaay too much money and asked me to "refund" it to their shipping agent. (Nigerian scammer!!!!)

The only concern I have is---I just searched "Dynasty Reptiles" and they have a good rep here---so---did I just make a mistake? Simon Fung said I would be shipping to Chun Ku---so Did I just Fung things up?

Thanks for your time-
Mark Vitelli

Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
FCReptiles
Mark,

While I cant speak for simon fung in HK I did a similar deal with Chun Ku from dynasty reptiles recently and all went well. I had a dealer from Thailand ask me to ship animals to Chun so he could re-export them and the deal went very smooth with no incidents. It is very common for dealers in other countries to ask for bank account info as that is how they send their wire transfers. There is not much somone can do with your bank account info other than put money in your account.

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles
www.firstchoicereptiles.com

Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
mvite
Crap---I am a butt head.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
mvite
I guess I will live and learn on this one.

In retrospect, I guess I could have asked for Chun Ku to call me to verify the info.

crap---did I mention I'm a butt head?

Old 07-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
RobStevens
Mark
We have done business with Simon in the past.He is very well known in the business.
We also have shipped animals to Chun Ku at Dynasty Reptiles to ship to Thailand,Everything went off without a hitch.
Thanks Rob

Old 07-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
mvite
thanks Rob- aw man..

Old 07-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
HanneysCorns
Simon Fung is 'good people'. He made corn genetics as popular as it now is in Canada.

Simon moved to Hong Kong in 2005 to move back into the family business. He is a well known name to corn breeders here in Canada as well as a few in the States. Go to the Canadian BOI and do a search...that should provide you with all the information you need to know.

And, I'm sure if you get a hold of Simon and explain the situation you might even be able to salvage the deal...he's that kind of guy...

Ruth Hanney

Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanneysCorns
Simon Fung is 'good people'. He made corn genetics as popular as it now is in Canada.

Simon moved to Hong Kong in 2005 to move back into the family business. He is a well known name to corn breeders here in Canada as well as a few in the States. Go to the Canadian BOI and do a search...that should provide you with all the information you need to know.

And, I'm sure if you get a hold of Simon and explain the situation you might even be able to salvage the deal...he's that kind of guy...

Ruth Hanney
Thanks Ruth!

Simon sure does seem like a nice guy.

I did send an apology and explained how embarrassed I was. He responded by saying that he understood---and did I still want to go through with the sale!

Wow--I really thought I knew how these things went. I have been reading so many horror stories on here----and --- I really did just receive a "cashiers' cheque" from some random person on KS. The check was for $1500 and the snake was $100.....

Well--now someone can find him here as well. I will update.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #9
jnjreptile
We also shipped a bunch of animals to Chun that were going to Thialand without problems. Sounds pretty legitimate. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
Corey Woods
Simon Fung is a legitimate person who used to live in Canada and has now moved back to Hong Kong.

People can't do anything with your bank account info. All they can do is put money in. Mine is listed right on my website;

http://www.coreywoods.com/terms.shtml

Quote:
Bank Transfers (Payable to "Corey Woods")
Royal Bank
Branch # 1772
Account Number 7542269

TD Canada Trust
Branch Number 0077
Account Number 522865

Wire Transfers (US Funds)
Branch # 00772
Institution # 004
Account # 0751122
Swift Code # TDOMCATTTOR
Routing # ABA 026009593

TD Canada Trust
298 St. Andrew St W
Fergus, Ontario, Canada
N1M 1N7

Corey Woods
PO Box 25006
Guelph, ON - Canada
N1G 4V9
If you want to send me money please refer to one of the options above

Corey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!