Inquiry Katherine McBroom - Holly Michigan - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
Serafim
I would give her til monday to atleast reply. I know her cashing the check and not replying looks shady but its only been a few days..

Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim View Post
I would give her til monday to atleast reply. I know her cashing the check and not replying looks shady but its only been a few days..
Your right, it's only been since Thursday since the check has been cashed. logical thinking would put shipping early in the week IF the temps are in a safe range.

I don't think a BOI thread was warranted here.not yet anyway.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
Cache Reptiles
Quote:
Lesson learned. If they aren't a breeder, aren't established, and have absolutely no reputation, I'm not dealing with them. At least I'm only loosing a few hundred dollars as opposed to thousands I guess. But it doesn't lessen the sting of dealing with this that's for sure.

All I'm trying to do is build my white and citrus breeding lines out with some new fresh genetics. This past week on fauna has been pretty disheartening that's for sure.
Although I'm sure that you're extremely frustrated with this whole situation, please know that not all small breeders on here are like this- there are many that treat both their customers and animals well.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
BeardedDragonStore
Really?!

1) It was Wednesday when she cashed the check.

2) She/He hounded me daily until that check was received.

3) Then she/he refused to communicate, provide a phone number, and set up shipping.

4) This thread opened as an inquiry Ed. And if you don't like it, then don't get involved big shooter.

5) Katherine McBroom and company has an established history of internet fraud.

5) The police are aware of her from her's and her boyfriend's past activity.

6) She is non-responsive to any messages sent.

7) Charges will be filed Tuesday morning with her local police department if my dragon isn't here.

At the best, she is the world's dealer. At worst, a scammer. Based upon complaints against her in the past, I'm starting to side with the later, not the former. And if anyone reading this thinks I'm jumping the gun... then YOU step in and buy her dragon.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
Laura Fopiano
Ok, am I missing something? I did a google search on Katherine McBroom - Holly Michigan and got this http://www.mylife.com/c-1648723547 Those other threads are of another person in the same city.

I'm not saying they're the same person or not as no email address is posted, but, going by the threads that you linked on this one, there is a lot of info right here on them.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragonStore View Post
1) It was Wednesday when she cashed the check.

2) She/He hounded me daily until that check was received.

3) Then she/he refused to communicate, provide a phone number, and set up shipping.

4) This thread opened as an inquiry Ed. And if you don't like it, then don't get involved big shooter.

5) Katherine McBroom and company has an established history of internet fraud.

5) The police are aware of her from her's and her boyfriend's past activity.

6) She is non-responsive to any messages sent.

7) Charges will be filed Tuesday morning with her local police department if my dragon isn't here.

At the best, she is the world's dealer. At worst, a scammer. Based upon complaints against her in the past, I'm starting to side with the later, not the former. And if anyone reading this thinks I'm jumping the gun... then YOU step in and buy her dragon.
Michael, you jumped the gun on this BOI thread.

She cashed your check on Wednesday... you started this thread on Thursday, seems like it was because she didn't contact you as fast as you wanted.

You posted 2 links that have nothing to do with Katherine Mc Broom, they could be a boy friend or someone else. you have labeled Katherine a scammer that is involved in internet fraud. I don't see it at all.

She posted a few dragons for sale this past week, I bought the sub adult female orange translucent, she arrived fat and healthy on Thursday. does that sound like a scammer? I have sold dragons to her a few different times with no problems.

Michael please post all the info saying Katherine is a scammer and is involved in any internet fraud.

You jumped the gun big time with this thread.

Big shooter?

Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
kasey
There is no issue here.You said you sent the check on July 25th and you didn't send it until august 1st.I wrote you on august 4th and said I received the check and would get back to you to set up shipping for the beginning of the week.It is the beginning of the week now and I need to know what day you want her shipped.You jumped to conclusions for no reason and you were not hounded about the check.Look through you pm's and tell me where you were hounded.You were asked if the check was sent and you said it was,but it actually wasn't sent until august 1st.I am holding up my end of the bargain.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
kasey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Your right, it's only been since Thursday since the check has been cashed. logical thinking would put shipping early in the week IF the temps are in a safe range.

I don't think a BOI thread was warranted here.not yet anyway.
Thanks Ed. I wrote him on the 4th and told him I received the check and would get back with him to set up shipping for the beginning of the week. I never ship on thursdays,only monday thru wednesday.I then left town thursday afternoon for a family issue.I just got home a little bit ago and found all of this on here. I didn't complain about him telling me he sent the check on the 25th of july when he didn't send it until august 1st,and I didn't hound him. I wrote him on july 27th asking if he sent payment and he said he did.Then I let him know on two other occasions the I had not received the check.And yes,my bank did put a hold on the check. I don't feel I did anything wrong and I feel that this thread was not needed.He jumped the gun and accusing me of other things is just ridiculous! I will send the dragon to him this week if he get's back to me and let's me know when he will be home to receive it.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #19
kasey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragonStore View Post
Hello all.

Has anyone had any experience with Katherine McBroom of Holly, Michigan? I had a check sent USPS priority mail to her. She cashed the check yesterday. The weird thing is that she road my ass getting it into her. However she did not reply to my message from yesterday confirming she got it. She did not reply to my second message with respect to shipping my dragon.

The dragon I purchased can be seen here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=255223

There is no listing for her in the white pages. No facebook profile. But I did find a bunch of complaints listed against her and/or her boyfriend-whatever on other things. To say I'm nervous about this sudden lack of response would be accurate. I've never had a sale go south like this before. Usually I get some sort of 'your payment has been received, thanks' message along with a discussion re: shipping plans.

Interested to see what if any experience others have had with her.

Thanks,
Mike Carter
Please show the people that are reading this thread the pm's from me that make you say I road your ass about getting the check. That is not true and I would like you to retract that and retract this: 5) Katherine McBroom and company has an established history of internet fraud. I have never commited any kind of fraud!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #20
Ed Clark
Michael Carter/BeardeDragonStore seems to have made a good case for him self as someone to not do business with, a little patience on his part would have gone a long way towards him having a good transaction.

The names and label he put on Kasey were unwarranted and uncalled for. sometimes people don't understand calling someone a scammer or something to that effect is read by thousands and has a severe adverse effect on a persons reputation and business even if it is not true.

I hope shipping goes well and Mike gets what he has paid for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
holly, katherine mcbroom, michigan