Bad Guy Christopher Pratt (prattnc or prattnc@gmail.com) from Kansas - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #21
radera5
I agree with the above posts. If a refund is going to be given it should be a full refund.
I get the whole "well I could have sold it to someone else" thing, but in this situation it isn't the buyer wanting to back out. He still wants the gecko. I do not think this ordeal has gone sour to the point that the gecko should not be shipped. I think this was a minor flaw and miscommunication, therefor I would AGREE on ONE day to have the gecko shipped.

Make sure it is packed correctly, shipped on the day agreed upon, and call it over. Both parties should end up happy this way and all this will be a hard lesson learned.

As far as the BOI goes though, this is minor! So take care of it ASAP and everyone leave untarnished.

Just my 0.02!
Good luck to you both!
--Amanda

Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #22
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
100% REFUND.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #23
hhmoore
This may seem irrelevant (it isn't), but how did this transaction begin? Was the gecko advertised, did it come up in conversation (ie chat), did you approach him asking if he had something?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #24
hhmoore
Nevermind - breezed right past it.

One simple question to the seller....
Why advertise during periods when you are unwilling/unable to ship?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #25
Aaron Mattson
Quote:
One simple question to the seller....
Why advertise during periods when you are unwilling/unable to ship?
That's what I've been thinking. It seems like it could have been shipped at any time as long as it was overnighted in a styro with a cold pack. That would have cost more but after a while I would think one of them would have suggested it.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
hhmoore
It is something I've never understood - if one is unwilling to ship in hot or cold weather, what is the point in advertising during those periods? Holding off because of a pending storm, or atypical situations, is one thing; but for normal summer (or winter) temperatures in your own area?? It just doesn't make sense to me

Old 10-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #27
xPantherx
Christopher, the number you blocked was my phone number (978-***-****). Her phone number is the 617 area code. The reason why I asked her to call you was because my calls were not getting through to you, as you blocked my calls. In addition, if you'd like me to subpoena both cell phone records for her phone and my own, neither of us called you or texted after 12:47am, meaning 11:47pm for you. I realize that was late, and I apologize, but that was also when I hadn't heard from you although you had proposed shipping on Wednesday (that text is included in the first post).

Old 10-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #28
Tom C
Christopher Pratt just dropped all e-mail communication on October 4th according to the buyers first post and didn't ship the next week like he said he would.You were even offered a second shipping option at the buyers expense to ship the reptile out the next week....You couldn't even respond to that?

Quote:
Re: Shipping the Red Harlequin female
TO: Christopher Pratt

Message flagged
Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:52 PM

Regardless of what happened in the past, since we can't really come to terms, would you be able to get her out this week via FedEx if I were to send you the difference in shipping USPS vs. FedEx? 85 is shippable, and FedEx in my area is reliable.

Let me know.
I can't believe the buyer would even offer to send you more money for more excuses.
You need to refund him 100% of his money back and learn how to ship reptiles.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #29
xPantherx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mattson View Post
That's what I've been thinking. It seems like it could have been shipped at any time as long as it was overnighted in a styro with a cold pack. That would have cost more but after a while I would think one of them would have suggested it.
I assumed that that is how he, or anyone for that matter, would ship that time of year?

Old 10-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #30
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Dragons View Post
The full amount should be refunded in my opnion. Despite all the back and forth on the matter, the buyer never received anything. The only way to fairly keep a percentage of the $300 is if you had a predetermined and agreed upon TOS stating a non-refundable deposit.
This. If you have no written deposit policy, you have no legal or moral grounds to keep any of the money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!