Bad Guy Christopher Pratt (prattnc or prattnc@gmail.com) from Kansas - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #41
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
There's your sign.
I'm smelling the same thing.

If a seller is unable to get the animal out to the buyer in reasonable time (unless other arrangements are agreed upon) then it's good business and ethical to refund the FULL amount.

The scenario of a seller making excuses (blaming the buyer) and attempting to push a buyer off to Paypal sure stinks to me.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #42
pakinjak
Not that I need to, but I think the seller owes the buyer a full refund. I only mention it, since the seller was sincerely asking for our opinions and all...

Old 10-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #43
laterob
Quote:
I am willing to resolve this but it doesnt sound like sending the gecko is gunna be possible to i need some suggestions on how much of the 300 should be refunded.
Why can't the gecko be shipped? Is it getting too cold out now? The buyer offered to go FedEx. Heck, I'll send the seller a couple hot and cold packs.

Nick and Deborah are right (again). I think this was a scam the whole way and now the seller is looking for a way to keep $$ that he already spent.

Hey, how about a pic of the gecko in today's paper?

Old 10-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #44
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post

Hey, how about a pic of the gecko in today's paper?
That would be awesome! Haha.
I may be swallowing my words about this not being such a big deal

Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #45
laterob
ON, I meant ON. Dangit, Amanda .

Old 10-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #46
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
ON, I meant ON. Dangit, Amanda .
I really just laughed out loud
The idea works though, I would like to see the picture also. (Of the gecko ON today's paper)

Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #47
Gojira1986
What I think is fishy - is if the OP cancelled shipping so many times, why was the seller not prepared to ship immediately? the minute i sell an animal i buy all the necessary things needed to ship. it takes 5 minutes to prepare a box. you can even schedule a pick up. so why is the seller saying he cant ship the gecko the same day or the next day when the buyer asks? thats crazy!?! if hes that concerned about getting the gecko out of his care, he shouldnt be making crazy demands for all this time to prepare for shipping.
Kai - you did nothing wrong. you deserve your money back, or the gecko. and even if he sends you the gecko, i still believe your entitled to free shipping bc of the sellers run-around.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #48
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by prattnc View Post
I dont think either one of us handled this right so i just really need some suggestion on what to do about it from other people that dont know either one of us. I am willing to resolve this but it doesnt sound like sending the gecko is gunna be possible to i need some suggestions on how much of the 300 should be refunded.
A suggestion/advice?
Due to certain facts, and regardless of everything that has (&/or has not) transpired, the bottom line is that you do not have a legal leg to stand on.
Either send the gecko, to the OP, or give full refund.
(speaking as someone who doesn't know either one of you).

Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #49
laterob
Well, it looks like Chris was on last night...I don't think he likes the advice he's been getting. I'm not sure how he thought people would defend him and/or his idea of a 'partial' refund .
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #50
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira1986 View Post
What I think is fishy - is if the OP cancelled shipping so many times, why was the seller not prepared to ship immediately? the minute i sell an animal i buy all the necessary things needed to ship. it takes 5 minutes to prepare a box. you can even schedule a pick up. so why is the seller saying he cant ship the gecko the same day or the next day when the buyer asks? thats crazy!?! if hes that concerned about getting the gecko out of his care, he shouldnt be making crazy demands for all this time to prepare for shipping.
Kai - you did nothing wrong. you deserve your money back, or the gecko. and even if he sends you the gecko, i still believe your entitled to free shipping bc of the sellers run-around.
Exactly, that's why it stinks that he's blaming the situation on the buyer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!