Bad Guy Bob MacCargar from ReptileUV - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
dragonfanatic4454
Bob MacCargar from ReptileUV

I just wanted to put this post up and talk about my most recent experience with ReptileUV and see if this has happened to anyone else in the past. I purchased my first MVB bulb from ReptilUV about 3 years or so ago because of the reputation that was told to me by friends who had owned reptiles. So I bought one and thought the idea of having the heat and UVB in one place made sense. So I bought a total of three all around a couple months of each other and they worked great. All lasted over 2+ years before burning out and I was happy with it. The replacement I got about a year ago for the first one was odd though. I had it on my one bearded dragon and it seemed like he was basking and acting somewhat normal except that he couldn't really open his eyes. So I took the bulb out and replaced it with a regular heat bulb for a few days. His eyes went back to being open and normal. Then I put the new MVB bulb back in and he did the same closed eye thing. I contacted ReptileUV right away and they told me they would send a replacement. I had also read around this time that their manufacturer was having some trouble with the bulbs. When I finally got the replacement, the bulb did the same thing. I contacted ReptileUV again and told them I just wanted to get a refund and I would be back to purchase a bulb once the bugs were worked out of it because I didn't want to destroy my beardies eyes!

I checked their website frequently and saw that they were sold out a lot of the bulbs so I figured it would be time to try them again since I just lost a UVB tube. I finally saw the bulbs back up for sale and so I purchased one. My total cost was $66.95 with shipping ($56.95 for the bulb and $10.00 for shipping) This was around 2 months ago that I ordered a self ballasted 160 Watt MVB bulb. A couple weeks went by and no tracking info or emails were sent to me explaining what was going on. I noticed on their website since then that the bulbs were no longer available again so I shot ReptileUV an email trying to see where my bulb was. I got got that annoying autoresponse from their website saying someone will contact you within 48 hours or whatever time period it stated. I waited a few days and had no contact. So I contacted them again and got the same autoresponse and the same result. No human response through email or by phone. So I decided to call them and got a voicemail. I left a voicemail that stated how upset I was and that it was ridiculous that no one had contacted me about the problem I was having and that this was not the same company I dealt with 3 years ago. I expected a response to that since I left my home, cell and email address on the line. A week went by and still nothing. I have contacted once more by phone and many more times by email stating that I was furious for the nonrepsponse and threatening to post on here telling about the situation.

I am not one who likes to tarnish reputations which is why I have waited to long to do this but for almost $70 in this economy, it is worth it to me to get this handled and since I have had no luck with ReptileUV directly, hopefully posting to this site will get their attention and finally get them to give me my money back!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
I purchased over $200 worth of lights in April and still have yet to receive them or my demanded refund. Sam MacCargar said he would send me a refund through email, but he never followed through. Their funds have been locked by Paypal last I heard. They will no longer respond to my weekly attempt to get a refund. Their voice mail is always full and they never answer the phones. All signs of a dead company.

Do not do business with this company. They take your money and do not ship product. I've filed a complaint and encourage you to do the same. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

Here is a previous thread about this company:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=reptileuv

If you get any satisfaction, please let me know. If you talk to them, please let them know there are others waiting for their money. I don't ever want to use their defective products again. So, the only satisfaction now is to give me my money back.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
dragonfanatic4454
Sorry I should've checked to see if there was already a thread like this in place but I guess if I have gotten a response after 5 minutes of posting this then it is still fresh in people's minds. I am completely fed up with it and so disappointed in a company I onced looked to for my reptiles health. All I want is a refund and I appreciate you sending me the link so that I can make a complaint to the BBB. These guys need to pay back the money they took because you are right when you say I do not want their products or anything to do with them anymore. I will keep everyone updated on the status of my problems with them and I will also be sending this thread to them so please anyone who has had a similar situation post it on here and hopefully we cna get it taken care of.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Hoggtied
About a year ago I placed an order with them for a MVB & heard nothing for a week, so I sent an email & got no reply, then I left a voice mail & got no reply. I waited a few days & then I called every few minutes for an hour, I finally got a lady who couldn't speak English very well who told me she would call me back that day with a tracking#, guess what happened? no call. I did the same thing the next day, calling every few minutes & got her again she promised it would ship that day. This time I did get a tracking # emailed to me & about a week later I received 2 bulbs from them, I was happy as I felt this more than made up for the hassle. However, both bulbs only remained on for about an hour & would shut off for about 30 minutes & then repeat the cycle. Waste of time, money & glass

Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
MrsWTownsend
Warning!

This used to be a good and reliable company, I have made a few purchases in the past from them without incident, one of which involved returning a bulb for exchange, however, since they have decided to change their method of operation it seems to have gone straight into the toilet.

Last time I was in the market for bulbs I decided to do a price search and happened to find repeated info (similar to this thread) regarding peoples latest dealings with this company and between that and the "crappy service disclaimer letter" the owner put up on his website that was enough red flags for me. Having had the good experiences that I had previously had and if I had not decided to do a price comparison, I probably would have just gone straight there to buy (I got lucky on that day).

I hate to say it but based on peoples latest published experiences, I think your money is gone for good. Disappointing, to say the very least, as they have been highly recommended by many reliable people in the past.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
Mreynolds101110
I decided to try them out this year. I ordered two bulbs, got only one and it was European. Haha none of my domes could house the bulb. So I called/emailed and finally got through to someone after several attempts. They then sent the right bulbs...

One burnt out within two months and the other is a pain. I don't know if it is the bulb or my reptile room sucking too much power, but it flickers every time it turns on and bothers me....( my other MVB's do not) And they don't produce enough heat at the required distance. I talked to Bob about it and he told me I needed a basking bulb along side it. WHY would I purchase a MVB if I need a second heat bulb anyways...? LOL I would rather save my money and but a Repti-sun tube light. So I won't be buying any more from them...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!