is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #171
dumje
you know...im joining USARK after reading this thread...

Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #172
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
he set up rules to offer up to ours states without even talking to us or running it by us
Really?
Then you need to do some research on the association that you joined. Because USARK stemmed our of a national need for representation. So he basically "expanded" NCARK. (for lack of a better term).

Quote:
2 we need to spend money on cases. what cases usark or pijac has nver filed a lawsuit.
REad the statement you are answering. He did not mean cases as in lawsuit cases. And before you say that the NRA has sued people and USARK should to. Let me tell you. NRA sues on the bases of our 2nd ammendment rights being violated. What can USARK use as a bases of a lawsuit besides the wildlife people undermining the law making process?

Quote:
note the

USARK has developed model legislation that can be enacted at the state level to ensure that keepers working with certain reptiles adhere to strict caging standards, safety protocols, escape prevention plans, registration and micro-chipping.

so he wrote up model legislation with stricter rules than he would have for his own state and he didnt even think to run it by any of the hobbyist in PA first.
Where does it say that the rules being offered is stricter for all states except his state?

You need to calm down and think. You were so hyper and practically yelling I decided to skip just about the whole thread. You came out posting and practically attacking everyobody.It was obvious that when people tried to reason with you, you practicall yelled at them and or ignored what they had to say. We can have a discussion into our rights. But if you are gonna act all crazy and come unglued because of "model legislation" then perhaps it is crazies like you that we don't want owning anything dangerous. Remember the crazy in ohio? yeah you remind of him at this point

Now calm your butt and lets have a discussion.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #173
Taking Up Serpents
5. Prepare to file a Federal Lawsuit: In anticipation that USFWS ignores the fact that there are gross inequities, misrepresentations and inaccuracies in the Proposed Rule and agency reports used to support the Proposed Rule. There are also alternatives that have not been fully explored.

http://www.usark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=259

True there has been no lawsuit....yet. Other than this what would a law suit do? It would redirect resources and time from higher priority issues. Who are we supposed to be filing lawsuits against? Should USF&W ignore the discrepancies and attempts by USARK under the Freedom of Information and Information Quality Acts then we may see days in court. But besides this, who are we supposed to be filing suit against?

Quote:
Because USARK stemmed our of a national need for representation. So he basically "expanded" NCARK. (for lack of a better term).
And this was run by others in the herp community. NCARK didn't just say "let's go national" and go that route over night. Input was sought by many and it was announced to the public at a major show out of NC. NCARK members did get a bug in their ears about it. But it was not official until after the meeting.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #174
HerpVenue
Yeah that is my point. He says he did not know and was not consulted. I guess he did not know the organization he signed up for. Because everything was in the website. ie position statements history etc etc etc.

There was a big meeting. Everything was discussed. He pitched it to the big gurus. They all knew the model that USARK will be using.

Then comes along some fool who did not know what he joined or what he is talking about. Complaining about something he did not even do research on. He just wants to sue everyone.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #175
Gary O
I am tired after the day I had today lol. But I will come back and post tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that has contacted me. I think if we all do our part it will help USARK be that more powerful. That is what it is all about. Helping do your part to save OUR hobby.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #176
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
I am tired after the day I had today lol. But I will come back and post tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that has contacted me. I think if we all do our part it will help USARK be that more powerful. That is what it is all about. Helping do your part to save OUR hobby.
i talked to terry wilkins today. you mite want to call him and let him know you are looking to get involved with the fight. ill be calling my local spca this weekend and talking to them about getting in touch with all the spca's in PA. im also going to be contacting my local printing company and looking into cost for pamphlets with information about hsus and donations and so on. i think your right about each state needing to have its own representation. we need to move on that. and first and for most we need to start costing hsus money. we need to run smear campaigns. we need to protest people and companies that promote them.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #177
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
Yeah that is my point. He says he did not know and was not consulted. I guess he did not know the organization he signed up for. Because everything was in the website. ie position statements history etc etc etc.

There was a big meeting. Everything was discussed. He pitched it to the big gurus. They all knew the model that USARK will be using.

Then comes along some fool who did not know what he joined or what he is talking about. Complaining about something he did not even do research on. He just wants to sue everyone.
who were the guru's and when was this and why dose only the gurus get to hear and have a say

Old 11-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #178
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
Really?
Then you need to do some research on the association that you joined. Because USARK stemmed our of a national need for representation. So he basically "expanded" NCARK. (for lack of a better term).

REad the statement you are answering. He did not mean cases as in lawsuit cases. And before you say that the NRA has sued people and USARK should to. Let me tell you. NRA sues on the bases of our 2nd ammendment rights being violated. What can USARK use as a bases of a lawsuit besides the wildlife people undermining the law making process?

Where does it say that the rules being offered is stricter for all states except his state?

You need to calm down and think. You were so hyper and practically yelling I decided to skip just about the whole thread. You came out posting and practically attacking everyobody.It was obvious that when people tried to reason with you, you practicall yelled at them and or ignored what they had to say. We can have a discussion into our rights. But if you are gonna act all crazy and come unglued because of "model legislation" then perhaps it is crazies like you that we don't want owning anything dangerous. Remember the crazy in ohio? yeah you remind of him at this point

Now calm your butt and lets have a discussion.
i like how you said you decided to skip just about the whole thread and then you go on to give your opinion of me and thread. brilliant

Old 11-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #179
rodneynboalich
by the way andrew will be on urban jungle radio tonight and terry was going to be on too but andrew said he wouldnt come on if they had terry as well.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #180
Taking Up Serpents
I give you credit for doing something. I respect that initiative. You don't like the majority plan and you are free to do so. I don't fault you for that. However take this as constructive criticism to your plan of action. The only disagreement is running a smear campaign against H$U$. Why try to smear their name when the basic truth will suffice? With groups like HW doing a fine job you can concentrate those funds and resources to other areas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!