is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #191
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
i think htis thread has been highly useless.
We've had good people weigh in here. We have a dialogue going, and there have been some thoughtful answers

Quote:
i would be more than glad to hand out some infraction to some people on here
This last post of yours as well as many others seems to show you as an extremely controlling person.

Quote:
webslave im glad to see i got ban for a couple days for doing something you mods do.
Way to talk back

Quote:
im done with this internet bs. im done with forums and all of it. i use to stay away from forums and so on and i need to go back to staying away. the losers that frequent them are just that losers that want to fight and argue. you people are a fu*** joke

Old 11-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #192
Gary O
Quote:
if you think knowledge and common sense reigns supreme in this country you need to wake up and take a look around. this country is full of people that dont care about facts. thats why hsus has been so successful
I have fought with knowledge and common sense from day one. And I like to think that the things I have done for Ohio in the past help keep these very things away. SO you say it can not be done.... I have done it.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #193
Gary O
I do not understand why people think if things do not go their way 100% that it is wrong.

We need to do what is best for everyone. I am a HOT keeper. Or I should say I was a hot keeper. I got rid of my pride and joys for my new pride and joy my family. Not because I was worried my snakes would get out and bite them. But what would they do if I was bitten and did not make it. I would leave a very large collection to them they do not know how to handle.

I have fought these things over and over. I never once smeared anyone. I used common sense and knowledge. Brought up the taxes the hobby brings to the states. bring up the education it beings to the state.

I do not want to tell everyone how bad HSUS is. AS that is just a waste of time. I want to take my time and tell them how great my hobby is. My it be an ANOLE or a Corn snake maybe even a turtle.

It is not a right to own a snake. But then again I say I live in this great country and I pay my dues. I should be able to own what I want when I want. But that is for another thread as I think this country is not educating themselves when it comes to electing our leader.

So in the end. I will continue to educate anyone that will listen. I will tell them about how great my hobby is. I will stand infront of anyone that will listen. Because without knowledge you walk blindly

Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #194
raptorfrog
I almost never post despite reading a ton. As a DIRECT result of this thread I have just become a paid member of USARK within the last 10 minutes. I valued all of this discussion, both what I agreed with as well as what I disagreed with, as it resulted in lots of dialog. That said....some of it I valued because it added good info to my "Do/Don't buy from" lists.

To anyone that storms off because everyone doesn't come to the same personal conclusion after a lively discussion I usually say "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya". However, today I will refrain as I have not contributed enough to this community with my 3 posts to be comfortable saying it.....

Chris

Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #195
Taking Up Serpents
Previous post- Page 13 Post#130

With hots they need locking/latching enclosures, species names and venomous reptile on containers/enclosures and a bite protocol with species name and anti-venom in case EMS finds you face down on your reptile room floor. You can print out these from some hot keeping websites.
Crocs and big constrictors should have locking/latching enclosures and the name of species on containers or enclosures. This makes sense, I don't want to see burm in tanks with bricks or books holding down the top. Never a good thing.
Escape notifications on everything should you have something make it out of the house. Also, even if you are bitten by your venomous, as long as it is found you complied with caging standards and bite protocols, you'll get it back should you recover.

I'm done repeating myself here. There is enough information on all 20 pages of this thread to help anyone decide which way to lean. You want to keep hots, big 5 and whatnot with bricks or books to prevent escapes then go ahead. You don't think a bite protocol is necessary, whatever.
This horse gets beat any more and you'll have to do a DNA test to know it was equine.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #196
rodneynboalich
i think its amazing that when i say let not argue and talk about usark and model legislation and some issues with it and i say let have a few rules for the discussion like if you make a statement you will have to explain yourselves and simply repeating what someone said is not proof, you all back away. just like you have all backed away from the question that started this tread in the first place.

i wouldnt have such a problem with usark and andrew wyatt if he would come out and say what he is instead of masquerading as the industries savior and pretending that hes representing all of us.

the truth is usark is basically a lobbying group, lobbying groups get paid to push the agendas of their backers. namely zoo med that pretty much sells junk you find in pet stores. namely the people in the industry usark isnt representing is the breeders if usark was then usark would not be recommending model legislation or if usark was truly representing all of us, and at the same time looking to make sure all reptiles have the best possible living conditions the would recommend bmp's for all of them. but that would have a very negative affect on companies like zoo meds and the ball python and gecko breeders is know zoo meds produces were under scrutiny of the law and if all the ball python breeders had to get all their ball pythons registered, usark would not get the financial backing from these people.

i challenge andrew wyatt to come on here and say he is fairly representing the the whole industry, including the breeders.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #197
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
We've had good people weigh in here. We have a dialogue going, and there have been some thoughtful answers

This last post of yours as well as many others seems to show you as an extremely controlling person.

Way to talk back

way to talk back. i got ban for using a swear word and i misspelled it because i thought we could do that because i saw hhmoore do it. but it turns out that not all generally accepted swear words are considered so on here. turns out web slave dosnt consider piss a swear word so everyone can use piss on here as much as you like.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #198
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Way to talk back

Way to talk back

this is why i hate forums because its full of people like you. i ask that we stop arguing and really start talking about bmp's and some issues surrounding them and you try and start a fight with thinks for mostly other threads. so heres the questions that i think need discussed. if you dont wish to discuss them fine. just say that you dont want to and you would rather try and start a fight instead of engaging it a rational conversation.

so why are bmp's good

what will they bring about

what problems will they resolve

and most importantly what new problems could they bring about.

please refrain for hypotheticals and claims that have no empirical data to back them.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #199
Focal
Quote:
way to talk back. i got ban for using a swear word and i misspelled it because i thought we could do that because i saw hhmoore do it. but it turns out that not all generally accepted swear words are considered so on here. turns out web slave dosnt consider piss a swear word so everyone can use piss on here as much as you like.
I love the way you fabricate! You didn't just use a swear word ... you insulted a member by calling them a name that was a swear word (unprovoked mind you), similar to the way children act. You deserved the ban.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #200
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking Up Serpents View Post
Previous post- Page 13 Post#130

With hots they need locking/latching enclosures, species names and venomous reptile on containers/enclosures and a bite protocol with species name and anti-venom in case EMS finds you face down on your reptile room floor. You can print out these from some hot keeping websites.
Crocs and big constrictors should have locking/latching enclosures and the name of species on containers or enclosures. This makes sense, I don't want to see burm in tanks with bricks or books holding down the top. Never a good thing.
Escape notifications on everything should you have something make it out of the house. Also, even if you are bitten by your venomous, as long as it is found you complied with caging standards and bite protocols, you'll get it back should you recover.

I'm done repeating myself here. There is enough information on all 20 pages of this thread to help anyone decide which way to lean. You want to keep hots, big 5 and whatnot with bricks or books to prevent escapes then go ahead. You don't think a bite protocol is necessary, whatever.
This horse gets beat any more and you'll have to do a DNA test to know it was equine.
and thats all you have done is repeat yourself. yes bmp's make rational sense at face value. we all know that.

so heres a question. how will they be enforced and who will be enforcing them and when animals do get confiscated will these people have the mean to care for them. there were some people out in ca ( cant think of their names and i try to get them for you) that had their animals taken and the animals were taken to a warehouse and sat there until it was ruled that they were not breaking the law but by that time all the animals had died and they had to sue the state. and that also raise another the comes directly for the aforementioned issues once you have had your animals taken and the people in charge of taking kill them because they dont know what they are doing lawsuits come into play. now most people cant afford $20,000 worth of lawyers and court cost. now since usark set up the model legislation that caused you animals to get taken and die form the result of this model legislation being place in the hands of unqualified people, will usark take represent you in a court of law if you cant afford to do so yourself.

taking up serpents you have probably been the biggest cheerleader of bmp's in this thread so i think you should be the one to enlighten us all on this matter. and dont worry you wont be repeating your self in answering this.

PS. if you feel you cant answer this you could get in touch with usark and see what they have to say, or better yet let usark know that you think this question needs answered and you fell you arnt the one to do so and maybe they could come on here and give us an answer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!