is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:26 AM   #231
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop View Post
So it looks like you(Rodney) could see the Future...........You just couldn't see what Hotels they were staying at?? Bahamas?? Acapolco?? Haha
I
Couldn't see the future or I would have done a lot more to try and stop wyatt and usark. .sadly this point it's almost a lost cause to try and talk to people about what's going on.. it seems most people have lost faith in usark. .. fortunately I never had any to lose or any expectations outside of the potential damage wyatt would do..and he ended up doing more then I could ever imagine. ..the industry's blind faith in him proved to be very destructive as I said it would 4 years ago....I said years ago usark needed to file lawsuits to fight the python ban and now the have and are ready to walk into a court room with the basis of their case being a loophole in the lacey act. ...a loophole that doesn't exist. ...usark is going up an executive that came from an agency that was authorized to do executive orders by a council that was set up and created by an executive order and said council is made up of the agencies that the council authorizes to do executive orders. So it should be interesting to watch it all play out.....also a fun thing to watch for is a nationally proposed piece of legislation that's very similar to Ohio's sb310....you know the anti animal bill that pijac pushed supported and praised when it passed...hsus liked it as well..in fact hsus liked it so much they are now using it as their own recommend model legislation for the country. ...and don't forget pijac hired a lobbyists to support and push sb310 and they got the money (30000) to do so from narbc ( brian potter Bob Ashley)..... see what happens when the industry supports model legislation. ....see what happens when you're all too unwilling to question or unwilling to accept the reality right in front of your face.....so I still maintain usark is incompetent and Wyatt is a lair and a thief. ..so who all still thinks I'm crazy for saying that

Old 01-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #232
Keith Northrop
No Fear Rodney....I see what you saw.....lol....Now we got TxArk??

Old 01-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #233
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop View Post
No Fear Rodney....I see what you saw.....lol....Now we got TxArk??
That's great I think it's going to take a state based organization in every state to start to get ahead of all the legislation. . I hope here in PA we can get something up and running soon

Old 03-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #234
Night10gail
It USFWS (United States Federal Wildlife Services) that made the decision not USARK. I think people are getting them confused for the same thing. USARK (United States Association of Reptile Keepers) is a group of lobbyist and have no power to make legal rulings. They are simply allowed to represent the reptile community as a whole much like a lawyer defends someone on trial. They have announced their intention to appeal this Lacey Act amendment all the way to supreme court. USARK is trying to help all reptile keepers but like myself as a single individual could scream til blue faced and not be heard by the ignorant lawmakers that are only concerned with meeting their own personal bias agendas and getting a bigger paycheck. The Federal Wildlife Services (the game commission is a subgroup of this) decided on their own what they thought was best for all of the American people without consulting them.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #235
Keith Northrop
I think I'll throw my penny on the ground......Better chance it will grow into a Giant Redwood than USARK has at saving anything!!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #236
Night10gail
And you or I or anyone by themselves has an a better chance of stopping the ban? We can't take USFWS to court over it and the government isn't gonna give us a chance to vote about it. The Wildlife Department just wants these snakes banned for their own personal bias. I wouldn't be surprised if they've got paid extra to make this decision. USARK did stop something. They stopped boas from being added to that list and who knows by now ball pythons might be apart of Lacey by now. This ban sucks but we could've lost a lot more. What are you or anyone by themselves doing that will stop this ban? Complaining about it isn't going to solve it and writing a single letter to congress ain't gonna do it either. USARK is taking this to the supreme court to try to get it over turned. They are at least doing something concrete to try to reverse this decision that was made by a handful of bias lawmakers. I was taught that if you're not doing anything constructive about a problem then don't complain about the people who are. Government may not rule in reptile keeper's favor but that is them misconstruing facts or ignoring science presented in order to meet their own goals. That is not USARK's fault. If we throw tomatoes at someone trying to help just because we feel they're not doing a good enough job then we are going to be in an even worse situation down the road.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #237
rodneynboalich
Here's the thing you don't understand the fws want to add as many snakes to lacey act as they can for of the federal grant money the will get plus the millions of dollars coming in from animal rights groups. ...As for usark under wyatt the python ban was his biggest money maker and it was in wyatts best financial interest to make sure the bill would come back every session. .that's why usark never really fought the python ban. ..wyatt would just lobby a senator to hold the bill till the end of the session so it would die... the python ban went into effect via executive order.... Fws could do that because of executive order 13112. Which gave them the authority to do lacey act listing by bypassing the judicial process. ...usark did not start putting together a lawsuit until it was too late....even though usark under wyatt had taken donations for a lawsuit on multiple occasions. ....even now usark s main approach with their lawsuit is based around savings interstate transportation....which was a compromise wyatt pushed for the whole time...wyatt even went on record at the hr511 hearing in the house natural resources committee. .a hearing that he set up by the way to create a false victory. ...and said and I quote importation of these animals could end today with little to no effect on the industry. ...even without wyatt usark is still pushing that agenda........I watched usark lie and steal from the industry for years and was meet with harsh criticism when I warned people. .....usark method of so called fighting has destroyed more then it has saved...on Thursday the judge in the case will announce the courts decision on the preliminary injunction. ..I do hope usark is successful in this....but I'm not getting my hopes up based on their track record.......I do think usark over emphasis on the financial issues of a ban has painted the industry as greedy uncaring scumbags. ....if usark doesn't win this case it will open the flood gates even more then the original listing did.....and I would like to remind everyone usark claimed the original listing as a victory. .monitors crocs and venomous are next on the list of animals to ban......I thought it was very irresponsible of usark to act like this recent listing came out of nowhere. .. and more irresponsible that they did nothing to prepare for it.....I do think the fws has the ability to prohibite interstate transportation with their listing the snakes as invasive and covered under injurious wildlife under the lacey act. ...invasive and injurious have two different legal definitions..invasive wildlife that is such because it's considered a threat to environment. Economy and or humans.. so I think it will almost be a common sense argument for the courts to say no interstate transportation. ...for example look at snake head fish....it would be really hard to say that we should be able to cross state line with them.......let's hope the judge doesn't think that

Old 05-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #238
CwnAnnwn
Mr Boalich,

I am really trying to understand your position on this subject. Your post are rambling, incoherent, and sometime random.

Could you please put into a bullet list your complaints against USARK? But for every complaint, could you post proof of what you are saying?

So far, I am completely unable to translate your problems with USARK.

I know you are going to say that all I have to do is read what you posted. But what you post most of the time, seems to be conspiracy after conspiracy and random ideas.

Help me understand your position.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:28 PM   #239
Night10gail
All I got out of it was that perhaps USARK's methods of trying to stop bans is not the best option for trying to protect our rights.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #240
rodneynboalich
How usarks lawsuit is set trying to save interstate transportation it will.if usark wins basically undo all Fws listing prior to the lawsuit being won in terms of Fws authority to prohibite interstate transportation. ..I doubt a judge will want to do that....As for the other issues. ..usark in its earlier fight with the ban was based around lobbying to stop the bill with no actual fight or preparation for a fight.... As for proof of thinks like wyatt wasteful spending you simply have.to look at usarks d financial statements. ...As for wyatts lying you just have to look at something like wyatts nonsense about PA bills that were amendments to titles that reptiles aren't covered under... and taking donations to fight them under the guise that the could affect reptiles... this kind of stuff happened throughout wyatts reign...and when the usark board was told and confronted the ignored it every time.......the second hr511 hearing wyatt set up and told everyone it was a serious threat....it was a way for him to ask for donations and seem victorious...when he was simple putting out a fire he start....and usarks board stood by and did nothing. .....Usarks way for so called fighting is what gave Fws the perfect opportunity to go the executive order rout which they can do under executive order 13112 which was signed into law in 1999.......the thing is I won't make any sense to you if 1 you don't know usarks history. .2 you don't understand how legislation works..3 or understand the implications and ramifications of fighting bills in bans in a passive aggressive manner which intentions don't extend pass simply block legislation from passing. ..instead of attack the legitimacy of the bills themselves. ...without doing that usark has ended up in the situation they're in.... because usark has never really attacked the science of Fws and focused on interpretation of 18 42 and 43 and the limitations of enforcement now usark has to get a judge to basically undo the lacey act...which the entire government will fight to protect. .....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!