Bad Guy Nichole Slater / Starlighter Exotics Paypal Scam - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
Abby
Nichole Slater / Starlighter Exotics Paypal Scam

BEWARE of Nichole Slater/Starlighter Exotics. Paypal address starlighterexotics@gmail.com this person lives on Starlighter Dr. in Virginia Beach VA. I include this info in the case she is using an alias, at least someone might see red flags based on location. I doubt this is the first time she has attempted this scam.

She purchased a few snakes from me on Oct 1st, I shipped the same day. She received and acknowledged they arrived safely the next day. 10 days later I find she filed an Unauthorized Payment claim through her CC/Paypal. I asked her if she filed the claim, giving the benefit of the doubt (maybe it was an accident) She saw the message but did not respond. Luckily Paypal reviewed the tracking info and sided with me, so I didn't lose the money but I still want to warn others that this person is out to scam people. So watch out!

I attached a screenshot showing that she received the animals, I blocked out her house # since I don't really feel comfortable posting someone's personal info. I have the original for anyone seriously concerned.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Here is a corresponding Facebook page and the typed phone numbers for the search engines:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Starl...=page_internal

(757) 708-3239

also

(757) 287-6889 (phone & address both public information off govt. website)

Thanks for the warning Abby and sorry to hear, but glad you kept your money!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Any of the pictures on her Facebook pages the snakes you sent her?

Old 10-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Any of the pictures on her Facebook pages the snakes you sent her?
I looked briefly and didn't see them, no. But after I notified her of the BOI thread she finally responded, claiming the snakes died 2 days after she received them and she "couldn't get a hold of me". She has my phone number, my email address and my Facebook (where we did our deal.) She never attempted to contact me, and as I said before she didn't respond when I asked her if she filed a claim even though I know she saw it (I saw the time stamp showing she saw my FB message at 9:30 am that day, but you can no longer see the time stamp since I sent her another message)

I've included a screenshot of our conversation today regarding the snakes. I do not believe her. Several others have siblings to both snakes in question and all are doing well, including the remaining clutchmates I still have.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
Robert Walker
So Nichole is sorry about what exactly? Sorry the snakes (fake) died? Sorry she never contacted you to share their untimely deaths? Sorry her attempt to get Paypal funds backfired?

Definitely on my don't do business with list...

Old 10-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
So Nichole is sorry about what exactly? Sorry the snakes (fake) died? Sorry she never contacted you to share their untimely deaths? Sorry her attempt to get Paypal funds backfired?

Definitely on my don't do business with list...
Not sure exactly. "It's whatever", apparently? Hopefully this post can save someone else the hassle of dealing with this person. I hope my snakes are getting the care they deserve

Old 10-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
lillyorchid
Yikes! I am glad you posted this. Will stay far away from her.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
Billy1138
"Its whatever" is typically what my teenage son tells me when he knows he's guilty of something, doesn't want to admit to it, but has no valid excuse to make up either.

Thanks for posting about her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!