Wanted shinglebacks wanted a pair - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Skinks

Notices

Old 01-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
sanziniamad
shinglebacks wanted a pair

I am looking for a legal pair of shinglebacks

the younger the better, but definately need them to be able to reproduce.

I have some trade value in GTP or Pied Balls but I am fine with paying the entire amount if not interested in trade.

Thanks

Kip
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-27-2021, 11:49 PM   #2
scaredofbees
There is a guy in Canada with a trio of aspera who can legally export to the U.S. PM me for details.

Old 02-13-2021, 11:45 PM   #3
guyzo3
Dems some might fine skinks, dey do be!

Old 02-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
NCVenom
You can't legally import anything endemic to Australia into the United States at this time.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:05 PM   #5
scaredofbees
That is largely true, but not entirely accurate. I thought the same thing prior to reaching out to the individual in Canada and also speaking with others in the U.S. who had done business with him. I did some reading and made a few phone calls and there are certain export licenses that U.S. fish and game will currently honor when dealing with captive bred individuals originally endemic to Australia. How long that will last is anyone's guess, however.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredofbees View Post
captive bred individuals originally endemic to Australia.
And descending from originally smuggled animals with almost 100% certainty. Hard to prosecute, though, since European laundering is pretty effective, and not much motivation for even holding them up at the border, since they're not CITES listed.

Heck, even CITES listed species get in and are freely traded. Adelphobates galactonotus 'Blue' are in circulation now, despite clear statements from USFWS on their illegal status. It is a shame we're contributing to this.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:51 AM   #7
NCVenom
I don't know if there is a permit to circumvent it but from my understanding talking with USFW, you can't legally import anything (even CBB from Europe and Canada) of Australian origin and haven't been able to for almost 2 years now. I'm not referring to Australias export ban that's been in place for decades now, this one is on our side of the fence. Now I could be mistaken and all of these Australian water dragons and frilled lizards that were floating around could be legal, or they could be like all the baby Egyptian Uros being sold right now.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:13 AM   #8
TurtleTracker
Ty Park imported some into Florida a few years ago from HK I believe. So it is possible but very rare to import them into the USA.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!