Help with new Rescue - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Craigh
Help with new Rescue

I went on an animal cruelty case to remove some animals many dogs. They had a normal ball python, his cage wasn't that moist just really dry but extremely filthy. I notice some lesions on him thinking it might be some kind of burns. He had a really bad shed going so I couldn't really look at him. He finely shed complete today and I noticed in a lot of places his scales are turning white and then turning to the lesions.

I am thinking it some kind of Blister disease but always that that usually started on the underbelly and his is fine. He is also under weight but that can easily be fixed. I have an appointment at my vet next week for one of my rescue dogs for heartworm treatment so going to take him in. ( He is also a herp and avian vet) Just need some advice of what I can do till then. I read that you should take any under belly heater off and just use over head heat to keep the temp. I am using unprinted newspaper atm. He are some pics sorry for the quality can't find my good camera.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
harrellharrell
Use neosporin on the leisions. Unfortunately, The cause of the leisions will probably never be known unless the vet does a biopsy and finds a bacteria or virus that may have caused them. But chances are that a bacteria would have found it's way into the sores and would not be the cause. The vet will probably prescribe Baytril and recommend neosporin applied to the lesions regularly. It has to be applied at least every day as you cannot really bandage a snake.
Good luck,
Melissa

Old 03-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Craigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrellharrell View Post
Use neosporin on the leisions. Unfortunately, The cause of the leisions will probably never be known unless the vet does a biopsy and finds a bacteria or virus that may have caused them. But chances are that a bacteria would have found it's way into the sores and would not be the cause. The vet will probably prescribe Baytril and recommend neosporin applied to the lesions regularly. It has to be applied at least every day as you cannot really bandage a snake.
Good luck,
Melissa
Thanks Malissa for the reply . Do you think I should apply Neosporin to all the white spots that are over him to before the turn to open sores ? Also I have give shots of Baytril to my boa when he was sick. Wonder if I should just call one of my vet friends and see if they can prescribe me the baytril and save the cost of the vet visit already costing over 700 for the heart worm treatment and all that goes along with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!