Help With a Rescue - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
99SS#20
Help With a Rescue

I have a rescue Burm that I just received. She is over 4 years and about 7ft. She has never been fed more than once a month, even as a juvenile. She now has gone from super sweet, to very cage aggressive, always on the prowl for food. Does anyone have any tips for "taming" her? She is too nice to not work with.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Utta
Drop the temps some. Not drastically, but 5-7 degrees on cool side. She's extreamly small for 4 years so feed her like you would a baby/juivy. Beyond that just pick her buns up. What bedding do you have her on? What's she eating and how often? Size of cage/tub?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
99SS#20
I put her in my quarantine tank, a 55gal. With her length it is appropriate. I have had her on a juvi feed schedule of a large rat per week. I have been handling her daily. I use heavy rubber gloves as their scent deters scent bites

Old 03-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Utta
Make it a jumbo. A pic of her with someing in the pic for size comparison would be great. Just handle her daily, sometimes getting bit is good for them, because it shows em you don't mean harm and that it won't deter you. I can't help beyond this

Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Helenthereef
I've just got a boa who is a bit snappy when hungry - so I've fed her a lot, and only handle her a few days after feeding, when she's in a more docile state of mind. So far (after 2 months) she seems to be calming down - I hope it's removing the association of handling with "food!".

Also, as the particular species I have is nocturnal, I handle the snippy ones during the day when they are a bit dopey - maybe you can handle her slightly outside her most active period, whenever that is?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!