Quality First Pets- DON'T RESPOND TO THEIR QUESTIONS ON KS! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
DragonCharm
Quality First Pets- DON'T RESPOND TO THEIR QUESTIONS ON KS!

I recently recieved a response to an ad that I had posted on Kingsnake, it was rather normal in appearance so I answered back and went on with life. 3 days later the person is spamming me with pricelists trying to sell me animals. That bastard only asked me a question to scam my email address! Here is the email:
Quote:
do you take paypal? ---------------------------------------------- Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's location window) the URL below to view the ad that this message is in response to. http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=280931&cat=51 ---------------------------------------------- This message was sent by the user: QualityFirstPets Sent 09:54 PM, Jan 05th, 2005 from I.P. Address 65.8.243.102
Emails were sent from the following address: qfpets@bellsouth.net

The spammed message contained the following signature:
Quote:
Quality First Pets Michael Powell (Owner) 6362 S.W. Citrus Boulevard Palm City, Florida 34990 U.S.A. Office 772 781-0363 or 772 781-0297 Fax 772 220-9752 Web Site: http://groups.msn.com/QualityFirstPets

Old 01-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
SPJ
This is the same SOB who replied to my ad!

I had in the ad that payment was paypal only and got an email from this guy asking what the paypal address was so he could send payment. He never paid.

He is collecting email addresses to try and market his animals.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
Suncoast Herpetological
I have been getting spammed with their pricelists for months. What a great way to make sure I Never buy from you.....SPAM!

Old 01-09-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
Sasheena
I did business with Quality First Pets before the person I dealt with went off on his own (Dale Woodruff was his name I believe) he is no longer associated with them now. I have never gotten any spam from them, though perhaps my spam filters have been tossing emails regularly!

Has anyone emailed them to let them know this thread is here?

Old 01-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
turtlepimp
does it to many

Richard,
Mike Powell is down by me,and after numerous requests to take me off his mailing list,I had to block him through my privacy controls.I am not saying not to buy from him,but the idea that he is wholesale but sends his lists to just about anyone,I will take a pass.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:43 AM   #6
Dwight Good
I too received the "do you take paypal" email. Since my reply to them I have received their spam email price list. Pathetic, IMHO.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
starwarsdad
Report him to Bellsouth. They will shut him down. Bellsouth is pretty aggressive on both sides of the SPAM fence.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
llechler
Since Dale left, I have had problems with Quality First Pets. I also have been receiving their spam, and in hotmail my junk filter will still not delete them! I've tried unsubscribing and even emailed Mike to tell him to stop sending emails but they come regularly, I think I just deleted one from my junk folder today! I will never buy anything from him!

Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #9
DragonCharm
His response to me and my response to him:
Quote:
Seems to me that you are full of ****, a number of other people have had the same problems with you. Seems to me that you really are the pathetic peice of **** I originally thought you were. Don't worry buddy, all of your emails as well as a link to the discussion about it have been sent to the KS site coordinator, don't expect your account to be active very much longer. I have also posted the details of this on a prominent forum, should slow down your business some. Happy holidays!
(Obscenties removed for obvious reasons)

Old 01-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
DragonCharm
His response to my email:
[QUOTEWas all this just about an e-mail?? Are you ok??

Quality First Pets
Michael Powell (Owner)
6362 S.W. Citrus Boulevard
Palm City, Florida 34990 U.S.A.
Office 772 781-0363 or 772 781-0297
Fax 772 220-9752
Web Site: http://groups.msn.com/QualityFirstPets
[/quote]

My response:
Quote:
Am I ok? I don't ****ing like scammers and I don't like people scamming me for my email address just so they can spam me. About 20 people have concurred the same story of asking if they take paypal then getting spammed. Many people have told me they have asked you to stop sending your list and they still get it. If I get one more list from you your emails will be passed on to your ISP, from what I hear they are quite tough on this type of behavior.
I really hate when people are caught outright lying and continue to lie. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

Response from KS:
Quote:
Dear Richard,

Our privacy rules prohibit us discussing actions taken on other individual's
accounts. However, I can assure you that your emails have been evaluated
and appropriate action has been taken.

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Sincerely,

PHGinger
Ginger Sanders
www.pethobbyist.com
phginger@pethobbyist.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!