REPTILES PLUS IN FLA THEIVES!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #11
MikeCurtin
I would send him a link to this thread and allow him to give his side. It's not your job to chase his wholesaler and he is responsible for the refund.

This is all assumming nothing is left out and you've given the full story. It would be best to hear from the seller.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #12
dondeb562
Sorry I thought since all the emails I put on here had my full name that would be enough.
I dont know what else to do. I contacted my bank but the problem is only part of the amount I paid him came out of my account since I had the rest on paypal credit.
He went on and on to me over the phone how he is all about customer service and this is not about the money to him and he thanked me several times for being so patient since I was totally cool with him over the phone. I feel I was even pretty cool with him in our emails. If this happened to anyone else I am sure he would have gotten an ear full.
I have never felt so violated before. I do 90% of my business over the net and now I feel like I can't trust anyone.

Debbie Harris

Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #13
cahrens
Have you sent the animal back yet? I think this thread is a bit premature. They said you'd have your money back on Friday and early Sunday morning you're calling them thieves? Maybe they couldn't get things lined up on Friday and as we all know, banks aren't open on Sunday. Give them a chance to make it right. Calling them thieves on the BOI isn't going to make things go any smoother. I can see that patience isn't one of your strong points but just try to relax a little and give them a chance. They're not avoiding you and you only notified them a week ago about the mixup. Good luck with your refund.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #14
Griz
Are you serious Chris? If they provided a false tracking number in order to get Paypal to side with them then honesty is not one of THEIR strong suits. This has nothing to do with patience, this has everything to do with honesty. Had they simply not responded yesterday then yes, I would say the post is premature. But, when they fraudulently give info to Paypal then patience is no longer required.

Griz

Old 06-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #15
The BoidSmith
Debbie,

It would be important to give them a little more time just as Chris suggested. Anyways, do you know Victor's last name?

Best!

Dan G.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #16
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Are you serious Chris? If they provided a false tracking number in order to get Paypal to side with them then honesty is not one of THEIR strong suits. This has nothing to do with patience, this has everything to do with honesty. Had they simply not responded yesterday then yes, I would say the post is premature. But, when they fraudulently give info to Paypal then patience is no longer required.

Griz
The way I'm reading this is that she filed a claim on the first payment. I'm sure she'd file the claim on the larger amount. He gave PayPal the tracking number for the shipment that was made with the first payment. Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong Debbie. Not a fraudulent action, just a misidentified species(so far). A full refund is definitely in order once the animal is returned. The seller also needs to foot the bill to get his animal back since it's his responsibility to correctly identify what he's selling. Or... keep the animal and he only refunds the first payment(if the 2nd payment was in fact made).

Old 06-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #17
MikeCurtin
Yeah, the way I understood it, paypal asked for a tracking #, which Victor gave them. It's just that a misidentified animal (and one of less value) was shipped. I'd be surprised if paypal even asked abou the particulars.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #18
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Debbie,

It would be important to give them a little more time just as Chris suggested. Anyways, do you know Victor's last name?

Best!

Dan G.

Victor Rivera as per this page.

I have ordered 2.2 Megophrys montana (frogs) from Victor and they will be coming Thursday of next week. I will update this thread as the transaction progresses.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #19
spawn
By the way, Victor has been notified of this thread and has read it as of 2:00 PM Sunday afternoon.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #20
reptilesplus
chameleon

We've been in business since march 2008, and till this date we've never tried to rob anyone of their purchases. we have in our website stated in terms and conditions our policies. now i have already told miss harris that if she wanted a full refund she would have to return the so called flapjack chameleon i sent her. even till this day she still refuses to send it back to us. its looks like to us we did send her a jacksons and she is trying so say we sent her the wrong species so she can get it at a lower price! since she wants to take advantage of the fact that we told her we were not familar with the sub-species she order but the wholesaler is very familar since they have been in businees for over 30 years so why would they send me the wrong species of chameleon. if miss harris wants a full refund she has to send back the chameleon alive on arrival that we sent her for a full refund no exceptions!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!