REPTILES PLUS IN FLA THEIVES!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #71
Wolfy-hound
The "inc" changes it enough. You wouldn't want to know how many similar names exist.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #72
SPJ
And......why use the same name as a "bad" business in the same state targeting the same customer base? I would think that any new startup company would make sure they were not associated in any way with an undesireable business.

Very weird......

Old 01-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #73
Reptiles Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
How does it happen that there are two businesses with the same name in the same state? When I set up, the name had to be searched to ensure it wasn't already being used. I would think, based upon what I have seen/read, that the rightful "owner" of the name could force the other person to stop using it...and would probably want to.

It is an issue we are trying to stop. We incorporated the name, so the name is ours to my belief but I am not sure. I am having my lawyer look into it. The only thing that I think may throw it off, is that he is "Reptiles Plus", and we are "Reptiles Plus, Inc."

Thanks

Matt

Old 01-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #74
Reptiles Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
And......why use the same name as a "bad" business in the same state targeting the same customer base? I would think that any new startup company would make sure they were not associated in any way with an undesireable business.

Very weird......
Trust me it wasn't intentional. I didn't realize the rep the name had but I have it now and am doing my best to make it work for me

Thanks

Matt

Old 01-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #75
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiles Plus View Post
It is an issue we are trying to stop. We incorporated the name, so the name is ours to my belief but I am not sure. I am having my lawyer look into it. The only thing that I think may throw it off, is that he is "Reptiles Plus", and we are "Reptiles Plus, Inc."

Thanks

Matt

You have the corporation registered, but he does have the fictitious name:

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficide...m=G08057900279

Your lawyer will have fun sorting that out.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #76
SofaKing
Actually it is totally legal to have the same business name as long as it's added with a Inc, LLC,LLP etc... I'm a Contractor and there are a few company's with the same name but I'm corporate'd with a LLC and that makes the difference. As long as you keep the Inc with your name, I don't think you'll have a problem with people confusing you both. JMT

Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #77
reptilesplus
Talking the Real Reptiles plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
Actually it is totally legal to have the same business name as long as it's added with a Inc, LLC,LLP etc... I'm a Contractor and there are a few company's with the same name but I'm corporate'd with a LLC and that makes the difference. As long as you keep the Inc with your name, I don't think you'll have a problem with people confusing you both. JMT
Hi there fauna i am the guy you people love to hate but i am the original Reptiles Plus in case you do know me i am an animal jobber. you may not like my policies, but i am in the Reptile business. i deal directly with the importers in florida and my intention is not to steal from any customer who does business with me. my job is to get you the customer the reptiles you love to enjoy at the lowest possiable prices. now my prices are fair i dont over charge my customers like most of the business do on kingsnake.com and other places! i try to hand pick the best possiable animals for my customers since they can not be there to do that. just look at my prices and their prices you you know what going on! yes i am in the business of making money but i am not in the business of over charging and robbing the customer. Thank you.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #78
kat77
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilesplus View Post
Hi there fauna i am the guy you people love to hate but i am the original Reptiles Plus in case you do know me i am an animal jobber. you may not like my policies, but i am in the Reptile business. i deal directly with the importers in florida and my intention is not to steal from any customer who does business with me. my job is to get you the customer the reptiles you love to enjoy at the lowest possiable prices. now my prices are fair i dont over charge my customers like most of the business do on kingsnake.com and other places! i try to hand pick the best possiable animals for my customers since they can not be there to do that. just look at my prices and their prices you you know what going on! yes i am in the business of making money but i am not in the business of over charging and robbing the customer. Thank you.
I'm sure Debbie is enjoying your low low prices.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #79
reptilesplus
Wink

look what happen months ago is unfortanate if i could have handled it agian it would have been done differently. but i am not perfert!
I make mistakes and I learn from them and move on. lets get over it now! people have the right to do business with who they wish too! you can make everybody happy in this business and i will not try too. just remember its only business never personal! I still have the best reptile prices around and i am here to stay!

Old 01-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #80
reptilesplus
Talking

also what soo funny about this whole thing is the other so called
Reptiles Plus claims to not know of my existance before. which i question also claims to be the good guy but his prices as soooo high. yet he trys to steal whatever custome base i have for his benefit! come on he can spend all of this money ON buying the name Reptiles Plus knowing this its already registered to me. what kind of business person does this? i guess if anything i would question doing business with a person who does this. COMMON SENSE!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!