30 day python embryo (warning: graphic) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
phoenix-cry
30 day python embryo (warning: graphic)

So my egg that candled oddly with the blood ring on the inside was yellow and collapsed today. I felt it best to remove it before it truly rotted because it clearly was starting to do so.

Out of scientific curiosity I wanted to see how the embryo looked and how far along it was.

Now I can not say that this is what a healthy embryo would look like at this point. Clearly it died for some reason (if I had to guess I would say massive bleeding in the brain case as shown by the unorganized blood in the head). the face is very beak like, which may be a mutation. The organs are only loosely inside the body, which is probably normal.

Anyway, I thought it might interest you to know what it sort of looks like in your eggs half way through their incubation.

Graphic pics to follow.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
rcpreis3
This is actually pretty cool. Sorry to hear you lost one, but im glad you took these pics just show us. If its gonna die might as well have some purpose right? Good luck on the rest of them.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
FireStorm
Sorry it didn't make it, but thanks for posting the pics. It is cool to see what the embryo looks like.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
oskyle1567
Looks like a salamander. Too bad it didnt make it.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Really very interesting, thanks for posting

Old 08-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
phoenix-cry
I was sad to lose the little one, but I don't think there was anything that could have been done.

I was very curious to see what he looked like at this stage of development.

The 'beak' looks very odd, I wonder if that is normal.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
jack2682
I always wonder what's really going on in there for 60 or so days...... Glad you posted this, but sorry you had to.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
Randy F
good pictures. Sorry you lost a little one. I tried this once before but my experiance did not fair as well as yours.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
Shadera
I'm sorry you lost the egg, but very appreciative that you shared your findings. It's always nice to learn something from a sad situation.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
phoenix-cry
It was sad to lose this little one. However I'm very curious at heart and a scientist by nature so I wanted to learn something.

I'm glad you all get to learn something too!

I am currently preparing it for a wet specimen so that I can keep it for further comparison and study.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!