Zoo Med Leopard Gecko Food?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
ReptileZone1
Zoo Med Leopard Gecko Food??

Anybody ever have any luck with this junk? I got it as a gift on Christmas from someone and it is useless... All it is is "Small Labratory Raised Flies".. I never heard of geckos eating Flies.. These aren't fruit flies...Anybody ever have any luck with this? Anybody even try this? I think it's basically useless.... -RZ

Old 05-30-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
nydrgnldy
I totally agree....completely useless.my geckos won't anything that isn't moving.I had bought that stuff once myself....about 2 years ago...I ended up feeding it to my frogs.
Robin

Old 05-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
MorphTiles
so as he said no no gecko use, guess you need to go buy some frogs now!

lol

Old 05-30-2005, 11:26 PM   #4
Gekkonida
Good for fishing bad for geckos!

Old 05-31-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
ReptileZone1
Yea this stuff is pointless... I don't see how they think leopard geckos are going to eat COMMON HOUSEFLIES. I would atleast give fruit flies a shot at it instead of regular flies... It's actually really nasty and it reeks.... I guess they get alot of buyers, the people that really don't know much... Do you guys think that if you fed it to a baby gecko it could get into the habit of eating it? I know adults won't eat it, but maybe a baby gecko will if it hasn't been feed anything else... Make any sense? -RZ

Old 05-31-2005, 05:18 PM   #6
Melle
I actually got one of my geckos to try these little things. She would eat whatever I offered her with tweezers, live or not, so I tried the flies. She took a few in her mouth, chomped em a little, and immediately shook her head and spit em all out. So apprently, they dont even taste good

BUT, mine did like the "Repti-Cricket" stuff, its by the same brand, comes in basically the same bottle but different label, and its just freeze dried crickets that seemed to be coated in this reddist stuff. They loved em. The thing with that is, they can be used as a treat only, since dead bugs dont offer much nutrition for the gecko, and who knows if they were even gutloaded before dying.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
ReptileZone1
I am just going to stick with the live feeders.. I'd guess that the crickets would work better than the flies.. -RZ

Old 05-31-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
ChuUtena
I can tell you from a retail standpoint, this stuff doesn't really sell. I've worked at my store for over 4 years, and never ONCE have I seen someone buy it. But that isn't to say other stores don't sell it (yeah right) but Zoo Med must sell enough to keep it as a product. OR they have so much that they are just trying to get rid of it, probably not though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!