Suriname Breeding Attempt - Looking good so far - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
weird_science04
Suriname Breeding Attempt - Looking good so far

Well, this is my first year trying to breed. I can answer almost any question when it comes to boa care and many genetics questions but when it comes to breeding, I am completely lost. Not to mention, my first breeding attempt has to include BCC's.

My female has become ultra aggressive. She never was aggressive before. She strikes the cage pretty often (however, it has been about a week since her last cage strike... knock on wood). If I open the door, she will strike at my face. Now, this was a female that I could open the door and she would come right out to me and climb up my arm. She was awesome like that. Now, she strikes at the mere presence of me.

Well, here are some progression pictures:

First, I have to get on a stool to take these pictures so I can't ever seem to get the downward angle very well. Sometimes I will be on tippy-toes and the pictures still just don't show how large she is.

March 29: (She looks larger to me in that picture)

April 1: (She is definitely swelling some in this picture as she is ultra square looking usually)

April 10: (I am pretty sure they were copulating and now she is swollen in 2 spots)

April 14: (Definitely swollen but hard to see in the picture. She has scale separation but the picture just doesn't show it well)

April 15: (Now she is really swollen this morning - to me she is anyways) I was trying really hard to stand as tall as I could on that step ladder to take these pictures

So, maybe, just maybe, I will have some beautiful Suriname babies this year.

Pictures of the male and female before the breeding started:

Male:

Female:

I hope you enjoy!

Star

Old 04-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Snakesitter
Nice pair, Star. Good luck!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
weird_science04
Thanks Cliff!! I am hoping!

Star

Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
weird_science04
Here's some update on this pairing.

April 15 picture:

April 16 top:

April 16 side:

April 26:

1 hour later after the previous pictures on April 26:

May 4 - Eye's went blue for shed.

Very excited!!! I have never bred boa's before and have my fingers crossed for a healthy litter.

Star

Old 05-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
now *that* is promising! Awesome stuff and I like how you documented the progression. Hope you get a nice healthy big litter from her!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
Firebill
Hi Star, that's a beautiful pair you have there!! Best of luck with the clutch!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!