Deadbeat parents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
AvandisFifth187
Angry Deadbeat parents

Ok so im gettin really irritated with deadbeat parents. One example, i was talking with my friend the other day and he was telling me about how his crack head father always tells him to his face that he dosent give a S*it about him and i hes never gonna amount to anything in his life and all that crap. What he doesnt see through the haze of the drugs, is that his son attends school every day, gets good grades and actually has goals in his life. He is going to have a good life when he gets older. I just don't understand why his father thinks that way of his own son. I mean he actually made an effort to be a father with ted's two sisters (my friend) whom are both grown one with a family of her own, but hwen it comes down to Ted and his little brother, he is making no effort at all to be a father. Another example is my own mother, left when i was a kid never came around to see me, and when she did it was only becasue she wanted/needed something from my father. Crack head, cant live without a man to support her. Never had worked a day in her life, and why?? for no reason, because she wants to be lazy. And now almost 18 years later she wants to come into my life and act like a mother? I dont think so... I just dont understand why parents choose to be this way, i mean sure if they have no other choice then yes, do what you have to do to survive, but like in the 2 cases i stated above, they have/had choices and they made the wrong ones. So im kinda on a rant but your opinions and advice would really help!!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:15 AM   #2
DAND
You need to take and pass a test to drive a car and I personally believe that there should be some sort of test that should be passed prior to being allowed to procreate. Just because someone can father or mother a child doesn't mean they should. I've seen fathers who have contributed nothing more than a DNA sample to their child and mothers who have had 5 kids only to not want them anymore so that they can go and party. It's no wonder the kids are getting more and more screwed up. Screwed up kids make screwed up adults which in turn make even more screwed up kids. The future is looking bleaker with every passing generation.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
GottaLuvHerps
Cody,
I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. It is very similar to something happening in my family to my step-daughters (who are more my DAUGHTERS than anything, I do not draw the lines) and my daughter (of whom my husband has taken on as HIS daughter without question).

There is never an explanation beyond "what an a$$hole thing to do"...that's all I can tell my daughters when they come crying about why their "mother" has abandoned them (my husband has had full custody of both of them since they separated), or when my other daughter comes to me asking why her "father" has never met her or seen her and why he doesn't care (she's almost 9 now, and he saw her through the window of the DNA test place when she was 3, but that's it).

I agree, Dave, there should be some sort of test. But one thing is for sure...any man can be a father, any woman can be a mother, but it takes real people to be a MOM and a DAD....

Cody, if you ever need to talk to someone that might have a little clue about what you are dealing with, feel free to get in touch.

Kelly

Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
AvandisFifth187
Let me just say now that I did not start this thread. Alll that stuff about my mom isn't true. I will be submitting to the admins to delete this thread.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
AlwynSylver
Sorry about this, had a mix up on my computer from the last time you were on here at my house cody!! sorry everyone!!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Uroboros
I had a pretty crappy childhood. The way I try to see it is that I wouldn't be the same person I am today if it were different. Better? Worse? Dunno, I don't bother with the grass on the other side, I tend my own grass.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
parents