Bad Guy Justin Clark - Dozens of illegal pythons seized from (Mission) BC Home - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #41
K9dr
Under the legislation I am able to transfer animals out of the province once they have been released to my rescue facility. I can then transfer them out of province immediately or I can wait 3-6 months to get a permit approved to someone In province.

The issue is and always has been how long it takes for animals to be released into my facility. The shortest has been 1 month but I am still waiting on a decision from the ministry on a gopher snake seized in January. If an owner decides to fight the seizure I am required to hold the animal until all the legal issues have been resolved. I have told that could take between 18-24 months if someone fought the legislation.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #42
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9dr View Post
Under the legislation I am able to transfer animals out of the province once they have been released to my rescue facility. I can then transfer them out of province immediately or I can wait 3-6 months to get a permit approved to someone In province.

The issue is and always has been how long it takes for animals to be released into my facility. The shortest has been 1 month but I am still waiting on a decision from the ministry on a gopher snake seized in January. If an owner decides to fight the seizure I am required to hold the animal until all the legal issues have been resolved. I have told that could take between 18-24 months if someone fought the legislation.
So it would have been impossible, if not straight up illegal for Jay to have shipped them out that night?

Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #43
K9dr
Correct

Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #44
K9dr
The closest analogy would be "officer please don't take my pot plants. I can ship them to my partner is Seattle where it is legal and it could be there tomorrow!"

Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #45
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Correct
Thank you. You mentioned earlier something about those of us that were attacking him but that is a very real case in point. Jay has an amazing habit of twisting the truth and making himself look like a victim.

He has several threads on here where he has been caught lying. As is so blatantly obvious here he is trying to do it again.

So Jay do you expect them to bend the rules for you because you were breaking the law? You just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #46
K9dr
I am aware of the comments he is making. Here is what I can say. The reports by Officer Doyle to the press are factual and correct. I will also support Mr. Clarks statement that I said to him that his animals were well taken care off. As for all other comments that have been made by Mr. Clark and others...... No comment.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #47
Creative Exotics
Quote:

Do you not read what Dr. Walton has said. He could have Shipped them once in his possession! These animals would have and could have been in his possession That night if not the following day. There were many secured encloses that were at my house that I could have personally transporter to where Dr. Walton keeps the CAS animals.

So not it is not impossible. I have spoken to a few Conservation Officers about this. This was because of the NB incident and the conservation officers using there power to murder the animals. Making statements like Officer Doyle did is a bold face lie! How is an animal that is locked in a secure enclosure a "Public Safety Risk" this is a load of crap and you know it is Dr. Walton.

You were my vet, you cared for my animals. You also told me you would see any non registered CAS Animals as long as they were healthy man. I know of animals you seen Dr. Adrian Walton. So no it was not impossible and if you were there to ship the animals out it could have been done. So to say it is impossible and illegal is honestly a cop out, because you told me that you could have indeed shipped CAS animals out in a situation similar. I also spoke to more than one vet who has looked into this for me and agree's that things could have and should have been done differently.

As for the analogy about the pot plants is a complete load of crap and just trying to cover up that things could have been done differently, Marijuana plants are not animals with lungs and a heart and a brain, so this can not be used as an example Dr. Walton.... As for the animals that were killed and were 100% LEGAL in BC there still has not been any comment on that? Why is that Dr. Walton?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
So it would have been impossible, if not straight up illegal for Jay to have shipped them out that night?
No simple answer, Dr. Walton says he would have had to keep them for a set time, I know that the animals could have been saved I would have put the money into the animals, as you said my animals are well taken care of and I pay for animals when they do need veterinary assistance and I would have paid for anything the animals needed and paid for the shipping and caring for the animals.

Yes your not inclined to take these animals in, But that would have saved animals from death,these animals were very rare and 100% healthy. So in the end it was your choice to put the animals down. Why did the conservation officers tell me on the phone that they were only going to put down the 2 larger animals. But then put down all the animals. Things don't add up here. They told me the 2 larger animals could not be moved, because of there size they also told me the other animals were not getting euthanized and they were euthanized anyway, along with animals that were 100% Legal to be in the province. And the larger 2 females "that could not be moved" they were 2 of the 6 that had permits and were registered in BC.

I didn't willingly break the law Dr. Walton and I would not replace the animals, I lost over 100k worth of animals not to mention all the years to acquire and care for them. I know people that also have CAS animals that are registered and are rehoming them out of the Province as they fear they will be killed even with permits, I have also been speaking to many people who have sold animals out of province that were registered. You say it is illegal to move these animals, but I remember a article that you sexed Beaded Lizards and Gila Monsters. The Article states "Females are more desirable then males if someone wants sell breeding pairs. Did these animals have a permit to be moved to your facility Dr. Walton. Also I see containers that were not locked nor did I see any venomous labels or dangerous animal labelling on the containers. These animals are poisonous! And where not in locked cages while there. This really really bothers me!

Here's the link
http://www.mrtimes.com/health/Techni...960/story.html

Old 09-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #48
Creative Exotics
Quote:
The closest analogy would be "officer please don't take my pot plants. I can ship them to my partner is Seattle where it is legal and it could be there tomorrow!"
This is not a good example nor a good analogy to use in this situation. To say animals are like a Pot Plant shows that your don't really care as much as you state you do about reptiles Dr. Walton. Does a plant have lungs? Does a Plant have a heart or a brain..... NO

I still cannot believe you used this as a comparison. I am blown away by this comment....

Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #49
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics View Post
This is not a good example nor a good analogy to use in this situation. To say animals are like a Pot Plant shows that your don't really care as much as you state you do about reptiles Dr. Walton. Does a plant have lungs? Does a Plant have a heart or a brain..... NO

I still cannot believe you used this as a comparison. I am blown away by this comment....
Actually I though it was a perfect comparison. If you choose to have illegal animals you also chose to risk the consequences, no?

Old 09-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #50
K9dr
Jay you are confusing an animal that has been released into my rescue facility, ie an animal that has been given to me to rehome, with an animal that I am holding for the BC Government, an animal that I have no authority to ship or move. Until the BC government gives me the authority to rehome an animal I am required to hold it. That can take anywhere from 1 month to two years.

The beaded lizards all had their CAS permits

The legislation allows for CAS animals to be transported to their veterinarian of record. (aka me)

You are allowed to sell your CAS animals to people out of province, therefore a female would be more valuable.

You may want to research the envenomation mechanism on helodermata, they are a species which I wrote a very long paper on for the BC government arguing they should not be a CAS species (they did not agree with me).

So yes, the ultrasound of the beaded lizards was done legally as per the legislation.

Seriously Jay, I am the only person on here who in anyway has said anything remotely nice about you. Attack all you want but you are not going to have me comment on the events of last month. Anyway, good luck with your legal procedures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!