Bad Guy Blane Ranger - buyers beware - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
Sarah627
Thumbs down Blane Ranger - buyers beware

I gave Blane Ranger $260.00 as a deposit on chameleons and he has kept both the animals and the money.

On June 18th I saw a post on a reptile forum on Facebook regarding chameleons for sale. I contacted Blane Ranger, the poster, and requested a price list. He sent it to me and I asked him three questions at that time. 1.Are the animals adults or babies 2.When are the animals going to be available 3.Where he is located and how I would go about getting the animals from him.
He responded and said that the animals would be available at the beginning of July, I can get either adults or juveniles and that he was able to ship the animals to me.
I asked him for a quote on the shipping prior to making any decisions on animals. He asked where I was located, as the time I was in Hamilton so I told him that and he said that he would be happy to meet me half way so that I did not have to ship them. We agreed on meeting at Downsview where the expos are held as it is a half way point for us.
With the details/terms of the agreement in place I chose to put a deposit down on 4 chameleons and sent him $260.00 via email money transfer.
On July 14th I had some unforeseen expenses and was getting ready to move and had still not heard from him since our first conversation. I sent him a message stating that I was unable to take all 4 chameleons (instead I wished to take only 2) and apologized for the inconvenience and said he was welcome to keep the deposit made on the other two of them for his troubles.
He agreed to this and I asked if the animals were ready yet as they should have been based on the original agreement. He told me that there was some delay and that they would be here within a couple of weeks.
I moved on August 1st to another city an hour further from Hamilton.
August 3rd he messaged me and said the animals would now not be available until the 16th. I informed him that I had moved and said it would be even further for me to travel to meet him so asked if I could pick them up at the next expo as I would be going out there at that time anyways and it would save me an extra trip.
This is when he told me that he was no longer willing to meet me at Downsview and that he wanted me to send him an extra $80.00 for shipping costs.
I told him that if I had known this originally that I would not have placed the order.
He messaged me on August 17th and asked me for the balance owing on the animals plus the new shipping fee. I asked him for pictures of the animals. He said he would send them that evening or the following morning.
I waited for pictures and none came.
On August 20th I deactivated my Facebook account. At that time I emailed him immediately to keep on contact. I told him that I was not pleased that he had chosen to go back on our original agreement and that I was not willing to pay for shipping of the animals. I asked him for a response and again for pictures of the animals.
August 21st I had not received a response so I reactivated my Facebook account to bring his attention to my email.
I received an email response from him stating that he did not like my tone and that he would not be giving me the animals but would instead be returning my deposit by the end of the week.
I have continued trying to get my money back from him for almost a full month now.
On September 15th he promised to send an emt for $120.00 the following day.
It is now September 17th and I still do not have my money.
He claims that he went back on his agreement because I am not nice enough. As I pointed out to him, I did not message him to become his best friend, I messaged him to do a business transaction. I have not had troubles in the past with other people in the industry, and have always had positive transactions and I doubt you will find anyone else who feels that I am anything but pleasant in my interactions. My tone with him changed when the agreement changed. I feel that this is not unreasonable. All I request from a business transaction is honesty. If you do not have the animals and the paperwork is not complete then you cannot promise a time frame. I know that most importers deal with approximate time frames when the transaction with the country of origin is not already complete. Unfortunately, in my opinion, he misrepresented the situation and gave a time frame which insinuated that everything was complete. Additionally he agreed to a delivery arrangement and then based on his personal opinion of me he decided to go back on that arrangement and demand even more money from me.
It was my intention to take him to small claims court but unfortunately for such a small sum it is not worth my time. I do however want others to be aware of the transaction so that they might save themselves the hassle and deal with a professional.
Thank you,
~Sarah Gafanha
Additionally, I do have all of the conversations and emails between myself and Blane if review is necessary.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
Lucille
I would like to see the emails please. It seems you were the first one to change the agreement by deciding to buy only two instead of the original four in the transaction. Going from that point and including the emails where he told you you were not nice enough, please post what you have.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
Sarah627
Yes, I changed the number of animals I was taking and offered to leave him with the deposit for them. That does not make it okay for him to say that he no longer is willing to meet with me so that I could pick up the animals and then ask me to pay an extra $80.00 for shipping. That is just not how business transactions work. Would that be something that you would accept had you placed an order with the Brick or Sears or wherever?
It will take some time to get all of the conversations posted. There are 22 pages of text. This is why I did not post it in the first place and instead summarized the details. If you want specifics it would be easier to screenshot.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
tlmoon
I don't think anyone is arguing with you, Sarah, just making an observation. Perhaps it was no longer worth it to him to drive and meet you halfway for a smaller purchase? I'm not defending the seller, just speculating. I don't like that he has the animals and your deposit when he basically called off the sale in the end. But there are always two sides to every story and I try to reserve judgement until there is more information available.

You will find that here in the BOI it is pretty much expected that one will post all the communications, so if you could do that, it would help make your case.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
Corey Woods
Since this transaction involved people from Ontario, Canada it would probably be better served in the Canadian BOI.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #6
Blane88
Ahhh The lies from this person are incredible! I do not make my business public as I believe it is very, very unprofessional. But anyone who has done business with me, knows that I am without a doubt more than fair. Sarah thought best to - instead of being proactive - accuse me of being dishonest about the time frame in which the import was to arrive. Unfortunately I do not have control over the amount of permit filings the CITES office in Madagascar has and how fast they work. I was told a date by my exporter and it took longer - these things happen. Sarah, your money is in your bank. As I said before I have been dealing with many personal issues that have sprung up and you needed to be patient. You are not a very patient, honest, or a nice person. FYI to anyone who she contacts to purchase anything from - do not do business with her. Trust me, its a headache.

- Blane

Old 09-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #7
Sarah627
Upon reading my post Blaine has sent me an email transfer of $200.00 which is appreciated. He has however been sending me messages for the past 20 minutes saying that he wants me to remove this post for defamation of character and telling me that I will be hearing from his lawyer. In regards to the personal issues that he mentioned, he sent me one message on Saturday September 17th at 5:56pm telling me that he did not transfer the funds that he promised two days prior because there was a death in the family. Prior to that I have no other mention via text or email referencing any personal issues.
Thanks

Old 09-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
The posts here cannot be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah627 View Post
Upon reading my post Blaine has sent me an email transfer of $200.00 which is appreciated. He has however been sending me messages for the past 20 minutes saying that he wants me to remove this post for defamation of character and telling me that I will be hearing from his lawyer. In regards to the personal issues that he mentioned, he sent me one message on Saturday September 17th at 5:56pm telling me that he did not transfer the funds that he promised two days prior because there was a death in the family. Prior to that I have no other mention via text or email referencing any personal issues.
Thanks
He probably doesn't want you posting the emails. If it were me I'd post them just because he stated you were lying.
You cannot remove posts from this forum.

The threat of a defamation lawsuit is BS most of the time. They are very expensive. And usually when someone has an attorney one gets a letter from the attorney. The party doesn't swing from a tree like a monkey hollering that his attorney will contact you and that you are going to get sued, people who do that are just into drama and just trying to hush you.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane88 View Post
I do not make my business public as I believe it is very, very unprofessional.

Translation: I am going to call the other party here a liar, but I'm not going to put up any proof because it might show that the other party is actually telling the truth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!