Not covering the shipping cost on a DOA shipment? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #11
BenR
It did not sit for hours. How would the seller even know that? He also tried to blame me for killing it as I was gently flipping it around in a video to show it was dead.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #12
Lucille
I think you should initiate a BOI thread, with names and evidence. His point of view of the issue is different than yours.

Old 10-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #13
acecurl16
Was it a LAG if signed for on first attempt to deliver .. and if not LAG is voided ... he did refund cost of spider correct? When was animal delivered and when did you unpack and discover dead?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #14
BenR
I don't believe I have any solid proof to argue against him at this point, and I don't really want to waste anymore time over shipping charges. Unfortunately, there was a 2 hr delay from the time I sent him the video and the package being delivered which is why he is probably saying it sat out for hours. I had to wait for my wife to bring it from our house to my facility which is why there was a delay in me contacting him. She was home to receive it though. I didn't take the video until 11:52am according to the time stamp, and it was delivered around 9:40.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #15
CricketChitin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
This was well over a year ago, but I'm pretty sure it was sent FedEx priority overnight. The shipping cost as I recall was more than the cost of the tarantula.
That’s a tough call. I probably would have rolled the dice and stood by the guarantee. Next day delivery is usually reliable enough that I won’t think twice about it. But i’ve gotten burned before on similar situations. Best you can do is mark the package with enough “live product” stickers that the carrier gets the idea that this package should not be stored in excessively cold or hot areas.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:01 AM   #16
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob232 View Post
good one ..
What does this mean?

Old 01-12-2020, 03:12 PM   #17
snowgyre
This thread is four years old and hasn't seen an update in two years.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #18
WebSlave
I believe it is a better than even chance that this is just a spammer trying to establish a toehold before launching the spam attack. It is pretty common for them to post in really old threads. I guess perhaps they believe such threads are not being monitored and they can skate in under the radar.

IP address points to Canada from a hosting company I have seen LOTS of spammers use.

Sometimes I give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes I don't.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #19
bcr229
Yep it was a spambot that just grabs content from other users and reposts it. Have seen similar activity on other forums.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:03 PM   #20
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula View Post
Crickets from the OP...

That's why you have the shipping company hold for pick up and or talk with seller to ship on a day where you will have time to go get it from the shipper. If that is the point, you don't have time then I would think you shouldn't order a live animal until you do.
That is not what I was saying Scott. My point about not having time was it was not worth my time to argue over $50 or whatever shipping was at the time.
So I didn't want to get involved in a long thread about this. I simply wanted opinions. This was probably 4 years ago and at this point I couldn't even tell you who the seller was.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!