East Ozark Reptiles - Larry Hastings - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #31
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiehunter85
For leucys to have EVER been produced by this breeding, both the albino male and the "normal" female would have had to be het leucy. And then it would have shown up in the first breeding.

In this statement i take it you're talking about the female that was purchased the same year as the male?

See, if the male was het for leucy, then that means that the babies have a 50/50 chance of being het for it too. The genetics could add up, but, i have to admit that i've never heard of leucistic bairdis.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #32
East Ozark Reptile
When the question about these Baird’s rats first came up, I called Bob Vico, the breeder, and he told me how this morph came about. It’s exactly as it is written on my website and copied and pasted in this thread.

I called him today, after I read the posts saying that he supposedly told people that these weren’t pure Bairdi. I asked him about the accusation that he bred a Baird’s to a leucy Texas rat and he said that’s a totally different clutch of animals and has nothing to do with the 8 animals I bought from him.

The animals that I got from him and have for sale on my website are pure Barid’s ratsnakes. If you do not believe this, please take it up with Bob Vico, St. Louis Reptile. I’m only repeating what Bob Vico told me personally.

As for the price change, I pay a person to do my website and she messed up the prices on the Baird’s. She also messed up the prices on Cali. Kings and Corns, FYI. Why no BOI thread on those mistakes?

I don’t know who you are, Michael Duckworth but you are not telling the whole truth.

Quote:
Several people contacted the company inquiring about these.
We were contacted by one person, Bob Sloan of Alterna Ranch in Texas.

Quote:
Yet at this point he will not reply to requests for additional info or to sell them.
I will never reply to Bob Sloan again.

Quote:
The company has not replied to any of my contacts regarding these snakes.
A Michael Duckworth has never contacted us.

Quote:
Hastings cried to KS and my inquiry was pulled.
Prove this, please, Michael. KS was NEVER contacted by us.

Quote:
I'm not interested in a fight here - just honest info.....
Your posts say otherwise.

Quote:
He has also been informed of this post on several ocassions.
I was informed ONCE by. . . Bob Sloan.

Quote:
Hastings has been both advised and asked to respond to this. His refusal is an obvious attempt to continue the scam. I would buy NOTHING from this guy in the future.
And I won’t sell anything to you or Bob Sloan.

Quote:
If he will lie about these bairdi and then refuse to answer - why would anyone ever trust or buy from him on something that is questionable to begin with because it is not visible ? I sure wouldn't.
Again, I will never sell to you. And where is my lie? Prove it. I have not lied about anything.

Quote:
Also, a bunch of these leucy bairdi were sold at the Tinley Park Show in Chicago in October '07.
Bob Vico cleared this up for me today. He did NOT have these in Tinley, as I previously thought he did, they hadn’t hatched yet. He did have them at the St. Louis show which is where I bought them.

Quote:
Nobody in thier right mind who was worth a in dealing herps would sell one of a kind snakes like that for cheap.
This is too funny. Again, we’re talking Baird’s ratsnakes here. $75 is a fair price
for this type of snake, a type of rat snake that doesn’t sell well. You can go on and on about how rare it is but, in the end, it still boils down to demand . . . . and demand for this type of snake is very low.

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:18:13 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
From: "Bob Sloan" <alternaranch@peoplepc.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: "East Ozark Reptile" <eastozarkreptile@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: 5.3 Leucistic Baird's Rat Snake Babies

Leucy Baird's ???? Who is the Breeder ??? Is he going to call me or Not ???/ Are they for sale ? How much ??? Just like to know the real story here !!! ????

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:57:48 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
From: "Bob Sloan" <alternaranch@peoplepc.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: "East Ozark Reptile" <eastozarkreptile@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: 5.3 Leucistic Baird's Rat Snake Babies

So Larry.......what is the story on these supposed leucy bairdi ? You pulled thead from KS and then cried to them when someone else posted your BS. Now you have them listed on your site for $75 ! Either you are running a scam or you are just plain stupid when it comes to the reptile business. If you do have pure leucy bairdi, you are the only person on earth that does - $75 ???
Just FYI - you made the hit parade on Fauna Classifieds BOI ! Your crying will not work there to get the posts pulled and the concensus is - you and your leucy bairdi are a fraud !

Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #33
East Ozark Reptile
Quote:
His insistance that he and the breeder have a 35 year relationships seems to indicate a scam.
Why would that indicate a scam? I have known Bob Vico for a little over 35 years. You're grasping at straws now, trying to pick a fight.

Larry Hastings-Owner-East Ozark Reptile

Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #34
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Ozark Reptile
Why would that indicate a scam? I have known Bob Vico for a little over 35 years. You're grasping at straws now, trying to pick a fight.

Larry Hastings-Owner-East Ozark Reptile
That's what Bob Sloan does best. He's a one trick pony.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #35
snake5007
I think someone got busted.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 AM   #36
keith2
East Ozark Reptiles

Quote:
It may still be a little premature to pin the bad guy badge on Mr. Hastings yet.Was Mr. Hastings even at that show?
Did Mr. Hastings himself purchase these from Mr. Vico?
Did Mr. Hastings even speak with Mr. Vico?
Quote:
Mr. Hastings has not bothered to clear this up or restore his good name. His insistance that he and the breeder have a 35 year relationships seems to indicate a scam. What else do we have to go on ?
I was at that same show. Yes Larry was there. And yes Mr. Vico was there.
And yes, Larry has known Vico for many years. I have know Larry and Vico myself for many years. So it appears that his "insistence that he and the breeder have a 35 year relationship," rather than being evidence of a scam, is absolutely true!

As for "clearing up his good name," nothing has been shown yet that tarnishes it.

I still have not seen one single piece of "evidence" that pans out against Larry.

Quote:
Obviously, Larry Hastings and East Ozark Reptile are just plain crooks and scammers.
Michael: The only obvious thing here seems to be that you would attempt to assassinate someones character without real proof. That says a lot more about you than Larry.

Larry has a long and very good record in the reptile business. He has proven himself to be a good guy. And so, I will ask one more time seeing how it has so far went unanswered: Name one person who has ever been cheated or scammed by Larry Hastings???

Keith Thompson
AborealHerps.com

Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #37
Suncoast Herpetological
Well...since Superpages.com does not list a Michael Duckworth in Minnestota..... and since their writing styles are eerily similar.....and since Bobby Sloan is computer savvy enough to log in from a remote dial up connection....let me be the first to actually suggest

Michael Duckworth IS Bob Sloan.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #38
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Well...since Superpages.com does not list a Michael Duckworth in Minnestota..... and since their writing styles are eerily similar.....and since Bobby Sloan is computer savvy enough to log in from a remote dial up connection....let me be the first to actually suggest

Michael Duckworth IS Bob Sloan.

Or BS for short.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #39
PaulYancick
I dont know Sloan,Larry,or Vico.I have nothing to do with any of them.I really want to hear about these miracle bairds(by the way Larry there spelled bairdi).The price ranges on these snakes are between $60 to $100 for normals.So after being in the business for 35 years how did you come up with the astounding price of $45 for such a rare batch of pure snakes?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #40
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYancick
I dont know Sloan,Larry,or Vico.I have nothing to do with any of them.I really want to hear about these miracle bairds(by the way Larry there spelled bairdi).The price ranges on these snakes are between $60 to $100 for normals.So after being in the business for 35 years how did you come up with the astounding price of $45 for such a rare batch of pure snakes?

He said he was selling them at $75.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!