Ad’s with no price - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:31 PM   #1
Jess Jones
Ad’s with no price

Am I mistaken or doesn’t an ad require a price to be posted. I continue to see ad’s in the venomous section with no price. I don’t want to email them to find out pricing. I thought it was required for posting in the for sale section. Is this a rule?

Old 12-08-2020, 11:44 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
No, it is not a rule.

Old 12-09-2020, 12:40 AM   #3
WebSlave
Personally, when ever I see an ad, anywhere, including in mailings to me, that does not include prices, I just ignore whatever it is that they are selling. In the case of mailings, well, I just throw them immediately in the trash. One of the most important criteria I look for when considering a purchase is the price, because a LOT will hinge on the price point as to whether or not I am interested in the product. If the seller thinks they can get a fast talking salesman to land a sale with me once they have my contact info, well, they have another think coming.

So my advice to you is to just ignore such ads, and go on to someone else with an ad that is providing you the information you need to make a decision to buy or not. Maybe those people who neglect to provide you the information you need will get the hint. Or not, and they scratch their head wondering why their sales aren't doing as well as they had hoped, and their ads being ignored.

IMHO.

And no, it is not a rule here to include prices in the ad. Advertisers are free to manage their advertising any way they see fit (within reason, of course). Even if it is in a manner that I don't personally feel is very wise.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
sschind
I'm with Rich on this. If an ad has no price I ignore it. If an animal at a show has no price I walk on by. There may a some legit reasons to not price you animals but I can't think of any and I'm sure it costs you sales in the long run as I know I'm the only one who won't ask.

Old 12-09-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
Jess Jones
Thanks everyone. My thoughts were the same. If they can't put a price I just assume they really don't care to sell it. I just wasn't sure if there was a rule for such a thing.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
I agree with Rich and Steve, with just a couple exceptions. There is a seller of (mostly) hognose snakes here who does not list prices, and apparently sells many with ease. Browse that section and you'll figure out who it is. Likely his buyers know who he is, and know what they'll be paying, roughly. Sellers who move animals based on their quality rather than their prices -- and who don't mind if they miss the tire kickers -- are in this category.

Some animals are such that if you have to consider price in order to make your decision, you're likely not interested anyway. Picasso rosy boas might be an example of this, or at least were when there was only one person selling them. One of a kind-ish animals that are well known in the proper circles are what I'm thinking of here.

But yeah, most ads without prices are just ignorable. Some sellers seem to want to do much, much more back and forth during the sale than is remotely necessary, and might make a potential buyer request a price just to get that superfluous interaction rolling. I typically dislike those transactions -- usually, I just want to buy a reptile, not find a soulmate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!