Locking and unlocking classified ads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
WebSlave
Locking and unlocking classified ads

First off, please read this thread concerning the changes now being implemented in the classified ad sections.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=750570

This thread is specifically about how to lock (close) and unlock (open) classified ad threads for Contributor level and above members.

In reference to the earlier mentioned change in how classified ad threads are now only able to be closed (locked) by Contributor level members and above, here is a little primer for those of you who might not be familiar with the process.

First off, the Thread Tools menu is located above the upper right hand corner of the thread.

You need to click on that down facing arrow in order to see the actual menu selections.

Make sure the button for Close Thread is selected, then click on the Perform Action button.

That is it! The classified ad thread is now closed (locked) so no replies can be made to it, or in the case where there are already replies, no further replies can be made.

Now if you should decide to reopen your classified ad, for whatever reason, you simply select the same menu, but this time the option shows you the ability to OPEN the ad.

This time the button shows Open Thread, so verify that is the option selected, and then click on the Perform Action button.

Done! The classifieds ad thread has now been reopened.

Anyway, hope that helps.

BTW, interested parties can also lock (close) their classified ad thread during the creation of the ad instead of having to go back to edit the initial thread post as indicated in the above post.

While creating the classified ad thread, down in the section called Additional Options where you also go in order to manage attachments to add photos, there is a line at the bottom of that area where you can click the checkbox to close the ad immediately when you post it.

Just a FYI...

Old 05-17-2023, 03:57 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
The 'thread tools' box on my latest ad seems to be malfunctioning. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2023, 08:55 PM   #3
WebSlave
No malfunction.

I change settings every now and again for one reason or another. Back in the day I had to choose between blocking all replies to classified ads, or allowing them all unrestricted. I chose the middle of the road by allowing the original ad authors to choose what they would prefer. And paid my programmer to set up that classifieds control panel to help in that respect.

Since the discussion forums here never really went anywhere, I am now thinking that this might have been a mistake, and perhaps discussions in the ads might be the only avenue members are willing to travel in order to have discussions and increase overall participation. So I am giving that a try to see if that helps to increase participation in the site in general. Good idea? Who knows? The only way to find out is to try it to see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!