Lipstick line and Tom Burke - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Lipstick line and Tom Burke

So I’m on the hunt for lipsticks now. Seen a few on MM from Nerd! Nerd is claiming that Tom did NOT create the line, Pete Kahl did. They basically said Amanda and Vin Russo are liars.

This is driving me crazy. Anyone with any info? What’s up with Nerd making those statements?
I personally believe both. Is there anyone with info that I can stick up nerds web site? Tom has a long great standing rep and to let NERD make this claim and oust it on MM for all to see is, well, you know. Fu
Should we be letting this just happen. I’m just a few short years Toms name could be erased as the lipstick creator. So many low life’s are claiming g their albinos are lipsticks when it’s so obvious they are NOT!

Let’s not let this happen! Call or text NERD to dispute it.
We owe it to Tom and his family. IMO

Rich

Old 08-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
well Lipstick is the kahl albino strain but the 'lipsticks' were selectively bred by Tom and he coined the lineage name, so how they can say it wasn't from him, I don't understand. Like Coral was coined by Mr Kahl. Maybe because it's only selectively bred Kahls so in theory anyone could do the same? But 'lipstick' is the term Tom coined for animals from his selectively bred lineage so any lipstick should be able to be traced back to his breedings. Of course, that type of stuff is no longer important to a lot of people and breeding history records get lost all the time.

I remember when Tom was sharing photos and announcing the line back on the kingsnake boa forums. Sadly both the burkereptiles site and kingsnake used adobe flash and wayback machine no longer supports it. so much is lost.

https://saturatedboamorphs.weebly.co...ollection.html

Old 08-02-2021, 05:57 PM   #3
allreptiles1966
I remember well about the coral lines. I took a beating when I first got into them. It was all about paperwork from Pete or proof from the person I bought my coral stuff from. You’re right, people lose the paperwork or just sold the animal and never gave that important paper to the next buyer.
I always stated that if Pk was the creator of albinos and the corals came from him also, why aren’t all Kahl corals from that group.
I never heard anyone call corals anything but. But back then, paperwork paperwork and more. I’m hearing that the corals are just pastels. True? I don’t know myself.

As far as the lipstick goes, it was Tom from my understanding talking with Amanda. She told me how they got them and how Pete K bought several and she believed a whole litter too. Not sure where Nerd is coming up with Pete being the creator. I’ve talked to someone there, have to look at the email, but they were adamant Tom didn’t. But gave no explanation or story as to how it was created.
I just am having a hard time with Nerd stepping on Tom and his family right now. I bet those ads on MM were placed after Tom passed on.

Anyone close to the family or Tom that can shed any light on why Nerd is saying this? Did nerd and Tom not get along?

Interview about the lipstick line with Vin Russo. Although Amanda says there’s a hiccup about Vin saying they were hypo hets that made the 1st litter when actually it was an unrelated PK coral albino and a hypo het from Damien that created the 1st lipsticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFQuHtODr8

Old 08-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #4
allreptiles1966
So even back then they are calling that litter het lipstick. But, being line bred animals, (polygenic?). isn’t that a wrong term to use? Shouldn’t it be het albino , lipstick lines? Same with the coral lines.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:54 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
So even back then they are calling that litter het lipstick. But, being line bred animals, (polygenic?). isn’t that a wrong term to use? Shouldn’t it be het albino , lipstick lines? Same with the coral lines.
lipstick is a line of albinos so saying het lipstick is shorter than saying het albino lipstick line, at least that's all I take it as.
I remember debate back in the day about corals being pastel albinos. then the whole debate about pastels being a morph or not (they are just line bred high color animals IMO).

Old 11-01-2021, 01:21 PM   #6
brandonlarson
being line bred animals, (polygenic?). isn’t that a wrong term to use? Shouldn’t it be het albino , lipstick lines? Same with the coral lines.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #7
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlarson View Post
being line bred animals, (polygenic?). isn’t that a wrong term to use? Shouldn’t it be het albino , lipstick lines? Same with the coral lines.
You are right. When you breed lipstick lined to non lipstick you get fewer lipsticks. If you breed lipstick to lipstick, you are not guaranteed all will be lipstick. And the hets might or might not produce lipsticks. Same as the coral lines. Have a talk on the corals with Steve at boa morph. He did the groovy lines and can shed some light.
So to say lipstick lined is best imo. Not het lipstick, you are not guaranteed to get lipsticks. Your chances increase if you breed lipstick to lipstick.
I see many many albinos and sunglows posted that are easy to tell they are not a visual lipstick even though advertised as such.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!