Requests for account deletions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #1
WebSlave
Requests for account deletions

I get requests now and again from members who request that I delete their account on this site. I know posting this here is a waste of time, because most people don't bother to read this area, but here goes anyway.

Quote:
Sorry, but a lot of scammers wish to do this exact same thing to try to cover their tracks after they have scammed some people, so the policy here is that no accounts are deleted nor information provided by the user removed. Not saying you are a scammer, but I cannot have a policy that ONLY applies to scammers, because that in itself would be an accusation.
I am sure you may have your reasons, and they are exceptional and unique, but sorry, that is just the way it is.

One way I look at this, is that some people think they can come here, post ads or whatever FOR FREE, and then figure that they have USED this site all that they wanted to and then now want to move on and erase their tracks afterwards. Doesn't matter that perhaps deleting their account and their posts might destroy the continuity of any threads they have posted within. Doesn't matter that they want to have wasted everyone's time that might have engaged them in conversations that perhaps THEY don't want removed or altered. I don't know your reasoning, and quite frankly just do not care. Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way here. And I am certainly under no compulsion to do your bidding at your command. Especially when you make it painfully obvious that I have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to help you in any way. You obviously don't give a damn about this site, so excuse me if the feeling is mutual.

Old 03-02-2023, 07:55 PM   #2
Kritter7578
Yo I didn’t post a damn thing here or even interact with a single person except you!! And now i in now way want anything to do with this site because of you! I want my information deleted

Old 03-02-2023, 08:14 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter7578 View Post
Yo I didn’t post a damn thing here or even interact with a single person except you!! And now i in now way want anything to do with this site because of you! I want my information deleted
Kind of putting that cart way out in front of the horse, aren't you fella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter7578
03-02-2023, 10:09 AM
I want my account deleted and all my information How can i do that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I sure do hope I can recover from your leaving this site......

Old 03-02-2023, 08:23 PM   #4
Kritter7578
What the hell kind of bullshit is this? All i asked was how do I delete my information and you start saying about scammers and no one caring about this site. Well with the responses im getting from this is probably why no one cares. It makes no sense. I joined hoping to find new pets , but there is not many posts to choose from so I would like my information deleted and move on. I didn’t post anything or interact with anyone besides you so the whole scammer thing had nothing to do with me.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:33 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
I didn’t post anything or interact with anyone besides you so the whole scammer thing had nothing to do with me.
Now, I don't know that for a fact, now do I?

Wouldn't you think that an actual scammer would say the exact same thing?

See, that is the problem. I can't make rules that only apply to scammers, because the enforcement, as such, would imply that I were publicly calling them scammers by enforcing rules in that manner. Suppose I were wrong? Well, then, that could drag me into a defamation of character lawsuit. So it applies to everyone, equally and fairly.

Sorry if you don't like that fact, but I am getting quite used to having to do things that not everyone likes.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:36 PM   #6
Kritter7578
What is the reason for being an asshole about it? All the whining how no one cares and you don’t give a damn. I haven’t even been on this site for 2 days what the hell kind of administration is this?

Old 03-02-2023, 08:50 PM   #7
Kritter7578
Then I want my information anonymized and de-identified by law

Old 03-02-2023, 10:42 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
What is the reason for being an asshole about it? All the whining how no one cares and you don’t give a damn. I haven’t even been on this site for 2 days what the hell kind of administration is this?
Seriously? You think it is just fine to speak to me in that manner on MY site?

Old 03-02-2023, 10:44 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Then I want my information anonymized and de-identified by law
When the time comes that I am inclined to grant you your requested favor, I will get right on this. But sorry, not a moment before.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:53 AM   #10
Kritter7578
Ahhh so its more of another case of this is MY site i can bully whoever i want when ever i want! You are the King! The tyrant! Don’t question me or my authority! All this from a simple question that could have been simply answered without the belittling and smartass answer. No wonder this place is going down the tubes. Stuck in ancient times and the guy running the place can do as he pleases because hes the king!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!