My sons newest pet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
SPJ
My sons newest pet

I think this thing is pretty cool.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Thats so cool looking!!! What exactly is it?

Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
SPJ
It's a halloween crab.
Basically the same husbandry requirements as a hermit crab but much cooler in my sons opinion (mine too ).

Old 06-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Cat_72
Wow, he's really cool!!! I guess I had seen them before, but for whatever reason assumed they would be more challenging to care for. Awesome, Steve!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #5
SPJ
Easy care. That's what I look for when the kids are responsible for the animal. LOL.

Set it up just like you would a hermit crab (it even eats hermit crab food) and you're all set. All my son needs to do is change the water, feed it, and keep the cage clean.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
Cat_72
My daughter is now jumping up and down saying, "I WANT ONE I WANT ONE".

Sheesh, lol......where did you get the critter?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #7
SPJ
Bert Cash at Scales n Stuff.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:02 AM   #8
ladyserpent7
i love the cute little hermits they sale at the mall and paint their shells different colors .....it doesnt hurt them does it? hope not cuz they look so pretty

Old 06-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #9
nicolai
my daughter had three of thoese "MOON" crabs for a couple of years.they eat anything and everything. Just gotta make sure they always have access to water. They love the "turtle bites" and "frog Bites" food found in all stores.
And...Whey they get a hold of your finger..WOW does it hurt!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
scalesnstuff
Hermit Crabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyserpent7
i love the cute little hermits they sale at the mall and paint their shells different colors .....it doesnt hurt them does it? hope not cuz they look so pretty

I have read two different views on that so far. Some say that a painted shell is bad for them because they always groom the opening of the shell. Also some people paint the shells and force the hermit in before the paint is dried or paint the shell while the crab is in it. The same site said that they do not like the colorful shells and will leave for ones that is not colored.

Another site said that hermit crabs are attracted to the bright shells and will leave theirs for the new colorful one.

I read this after I purchased a group of painted and non painted hermits. The grooming part is true and we are trying to coax them out to go to non painted shells, but apparently they like the color.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!