Changes addressing the ad bumping problem.. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #41
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2529 View Post
so because im a little confussed it wont let me reply to any ads this is normal?
please take a look at this thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

to sum it up - at this time only contributing members can post replies to ads.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #42
SafariPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Contributor Level was changed from 10 to 30 per 30 day period.
Benefactor Level was changed from 50 to 150 per 30 day period.
Endowment Level was changed from 200 to 400 per 30 day period.
I feel like that information should be posted in the section where you select a level. All that is listed there are the prices. I had to search to find out what benefits I would have by upping to the next level.
Are there any other benefits to moving from contributor to benefactor? Like more PM's allowed? This info should be right there where you select your membership level.
Thanks for making this site work...
Troy

Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #43
AbsoluteApril
here you go:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

(there's also a link to this info on the page that has the pricing under where it says "Membership Level Options")

Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #44
SafariPets
OK, now I see the link in that top section, I still feel like it could be made a little more prominent (i.e. Option C - Contributor Level Membership- 30 Bumps per Month, etc...) listed right there where you pay....
AND/ OR
Put "Paid Membership Table" in bold at the top.....
just some suggestions

Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #45
SafariPets
Also, to Rich,
Could it be pro-rated? So half way through the year, I am having a better year than anticipated... Can I upgrade to a higher level and pay a pro-rated price?

Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariPets View Post
OK, now I see the link in that top section, I still feel like it could be made a little more prominent (i.e. Option C - Contributor Level Membership- 30 Bumps per Month, etc...) listed right there where you pay....
AND/ OR
Put "Paid Membership Table" in bold at the top.....
just some suggestions

Sorry, but there is limited space in the descriptions on the subscriptions page, and quite honestly, trying to cram all such info in there would just befuddle too many people trying to make heads or tails out of the listings there. Unfortunately, providing too much information is just as bad, and sometimes worse, than not providing enough information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariPets View Post
Also, to Rich,
Could it be pro-rated? So half way through the year, I am having a better year than anticipated... Can I upgrade to a higher level and pay a pro-rated price?
If your current membership is 6 months or less old, I can upgrade you for the difference in price. Basically you would need to pay directly via PayPal and provide info in the payment concerning what it is for and your member name. You can do PayPal to me via payments@faunaclassifieds.com if you want to proceed with this.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #47
bigdaddysnakes
Ya effin right. Nothing is being done . Its the same crap going on every where. I'm done trying on this site. I'm going to be meeting with an investor this week . We are going to be talking about creating a better site and software to solve this problem. I posted last night, and with-in one hour I was 4 pages back. My wife says just do what they're doing. I said thats the problem. It should be one ad per week ,per category . A spam flag button, for people using more then one email . Maybe a way for members to report duplicate ads.
For now its not worth it.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #48
hhmoore
One ad per week, per category? And you don't think ads will get buried?
A policy like that might work for a startup site; but there are 1059 people viewing this site as I compose this post. The classifieds are the most heavily used feature of this site; so, yes, ads get buried quickly in the popular categories.

The expectation here is that people will manage their ads, deleting previous versions when they repost. A lot of people don't bother - whether intentionally, or not - and they subject themselves to possibly having their ads removed and/or incurring infractions. Obviously, given the number of ads being posted, we cannot check each ad, and look at the member's history to see if they are in compliance; but I focus more on this aspect than reviewing names/locations, and I delete a lot of ads each week. It's a time consuming process, as it means sending a lot of PMs; and I only have just so much time available for that endeavor.

Quote:
I posted last night, and with-in one hour I was 4 pages back.
Exaggerate much? I just looked, and only 2 ads were placed within an hour after yours (in the same category). That hour barely moved you out of the top spot...and it was 4 hrs before you'd dropped a full page. Again, you posted in one of the most heavily used categories; so, yes, 18+ hrs later you're on page 5. If you think that is too far back to be effective, feel free to repost....but make sure you delete the earlier version(s) of your ad as you go. (You've been advised of the expectation, so I wouldn't bother sending you a PM )

Old 11-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #49
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddysnakes View Post
Ya effin right. Nothing is being done . Its the same crap going on every where. I'm done trying on this site. I'm going to be meeting with an investor this week . We are going to be talking about creating a better site and software to solve this problem. I posted last night, and with-in one hour I was 4 pages back. My wife says just do what they're doing. I said thats the problem. It should be one ad per week ,per category . A spam flag button, for people using more then one email . Maybe a way for members to report duplicate ads.
For now its not worth it.
Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #50
nickolasanastasiou
I have an observation somewhat related to this topic.

I focus primarily on the Turtles & Tortoises portion of the classifieds. I have noticed a number of folks who are not contributors who seem to like to avoid paying, but want the benefits of bumping their ads. The typical workaround is to delete ads and repost them when they get a day or so old or drop into the area of the second (or so) page. This tends to kick paid member listings further back much, much faster than normal. In response, I tend to bump my own listings more frequently. More frequently than I would otherwise have/feel need to. Much more during especially "ambitious" periods for such members. Some of them do this for three, four, and sometimes even seven (or so) ads at a time. That kicks a lot of listings down for free. I am not sure it violates a rule explicitly, but it is a pretty obvious tactic to circumvent the contributor-and-above bumping benefit and keep non-paying member ads at the forefront at the real estate expense of the paying member ads.

Thanks for giving this a read. I see many of these same folks often paying to be on KS because it is the only option to post there and trying to utilize a "loophole" here to get out of paying for a particular benefit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!