Inquiry On Terry Lilley Of Centralcoast - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
burmsrus
Inquiry On Terry Lilley Of Centralcoast

im looking to buy some blue tailed monitors,black tree monitors,red phase sand monitors and maybe some water monitors from terry lilley of central coast reptiles. if you have any feedback of them please let me know.thanks

Old 05-12-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
odatria
Re: Inquiry On Terry Lilley Of Centralcoast

Quote:
Originally posted by burmsrus
im looking to buy some blue tailed monitors,black tree monitors,red phase sand monitors and maybe some water monitors from terry lilley of central coast reptiles. if you have any feedback of them please let me know.thanks
Your looking to do what???!!!

I would search the BOI for his name. Also, it wouldnt hurt to call the Better Business Bureau and ask them.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #3
Rob @ RK Reptiles
If you had utilized the search feature as required by the rules of this site you would found plenty of previous threads on him and his business practices. Below are just a few.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=terry+lilley

Old 05-12-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
cdcrowley
Thumbs up

funny i have purchased a pair of dwarf retics that were exactly as stated and were in very good shape and excellent packaging. i have no problem buying from terry again. i am surprised at the neg threads IMO
charlie

Old 05-13-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
Tom Chambers
The guy has had less than a golden reputation since the day I first ran into him at a herp meeting over 20 years ago. Always been very questionable where acquires some of his animals as his CITES permits seem to be called into question frequently as to their authenticity as well as the animals on the permit matching the animals for sale.

It appears to continue to this day.

I would stay far away or at least do A LOT of homework before sending him any money.

TC

Old 05-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
evansnakes
I have met dozens of people that Terry has done a number on. There are a couple people that I mentioned in other threads that he has owed animals to that were paid for, for years now that he was happy to sell but not to ship. He sells other people's goods using other people's pictures and then keeps the money.

For those who remember the previous threads on terry, he was selling his business. I guess the prospective buyer must have waken up and figured out how bad a name it would be to have.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:18 PM   #7
wootton62
i bought 3 snakes from him that where supposed to be about 950 grams and when they arrived they where not as big as they were supposed to be the biggest being 850 grams. i wasnt happy and he sent someone my way who wanted the snakes i wasnt happy with and i got my money back and kept one of the snakes i liked. i would buy from him again. just make sure you get pics of the snakes getting weighed and you shouldnt have a problem with him. he was very nice.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
supertiger
Hes an idiot. Enough said.

Old 05-13-2004, 03:05 PM   #9
TimCoplan
a few years back i did a trade with him, all my animals were personal pets, and I wanted to trade a few animals for a green tree python. Well it got here, and it was about the size of a 6-8 month gtp, and it was already green! It didnt eat for several months, i had to assist feed it. Now its back to health and eating finally, but someone shouldnt have to go through that, especially when all the animals I sent to him were in top knotch quality! It was also from some really supposed high yellow animals, and it doesnt have any high yellow, ohh well, i wonder if those pics he showed me were even his animals. Does anyone have a gtp that they got from him? Hows it doing?

Thanks
Tim Coplan

Old 05-13-2004, 06:21 PM   #10
burmsrus
enough said i will stay clear of him

thanks for the info everyone.i think ill give my business to the guys at goldenserpent.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!