Give me some ideas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Playnwifsnot
Give me some ideas

So my crestie collection is going to be growing soon, and I am considering getting a 7th crestie(as soon as I find a male I like), and I am considering getting into gargoyles. I have 4 eggs, 2 which should hatch here this next month, another 2 I think in November(not sure when she laid them).

At the moment I have aquariums set up except for my littlest gecko, he/she is still small so living the life in a critter carrier. I have 4 girls in a 29, they all get along great, but with the egg laying box in there, I want to give them a little more room, so I was considering giving them my extra 55 gallon I have except it is a pain for me to get in and out of being it is so tall and where I have it placed. If I move it to my stand, then there is nothing for my 20 and 29 to be sitting on(they share a 48" long iron stand).

I want something that opens up from the front and not the top, like my exo-terra cube I have for my tarnatula, but I am not going to spend a fortune on buying a bunk of them and house all the geckos seperatly.

I was thinking of buying acrlic or plexiglass and make a big unit out of it, have one larger unit for my boy...boys when I get another male, so that way when I introduce the girlthere will be enough room for the two of them, and individual units for thee girls and egg lay boxes, wouldbe easier keeping track of who eggs are whos, instead of breeding one female at a time. But then I was thinking, ok how do I make doors, and what about ventilation? I dont exactly have the tools to cut acrlic or plexiglass, and the stuff frays easily. Would it be possibl to glue screening to it somehow? Argh to many questions!

Basicly I am wondering any of you guys/gals out there have made a custom enclosure to house more than one gecko, how ya did it, what you used and please for the love of...uh I love shoes alot so for the love of shoes show me some pics!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I love shoes alot so for the love of shoes show me some pics!
My favorite pair of shoes are my "construction boot" stilettos. They're the devil on my feet though!

This link will show you what I'm doing with my adult pairs of Cresties. I'm also making an egg box / hide combo to match (I'll have to get pictures up, it's pretty neat). You can buy plexi for dividers from Lowes and they can cut it for you, or you can buy a hand held cutting tool specifically made for it (that's how my husband cut the divider for mine.

You can also always get something made by glasscages.com. They have all sorts of stuff that they can make, and do custom work as well.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
bigdogg
You can make a custom tank or just go and buy a Marty Made Cage. I am from the same area so know a little something about how hard it is to get some things. Marty made cages are pretty much a glass tank that is customized to have sliding doors in the front still with a screen top but the screen is locked into place and can be opened but not meant to be the way to get the animal out. Or if you want to do it custom then go get some wood/metal and screen. Make a box and screen it in lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!