Anybody breed Tokay's - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 AM   #11
bullfrog100000
Drache613

i just realized I missed your Q... My Tokay was full grown and particularly large. Hence the vet trying to get me to go on his little vetrinary T.V. Lunch time spot! But honestly its been years -really years! So I couldn't remember any true measurements anymore. The bite sliced all the way across my thumb just behind the knuckle. It was diagonal ,so pretty long. real deep. He kept biting down harder and harder every time some one would mess w/ him to try to remove him from My hand. What a little shit.. G..

Old 09-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #12
constrictorcrazi74
I worked at the local reptile shop and got nailed by a tokay didnt really think it would hurt as bad is it did . He bit on and shook like a dog does to a toy didnt want to let go for the life of him .

Old 09-08-2007, 04:38 AM   #13
BDReptiles
Its all in how you handle/treat the animals. If you are gentle with the animals they will not bite and hold on for dear life. You might get warning pecks. . but not the bite and hold. They will come to realize you are not going to hurt them and will start tolerating you being in the cage. . and then finally let you hold them if you can get them to trust you. They are very smart animals. To many people pass them off as dumb and mean. They protect their young and eggs. They know not to inbreed . . granted if you take the young out and reintroduce them to soon they will fight them and if they will take them possibly breed. But they dont do it knowingly. Tokays can be tamed down to be tamer than bearded dragons. Once people realize this more and more people will want them as pets.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #14
bullfrog100000
b.d.

Ya my Tokay rotten as he started out did get easier to get along w/ he was cool w/ me getting in his cage etc. after a few weeks. though I could handle him some later, I didn't really try that much. He was healthy and seemed happy if that was possible so that was OK w/ me. Also he was a grown adult and had been wild more or less in the building all that time and was wild caught to begin with. So I figured what ever...

I gotta say your the first I've heard say they could be more tame then a beardy! We'll definitely keep you in mind for our Tokay purchase. G.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #15
BDReptiles
I've seen/heard it from alot of people. My adults are not handleable at all. I have a young male that as long as you dont grab him hes cool with being handled after he gets the trying to run away and jump every 5 seconds out of his system he'll just sit on you like nothin. I've seen them where you can just pick them up like you would a leopard gecko and just sit in your hand. I work with my babys but I dont do it till they are like a month old so I know they are eating. I dont want to stress them out alot when they are to young. I've been told you can even get WC adults to calm down and handle them too. But its better to just get a cb baby and mess with him . . plus babys dont hurt when they bite lol.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #16
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDReptiles
Its all in how you handle/treat the animals. If you are gentle with the animals they will not bite and hold on for dear life. You might get warning pecks. . but not the bite and hold. They will come to realize you are not going to hurt them and will start tolerating you being in the cage. . and then finally let you hold them if you can get them to trust you. They are very smart animals. To many people pass them off as dumb and mean. They protect their young and eggs. They know not to inbreed . . granted if you take the young out and reintroduce them to soon they will fight them and if they will take them possibly breed. But they dont do it knowingly. Tokays can be tamed down to be tamer than bearded dragons. Once people realize this more and more people will want them as pets.
I'm going to say this as nicely as I know how...

You're wrong. You're wrong about the handling, you're wrong about egg and neonate guarding, you're wrong about the inbreeding, you're wrong about the behaviors, you're just flat out wrong.

Please don't lie to people in an effort to sell your $50 tokay geckos through the discussion forums because you're too stupid or cheap to pay for a classified capable account and too scumbaggish or thieving to sell them on their honest merits. It'll just leave people who don't know any better believing your ignorant crap and someone else will have to come along and explain the truth of it all.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
cliff_f
Seamus Haley you better get your stuff strait before you start telling people they are wrong. The inbreeding thing I think they would when they get old enough. Everything else you better know what you are talking about before you start telling people they are wrong. I do agree that BdReptiles came across as trying to sell his tokays in this thread and that is what they classifieds are for. Everything else is pretty much right. I breed tokays to and I have to agree with BDReptiles. Seamus why dont you tell us about the breeding and care for tokays if you are such a expert?

Old 09-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
BDReptiles
And I'm not going to say this nice at all. . Read any damn book or article about Tokays. Do you even own Tokays or breed them? My guess is no! Right now I have 2 babys in the cage with the adults. When I try and dick with the babys the male comes at me. Email or Call NERD and ask for Keven he'll back me up 100%. I can see your side because until about 3 years ago when I started breeding them I wouldn't of be leaved it myself. Before you start pointing your damned finger you need to know what the hell your talking about! What do you even own? A crested? Have you ever dealt with Tokays? I'm not lying on a damn thing. Even if I had my Tokays marked at 30 bucks which is a way under priced I would say the damn thing. Dont talk crap about a animal just because you hear it has a bad rap. I have seen MANY TAME Tokays that will just sit on you like a beardy, just hangin out on your shoulder. I'm going to put a link at the bottom to a link of one of my tokays that is about 6-7 months old that I get out and play with. He does not bite, does not try to jump away. And yes it is all about RESPECTING the animals! So go point your damned finger else where. And to anyone thinking of buying a Tokay all I can say is dont listen to this tool he has NO clue of what he speaks.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #19
monkeywrench133
Guys, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but let's keep it civil, ok?

Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #20
BDReptiles
Yeah he kinda made me mad. . . cant just go pointing fingers. . all it takes is one dumbass to make people think bad about you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!