Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 35 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #341
colubridman
If a snake you ship arrives dead due to improper shipping you owe the person for the snake, plain and simple. In my opinion if you ship a snake or snakes and they arrive in any other way than live, healthy and feeding, no matter what the reason, you owe the buyer for the snake or snakes. If someone doesen't guarantee the animal they are selling you if there is a problem due to the shipping company or any other reason I would buy from someone else.

I admit I have only skimmed this thread but there is one thing that kept jumping out at me. What do this guys friends have to do with anything. When you sell someone a snake you should only deal with the person you sell the snake to. When his friends contacted you and tried to get involved I would have deleted their emails or ignored them and only dealt with the person you sold the snake to. Any blackmail, accusations or whatever that came from someone else are only a problem (your problem) because you dealt with others than who you should have.
If someone buying a animal from you asks and you agree to ship to a friend or family member of theirs for some reason I could see talking with them just to be sure you have the correct address, they will be there to receive the snake or that the snake arrived OK but any other conversations should be between you and the buyer only.
Some people are not good at telling friends or family to stay out of their business but it's for you to not let others become involved (at least with you ) since they are not your customer. If it's a minor and it's their parent your dealing with that's another matter.

Randy Whittington

Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #342
Reptilecam
Sure hope something positive comes out of this situation. People like this dont belong in this hobby

Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #343
crotalusadamanteus
If anyone has a picture of Andrew, this might be a good place to post it, so people tending shows know what he looks like. This thread speaks for itself as far as his character goes.

Just a thought, since I've never seen a picture of him, this thread may not effect his sales at shows...unless people could put a face to the name.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #344
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
So mad, I copied every single e-mail ever between Sean, Connor, Kevin and myself then I made a boo boo and they were gone. I'll try again tomorrow. Andrew
Apparently the posting of the promised emails was a smoke screen just like the promised replacement animal.

Andrew and his family have been in this business for a long time. Surprising to see a reputation flushed down the tubes due to petty and childish mulishness.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #345
Fangthane
BUMP

I'd hate to see something like this completely stall out and fade from memory at just under 23,000 views. Any updates from the OP?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #346
Morelia4life
Yeah, what is the update with this? I am sure Mr. Potts has done nothing to correct this.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #347
Boa_Morphs82
It is a shame to see someone who once had a stellar reputation throw it out the window like this. I contacted Mr. Potts recently to purchase a female aztec or hytec for my VPI T+ projects and then came across this thread and have since purchased else where.

Mr. Potts do the right thing and refund the money and attempt to salvage some of your reputation.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #348
Willow
I have a feeling Mr. Potts has washed his hands of this thread, it's highly unlikely he cares about saving future sales at this point.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #349
bxjoon
epic failure potts

Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #350
Designerboa
This is a comedy of errors that ended tragically with the loss of a beautiful animal that met a horrific, unconscionable end.

The behavior of the "Triad of Extortion" has been Unscrupulous at best and borders akin to felonious. Their actions have been duly noted and I will guide myself accordingly.

What I find equally reprehensible is the manner of which the Potts have addressed this issue and the lack of concern given for the well being of the animal by not observing proper shipping protocol.

The Potts claim to be proud of their project as evidenced by the inflated price tags that they place on their offerings. Their behavior indicates that they care not for their contribution to the industry, moreover, their real motivation is how much money can we milk out of the consumer before we;

A.) Ruin the project.

B.) Damage our reputation to the point that no one will buy from us.

c.) Aztec become so common that they become like hypos......no big deal ( which has been my opinion all along).

Sorry but I call them the way I see them. All involved are shady in my book. There are no winners in this situation. The biggest loser of all is a beautiful, amazing animal that was cooked due to inept shipping and handling.

SHAME ON ALL PARTIES....my 0.02

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!