AdventurePetsinc, Mandeville, la - bad guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
land536
AdventurePetsinc, Mandeville, la - bad guys

Hi, I recently visited adventure pets, in Mandeville, la, while on vacation. The conditions of their store was deplorable. They had two sulcatas walking around in the store, one of wich had a broken shell that had been glued back together, and both of them looked very dehidrated and poor. the snakes were all being kept in these really small, filthy cages with no heating or lighting. they had one, in paticular, sinaloan milk snake, that was just sorry. This poor little guy was on deaths door with one foot in. He was tiny, and all shrivelled up, I think he was already dead, but I couldn't get anyone to get him/her out to show me. they had like 6 or 8 ball pythons crammed into one 2ft by 2ft cage with no heat or substrate at all. there beardeds were all cramed into a cage the same size with no heat or light, but they did have them on sand, that hadn't been cleaned in, it looked like at least a week or two.These kinds of places give all of us bad names. I could go on and on about the rest of the animals, but I just get more and more ticked off the more I type.

P.S. Here is there info
Stephen and Rachael Creech
2989 Hwy 190 in Mandeville, Louisiana
http://www.adventurepets.com/site/view/5287_Home.pml

Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
outcastsnakes
they should get shut down in my opinion that is not acceptable

have a great day
thanks
justin walker & isabelle arlequin
lawton ok
www.outcastsnakes.com

Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
RGCREECH
Adventure Pets

Hi, I'm the owner of Adventure Pets that has been slammed by a guy on 1 visit. None of the things he has posted are correct. If he had taken a closer look or asked anyone about how the reptiles were set up, we would have been glad to show him both the heat and light that all of our animals are provided with. The sulcatas he mentioned were both taken in from other people and are in much better shape than we received them. The one with the damaged shell is not glued but is recovering from previous poor nutririon. After getting this guys nasty email, I immediately checked the reptiles and found them in need of nothing more than a daily cleaning which like anybody we sometimes get behind on because we are very busy. If this guy was so concerned about the conditions why didn't he ask for the owner and complain? I was here all day. The sinaloan milk snake is fine - I would be happy to post a picture of it. I challenge anybody to come in our store anytime and see it - make your own judgement or ask any of our regular customers. We are not perfect but I am proud of our store.

Rachael Creech
Adventure Pets
Mandeville, Louisiana

Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
land536
I guess the pastels that were crammed into the small size critter keepers were properly heated and lighted as well? or the 6 or 8 ball pythons that were in that little cage, they were also heated? wrong answer!! and as for asking someone, you couldn't get anyone to stop what they were doing to talk too! Maybe ask the boy that was "too busy with these fish, go ask so and so. No, that sinaloan is not dead though" believe me, he will remember who I was. I was not very polite at that point. and I agree these animals were in need of some cleaning, alot of it!!!Like I said before and will say again and again, Your store was a disgrace and would be shut down here in Fla. I tried to get my girlfriend to come and post, but she says I pretty much covered it except for the puppies in the front of the store and those chinchillas, I guess the pile of feces all accumulated in one day as well.If you need a lesson or two in how to properly run your shop, e-mail me and I will give you the number to our local pet store, who has 200 times the number of animals, and, is 2000 times cleaner.He may discuss with you the proper care and husbandry of the animals you have.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
outcastsnakes
hmm

well if what you are saying is true then what that guy was saying is slander cause he really makes yall look bad.
but it is word against word so im going to stay out of this one

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
thanks justin walker & isabelle arlequin
lawton ok
www.outcastsnakes.com

Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
Wilomn
I'd like to see pics of the Sinaloan and its setup.

Please post them.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcastsnakes
well if what you are saying is true then what that guy was saying is slander cause he really makes yall look bad.
but it is word against word so im going to stay out of this one

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
thanks justin walker & isabelle arlequin
lawton ok
www.outcastsnakes.com
Justin or Isabelle, whomever is making the post needs to sign in way that we know who is making the post. Signing both of your names to every post is not going to cut it.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
outcastsnakes
sry that is the signature

this is justin walker
www.outcastsnakes.com
sometimes its her and sometimes its me
but these were from me

have a great day

Old 02-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
Wilomn
So, glad you got the who's posting thing all worked out.

Now, about that pic of the sinaloan. When will you have that posted?

Old 02-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
outcastsnakes
are you talking to me?
im not the one who owns the pet shop its rachel

i own
www.outcastsnakes.com
thanks
justin walker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!