Steven Brockschmidt, BrocksBoids... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #71
melanie76
Plus..KAHANE and his parter or whatever..were talking to him about the thread..lol.He knows whats going on. And hes not fixing it. OR taking his good old time. I just dont understand what some people dont get. How could this guy POSSIBLY come up with an excuse. There just isnt one good enough. They should be in the air today. Hes known about the thread for a week.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #72
reagorfu
I probably will never be able to afford a reptile deal of this magnitude; I just do not have that much money to spend on one order of reptiles alone. For me, making a purchase of $2,000 is extremely huge and certainly the largest amount I will ever spend on boas. With that being said, why in the world would I ever consider going to Brocks Boas? Would I go there because Brock is going to treat his high paying customers (who put loads of cash in his pockets) like crap? Would the reason I would buy from him be that I like it when people are rude on the phone to my family and constantly say they don’t trust me via email? Would I send him my down payment on an animal because it is such a rush when the seller demands the remainder of the balance before the date that was agreed on (thinking that you are going to lose your huge deposit because the seller changes the deal at the back end is exhilarating, it’s better than sky diving if you ask me)?there are just so many things going on with this guy it is hard to put your finger on one quality about his customer service that makes him stand alone.
Unfortunately I have never found a reason to yell at my wife because I think that she is perfect, would that make his practice of yelling at my wife and being rude to her be the extra edge that he has over his competition? Would I choose to do business with Brock because if I pay shipping that means that he ships the order to where he wants it to go, because he knows better than I do where my boas need to be or would it be because I will pay for shipping the boas in advance and then he will say that I need to drive half way to pick up the boas? Then again, his whole “I’m not going to talk to you for a couple of months” thing sounds pretty attractive if you ask me.
I got allot of thinking to do. It sounds pretty tempting don’t you think? But then again, maybe these are just the special treatments that guys spending big money get. After all, he might not give me this great quality service because I would be spending a fraction of $12,500.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #73
melanie76
Quote:
Originally Posted by reagorfu
I probably will never be able to afford a reptile deal of this magnitude; I just do not have that much money to spend on one order of reptiles alone. For me, making a purchase of $2,000 is extremely huge and certainly the largest amount I will ever spend on boas. With that being said, why in the world would I ever consider going to Brocks Boas? Would I go there because Brock is going to treat his high paying customers (who put loads of cash in his pockets) like crap? Would the reason I would buy from him be that I like it when people are rude on the phone to my family and constantly say they don’t trust me via email? Would I send him my down payment on an animal because it is such a rush when the seller demands the remainder of the balance before the date that was agreed on (thinking that you are going to lose your huge deposit because the seller changes the deal at the back end is exhilarating, it’s better than sky diving if you ask me)?there are just so many things going on with this guy it is hard to put your finger on one quality about his customer service that makes him stand alone.
Unfortunately I have never found a reason to yell at my wife because I think that she is perfect, would that make his practice of yelling at my wife and being rude to her be the extra edge that he has over his competition? Would I choose to do business with Brock because if I pay shipping that means that he ships the order to where he wants it to go, because he knows better than I do where my boas need to be or would it be because I will pay for shipping the boas in advance and then he will say that I need to drive half way to pick up the boas? Then again, his whole “I’m not going to talk to you for a couple of months” thing sounds pretty attractive if you ask me.
I got allot of thinking to do. It sounds pretty tempting don’t you think? But then again, maybe these are just the special treatments that guys spending big money get. After all, he might not give me this great quality service because I would be spending a fraction of $12,500.
Very well put!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #74
tonyj
I'm glad that this thread is now settling down into a debate between those few people who still think and argue that Steven Brockschmidt is a 'good guy', - because they know him to be a 'good guy', who is perhaps a little misunderstood, and the rest of us, who faced with irrefutable FACTS, and don't necessarily know either party, have made up our own minds.

Thank goodness this has not degenerated into a US/Canada debate. Thank goodness this is a debate between fair minded individuals, who are witnessing a 'big wrong' taking place, and those others who will defend to the end a person who no longer has a leg to stand on, - at least based on the information we have all been presented with.

Of course if they may have additional and privileged information that the rest of us have not yet seen, and know that Steven Brockschmidt is actually the second coming of Santa Claus, but of course we wouldn't know that.

This issue should be of interest to all reptile enthusiasts, as the outcome will affect the way we all do business in future and possibly will have ramifications which eventually will affect all of us.

Hence the reason so many of us are watching with great interest the outcome of this 'crime' in progress. (Sorry, but that's the description that comes to mind.)

The days when we actually trusted each other will vanish for good.

We will continue only to do business with individuals from our own small circle of associates; those people who we know personally and people who we know we can trust.

These are sad times for our hobby, thanks to the STEVEN BROCKSCHMIDTs of this world.

The few will ruin it for the many.

Would I buy a 100% guaranteed het from a stranger anymore? Maybe, but certainly not from the Steven Brockschmidts that prey on this hobby.

Think about it reptile lovers. This smelly saga will now influence the whole hobby, - and in ways we haven't yet thought about.

Kahane will no doubt survive this bitter experience. And Brockschmidt, the strong silent one? Well, he still has a few hardcore supporters to keep him going, as he awaits his next big pay day.

In truth, I wonder how many of Brockschmidt's supporters will even send him $125 in future, without those little pangs of doubt running through their minds? I wonder....

Old 04-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #75
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj
Thank goodness this has not degenerated into a US/Canada debate. Thank goodness this is a debate between fair minded individuals, who are witnessing a 'big wrong' taking place, and those others who will defend to the end a person who no longer has a leg to stand on, - at least based on the information we have all been presented with.
At least based on the information we have all been presented with???? Point proven if you will. That is my whole point all along. I realize some continually accept what is written on the forum as the gospel and simply want to insinuate that anyone believing to the contrary is simply "defending to the end." I've not defended Steve one bit. If the story, the way that Kahane has written it, is true then he needs strung up, period. I've simply stated that the story, as written, does not quite add up to me and therefore I am allowing more time before I pass judgment.

If that does not sit well with a few of you then that is your problem not mine. I've seen very similar situations play out where the thread bad guy turned out to be the thread author. Is that the case here? Who knows but I won't pass judgment until I am comfortable with the presented story and as such, I am not currently comfortable.

As I stated earlier, it's not a Kahane thing nor is it a Steve thing. I don't know enough about either to be a character witness. But, this thread is asking the readers to pass judgment on Steve and to consider him a bad guy. I'm stating, for the record, that I won't do that yet...... That's not to say I won't reconsider in a week but then again, nobody knows what will happen between now and then. Due diligence is in short supply.

Griz

Old 04-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #76
Litesnsirens
Of course we know what will happen between now and a week from now, Brock still will not have shown up and will not have provided any kind of an explanation, and most likely KaHane will still won't have his snakes or his money. He might have another insulting email though ... that is the one thing that is up in the air. While I still hold hope that KaHane will eventually get his snakes or money, based on Brock's less than prompt actions up til this point I can pretty much guarantee it won't be done by next week.

Let's face it was last week when Brock was apparently going to come on and post "tonight". Now maybe on his calender the days are 96 hours long, but those of us on the 24hr/day schedule are still waiting... either that or Brock just isn't that good at keeping his word.... hmmm

Old 04-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #77
tonyj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz

As I stated earlier, it's not a Kahane thing nor is it a Steve thing. I don't know enough about either to be a character witness. But, this thread is asking the readers to pass judgment on Steve and to consider him a bad guy. I'm stating, for the record, that I won't do that yet...... That's not to say I won't reconsider in a week but then again, nobody knows what will happen between now and then. Due diligence is in short supply.

Griz
Griz, you are of course entitled to your own point of view. We fought wars for your right hold those points of view.

However, at what point do you start to have just some teeny weeny doubts regarding Mr Brockschmidt' business practices ?

Kahane has overtly shown us a great deal of persuasive evidence outlining and supporting certain facts.

Brockschmidt and his loyalists have shown us zilch.

You of course can make your own judgements based on your own thoughts. As I have said, that is your right, whether it be Canada, the US or most free countries.

The rest of us can only formulate our thinking on what we have been shown, which at the present doesn't look too good, especially for Brockschmidt, in spite of your protestations, and in whichever way you choose to spin it.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #78
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj
The rest of us can only formulate our thinking on what we have been shown, which at the present doesn't look too good, especially for Brockschmidt, in spite of your protestations, and in whichever way you choose to spin it.
Tony, I was in agreement with much of what you wrote until this last blurb. For whatever reason, maybe lack of reading comprehension?, you still want to blur the lines of reality with regards to what I have said. I've never spun any portion of this situation. I have never protested anyone's rights with regards to how they have handle this situation. At least, if for no other reason then self respect, show some basic comprehension if you want to post your opinion of my comments. The only "spinning" going on here is by you. Loyalist.......oh please.....

Griz

Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #79
tonyj
Loyalists: People who have stood by whilst refusing to condemn or question Mr B's motives or actions.
In spite of what seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence painting a non to flattering picture of Mr. B's actions, the people who have remained loyal to Mr B's cause.

Griz, what ever you or I say, and no matter how we 'spin' it , all we are doing is trading words. Nothing more. We are achieving nothing of significance, other than remaining polite so far.

What is needed now, is action.

Thankfully, everyone seems to agree on that.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #80
NixonRp
For the record, what Griz or myself has said in this whole situation is that OUR experiences with him haven't been bad. Yes the picture painted here isn't very flattering and in all honesty if I were a new guy whom had never dealt with him before would I be worried about buying from him reading this thread, probably.

I agree with you with you Tony, action does need to be taken, this issue needs to be resolved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!