Rick Sisco - Sisco Reptiles - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #91
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound
I can ask you to PROVE that my ball pythons aren't from australia.

If someone came along with proof that your ball pythons didn't come from Australia, would that be proving a negative?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #92
harveysherps
Seems to me Rick needs to produce some proof that he has bred Tagus for this to get settled. He also needs to show some of his hatchlings that look like Bobby's. Bobby has produced proof by the pictures he has posted. My God Bobby's are HUGE compared to other B&W Tegus. And the changing colors during breeding season is a load of bull also. I dare say that no one understands Tagus as well as Bobby Hill. I don't care who they are. Bobby is more about the scientific part and the discovery of information on the Taegu species as a whole. You people who disagree with him are all just clowns piling into a Volkswagen.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #93
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
You have not rebutted Bobby's "personal" allegations, as well as some more strictly business, and that sir is worrisome to at least a few here.
I have answered personal allegations for weeks on ends on other websites in the past and it generally ended with everyone stating that Bobby and I were both acting like asses. As far as not responding allegations today, I was working. I did make one post today from work (a mod is welcome to compare IPs) but I only had a short moment to post.

Let's see..

Bobby gave me two cornsnakes that I did not ask for. He told me that a friend had them and that they were produced from two wild snakes that were in captivity, one was ok and the other had a horrible scar from a light bulb, right Bobby? Do you wish that I did around on my other PC for the picture of the scarred cornsnake or do you want to admit to this lie?

He sent me a cornsnake manual, which I did not ask for, but stated that he purchased several and was giving them out to his friends.

Bobby asked me how to order two of the thetegu.com shirts. I told him not to worry about it though, I could just bring him a couple to Daytona if I made it there. He said "No, I want to help the site, so I will just pay for them" and he did. I did however refund shipping charges since I did end up personally delivering his two shirts, as well as a free one from Bert, whom I also met in Daytona.

Bobby also later asked why his account wouldn't let him upload more pictures to his gallery. I told him I had to limit users of the new gallery to a set amount of space because I had tons and tons of used space in the old gallery, old pictures that were costing me money out of pocket to host. The default option once the new gallery was full, was to let you order more space for a small yearly donation of around $10. I offered him the space free, he again said "It's only $10 and I want to help you out with the site".

I have received a couple cornsnakes, a book, etc that I didn't ask for or really need. He did run a contest on my website offering a free tegu, which was his choice. It was free advertising for him as much as for my website. He did it because I did a photo contest and gave away a ball python and tegu hatchling and it got me advertising and many more deposits. He contest was not a gift to me, it was advertising.. plain and simple.

Bobby was calling and asking me publicly in the chatroom to join him in Florida for the Daytona expo. I explained that I would like too, but money was tight. He offered to let me share his room if I could afford the ticket. A room that he already had reserved for his wife and himself. She was not able to make it, so there was plenty of room. He told me it wouldn't be an issue about paying from the room since he works as a cook for that hotel line and only pays pennies on the dollar. I told him I would come up with cash to go. I had enough to go, but not for any extras while I was there. My father, the great guy his is, extended me a loan for a couple grand the night before I left as a gift. I met Bobby, we had a great time. We went herping. We attended the show, we took turns buying each others meals and drinks, my CheriS and her granddaughter from Reptile Rooms, and many people from our chat.. it was a good time. Once the trip was over, Bobby even offered to keep my purchases with him and mail them to me once I got home. There was no anger or feelings of betrayal at this point.

Bobby would call me for hours (and I mean HOURS) a night asking for my advice, my thoughts on genetics and tegus in general. Gleaning anything he could from my experiences. Anyone from the chatroom can attest to this. He soon asked to be a moderator for all his helping sharing my knowledge in the forums and later told me he felt he deserved to be admin, so I made him an admin. I made him a super moderator with the "admin" label. He asked for even more control of the site and I denied him. He made his own website and all of a sudden stopped hanging out in my chat or the forums. I found that he had PMed many people to leave my site and my chat and to join him, some did, many did not. This is where the personal issues started to show up.

What I gave Bobby was recognition in the tegu community on my website. If I was sold out, I would send my customers to Bobby until he was sold out. I the end.. Bobby outgrew the need for my friendship and went his own way, but instead of being happy with that, he has to try to step on my name every chance he gets.

I will state one more issue on the personal matter, and then I will call it good. Bobby is a good friend as long as he needs or wants your friendship. Once that is over and will slowly start talking about you behind your back, he slander you when he gets a chance and will go out of his way to try to destroy your name.

The facts here.. for those who are just keeping up.. Is if you read my Goodguy post. I am a good guy and will go out of my way to be helpful. I will not only be helpful to my customers, but I offer help and assistance to people who buy tegus from Bert, Bobby, or Joe Blow. I am here before the sale, during the sale and after the sale.. My good guy posts speak for themselves. I had one customer who purchased from me and she was happy with the resolution and the tegu she got. She met Bobby and started going to his website and chat, she then got it into her head that my chacoans are not real chacoans and that bobby is the only person in the world with a tegu from chaco. (because that is what Bobby says) She then gave me a bad guy post. Why didn't she give me a bad guy post back when she purchased the tegu, or when they was a DOA, or when I asked her to ship me the dead one? or when she offered to give the body to a herp class? Because she is here on Bobbys behalf. Period!

So, is it true. It's it true that my chacoans are not chacoan? First, for those who don't know.. Chaco is basically the top half of Argentina. All of Argentina, or South America for that matter, is pretty much flooded with tegu lizards. A chaco tegu is any tegu imported from chaco. This whole "chaco = giant" description is crap. So, if you go into the top half of Argentina and pick up a wild Argentine Black & White Tegu, it is a Chacoan Tegu. It doesn't need to be 'Giant' or 'peachy', it's a Chacoan. I am an American, but I don't look anything like my neighbor. With that stated, so you really know what a Chacoan tegu is.. Can I prove mine came from the northern half of Argentina? Even though I purchased them as Chacoan, No.. sadly I can not. When this whole chacoan 'war' started a year ago, I decided to drop the word "chacoan" even though I believe mine to be from chaco and I chose to call them "white heads", which is the same thing Ron St Pierre did. Bobby decided to drop the chacoan term and call his "Extreme Giants".

So, do I think I tried to screw anyone over selling my chacoan white heads for $50 more? No, the customers who purchased them, who raised them and who love them.. think they are awesome and some of the lightest white headed tegus around, even whiter in adulthood than Bobby's! The only ones with issues, are the 2 or 3 people who Bobby has brainwashed into thinking he is the only person out there with 4 totally unique animals. Let's look at that part for a moment. Ron was selling "Chacoan White Heads" for 5 or 6 years and then he dropped the "Chacoan" and just used the "White Heads" name. After a few more years he stopped selling any Argentine tegus (focusing on just the blues) and then started selling his breeders. A reseller who purchased 4 adult Argentine Black & White Tegus from Ron offered them to Bobby, since he knew Bobby was recently buying up adult tegus so he could become a tegu breeder. When Bobby received them he said they were huge and must be Ron's chacoans breeders. Bobby later announced that his were peachy colored and unique. That no one else had these tegus, and that these are not the ones that Ron was selling as Chacoan White Heads. Bobby went further and claimed that Ron's Chacoans were fake too.. even though Ron was the one who termed the phrase "chacoan white heads" and he was also the one whom these 4 'unique' tegus came from. Something in that makes no sense.

In the end, I can't PROVE beyond a doubt that mine were collected in Chaco and neither can Bobby. There are many sizes of Argentine Black & White Tegu in the upper half of Argentina.. perhaps the ones at the bottom of Chaco are smaller than the ones in the upper part of Chaco, but there is no way of knowing short of going there. I just choose the easy route of dropping the chaco name, as did Bobby.. but why then is Bobby still going on about his being the true Chacoans? If he purchased his third hand, with no proof of the origins, he can not honestly call them "chacoans" based on their SIZE when he doesn't even have any idea how large or small the tegus are in the chaco region?!?

I hope I have cleared up some confusion without causing even more. I ask that you look at my good guy posts and the one 'bad guy' post, which I resolved with my customer and take Bobby and his personal issues with a grain of salt.

Rick Sisco

Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #94
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveysherps
Seems to me Rick needs to produce some proof that he has bred Tagus for this to get settled. He also needs to show some of his hatchlings that look like Bobby's. Bobby has produced proof by the pictures he has posted. My God Bobby's are HUGE compared to other B&W Tegus. And the changing colors during breeding season is a load of bull also. I dare say that no one understands Tagus as well as Bobby Hill. I don't care who they are. Bobby is more about the scientific part and the discovery of information on the Taegu species as a whole. You people who disagree with him are all just clowns piling into a Volkswagen.
Harvey,

You are obviously just jumping in to pick a side. I was breeding tegus before Bobby. Bert will also tell you that tegus can change color based on external or internal factors. Tegus who are of breeding size do get some creamy/peachy color to them during the breeding season.

Bobbys pictures prove nothing. Do you have a wild tegu taken from Chaco to compare it to? or are you just being brainwashed into believe Bobby is a tegu god too? Who is really piling into a clownmobile?

As far as asking for proof that I produced hatchlings.. I admit I am not as much a camera/picture nut as some, but you can put this one under your pillow.

Rick Sisco

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #95
Chameleon Company
Rick,
It may be a pain to have to come here. It certainly took a long time to type it all out. But it is what it is. Not that I want to get political, but John Kerry has often cited the damage done him with the swift-boaters, and now coined as being "swift-boated", as being his failure to respond both timely and aggressively. I thank you for the time you took to reply to all of it. Not going to say it settles all either, but my issues were not the minutea of other posts. It is unfortunate that it has played out elsewhere, and now must so here. I am not the only reader here who is clueless as to those other places. That is the game as it is played now. Maybe the biggest victim is the memories of Daytona, and the good times, which now are tarnished. Kind of like having an ex-wife ... just not as bad

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #96
harveysherps
Hell I can't even see what that is in that pic. Did you have to cut off part of the pic so you could claim it. hell that's probably one of Bobby's pics. Your claiming it as yours also. LOL Bobby sells out of his tegus every year. He has people waiting in line to get one. That speaks for itself. But You are using his good fortune to help yourself. All the way around. I'm not Brain washed. I have known Bobby for quit some time. I take his opinion over any one elses period. You seem to be a user and abuser to me. It is also Obvious you have no idea what friendship is.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #97
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
If Bobby was the first to a name or label, the common tradition in the business is that he can claim to be proprietor of it until someone proves the animals already existed elsewhere, had been identified as such, etc. If someone comes along representing their product with the name Bobby coined, and they do not meet the criteria described, perhaps even failing miserably, then Bobby has a legitimate beef.
I think you summed that up pretty well.

So, for example.. If Ron St Pierre terms the name "Chacoan" tegu, and then Bobby steals it to give to his animals and then claims that Rons are not true Chacoans.. wouldn't Ron be the guy with the Chacoans and Bobby be the fraud?

Because that is exactly what I have been trying to explain...

Here is a screenshot of Ron's website taken several years ago, when Ron originated the "Chacoans"..

Ron and I have animals that are the same. Bobby's are "different" according to him. As such, Ron and I have "chacoans" and Bobby has something different!?

Rick Sisco

Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #98
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveysherps
Hell I can't even see what that is in that pic. Did you have to cut off part of the pic so you could claim it. hell that's probably one of Bobby's pics. Your claiming it as yours also. LOL Bobby sells out of his tegus every year. He has people waiting in line to get one. That speaks for itself. But You are using his good fortune to help yourself. All the way around. I'm not Brain washed. I have known Bobby for quit some time. I take his opinion over any one elses period. You seem to be a user and abuser to me. It is also Obvious you have no idea what friendship is.
Wes,

That statement proves you have no idea. I sell out of hatchlings every year. I have people falling hand over foot to get my tegus, because MY TEGUS ARE THE TAMEST. That is fact. Bobby has even posted MY tegu attention video all over the web to show how tame and social that tegus can become, all with the goal of profiting off my tegus tame and social nature. Bobby even went as far as claiming, after buying and breeding adult tegus from Bert, Ron and various other that "His tegus are bred for temperament" but in fact, they are not, which is why he had to exchange some this last year. Bobby is the one saying what he must to sell his tegus, I am the one who has the real tame, social and white tegus.

As far as the photos, you can only do so much with a cellphone. Sorry. Try putting on your glasses. If you are going to claim my photos are not my photos when I post them, why should you even ask me for one?

Rick Sisco

Old 04-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #99
harveysherps
Do you not have any of your own material to work with? Seems like you borrow from other to help yourself. My god man Lets see what you know not what someone else knows. Where is your proof not someone elses.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #100
Chameleon Company
Rick,

Quote:
So, for example.. If Ron St Pierre terms the name "Chacoan" tegu, and then Bobby steals it to give to his animals and then claims that Rons are not true Chacoans.. wouldn't Ron be the guy with the Chacoans and Bobby be the fraud?
You are now adding information to the mix that goes directly to the allegations made against you, which is what must be done here if there is to be a rebuttal. When I mention "branding", your example is exactly to that point. If you or a friend with knowledge doesn't put this stuff up, who will ? It all goes to mitigating the allegations, and unless something new arises, your last couple of posts has rather effectively done so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!