Rick Sisco - Sisco Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #31
SiscoReptiles
Conclusion?

My last email from Katie was a series of photos of her happily holding her new baby tegu! There was no text in that email.

------
Sorry I had to break it all up, it kept giving me errors.

Rick Sisco

Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #32
SiscoReptiles
Please also note that Katie did NOT turn over the dead tegu hatchling's body to an educational/herpetological dept or school as she promised to do.

Rick

Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #33
SiscoReptiles
Here is one of the pictures from the last email that Katie sent me.

That doesn't look like the face of someone disgusted with the way I handled the issue. (Though the face was 'caught' in a funny pose)

Rick Sisco

Old 04-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #34
critical bill
Holy crap.....too much reading.....you win by default!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #35
ravensgait
Well looks to me like there was a problem and you took care of it Rick. Though I think you should always use insulated boxes and I know that Fedex requires you to use them to ship reptiles.. Randy

Old 04-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #36
Dennis Hultman
I read every email and I have to agree with Randy that the whole situation as far as the DOA is concerned was professionally handeled.

We talk a lot about how a "good guy" can be measured by the way one handles the deals that go wrong. The situation was handeled regardless of any mistakes made. Which is why it's puzzling that she made a bad guy post.

If that was all the emails this part of her complaint was extremely exaggerated.

Quote:
After contacting Rick he asked me to spend an extra $40 or so dollars to overnight her body to him even though I had several photos from when she arrived proving she was, in fact, dead. After a bit of arguing Rick finally agreed to send me a new tegu in a box WITH insulation this time and he arrived alive.

You asked her to send it back, she asked how much. You offered a cheaper method of sending the tegu back. There was really no argument and you didn't even require her to send the pictures.

Now that I look back at her original post, I guess the reason she made it is because she believes she didn't get a Chacoan.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #37
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Well looks to me like there was a problem and you took care of it Rick. Though I think you should always use insulated boxes and I know that Fedex requires you to use them to ship reptiles.. Randy
Randy,

I had shipped during summer with those same boxes for years and that was my first and only tegu lost during shipping. I use insulated boxes during the winter and on really hot summer days. To this day, several hundred hatchlings shipped, I have only lost that one tegu hatchling, and as you can see.. I did treat her with respect and I replaced the tegu, paid the shipping, etc.. even though recently I was made to look poorly in another thread concerning my Terms of Services being too "tight" or "restrictive".

So, concerning her post...

Quote:
My tegu that I ordered from Rick arrived dead
True. Accidents happen, but I was professional and took care of the issue without any hassle.

Quote:
and was package wrong.
The original package with the same box I use every summer for shipping hatchlings under the same conditions and that was the only hatchling tegu I have ever lost due to shipping.

Quote:
Not to mention I paid I believe $50 for shipping and she didn't arrive until around 3 pm.
She did pay $50. The package was shipped UPS Next Day Air. The customer center stated that AM delivery was not a viable option in her area.

Quote:
After contacting Rick he asked me to spend an extra $40 or so dollars to overnight her body to him
I asked her to return the body to me, overnight, 2 day shipping, etc. I turn any deceased reptile body I can over to a local college who use them in their studies. She didn't want to spend any amount to return it, but offered to turn find a herp class in her area that could use it. Upon later contact she told me she could find no schools in her area offering herp classes. I did some research and sent her a list of five schools with herp classes and she never responded. I dropped the subject.

Quote:
even though I had several photos from when she arrived proving she was, in fact, dead.
I never requested proof the tegu hatchling was dead. I took her word.

Quote:
After a bit of arguing Rick finally agreed to send me a new tegu in a box WITH insulation this time and he arrived alive.
There was no arguing at all on my behalf. I was as professional and flexible as I could be. I made no demands, I did not hide behind my terms of service, I just did what any professional would do.

Quote:
Also, I paid for a Chacoan Tegu, then learned that Rick was just calling his White Heads Chacoans, therefore I received a White Headed Tegu, not what I originally wanted.
This is a whole new can of worms. Plain and simple, my "white heads" are "chacoans", just as Ron St Pierres "white heads" were "chacoans". There was recent discussion related to the chacoans, a name termed by Ron St Pierre. In the end, there is no way for Ron to prove the origins of his chacoans, which is probably why he stopped using the term a couple years ago and now uses "white heads". I have no way of providing documentation that mine came from the region of Chaco either, so I am now using the term "white heads", and Bobby Hill can not prove the origins of his, which is why his are now called "extreme giants." There is no way for anyone with a "chacoan" to prove it's origins. In the name of being as honest as I can, I decided to stop using the name "chacoan" too.

Quote:
I was very disappointed in the whole ordeal and won't be purchasing from Rick again.
She was obviously not disappointed with the whole ordeal, as shown in the email and pictures. If anyone should have a "Bad Guy" post, it should be Katie.

I apologize for all of the drama, but I felt the need to clear my name.

Rick Sisco
Sisco Reptiles

Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #38
Wolfy-hound
Good for you Rick. I've never had issues with Rick, and I've gotten some killer reds from him. He's always made time to answer all my questions, and i have NO idea why Katie would say you acted anything other than helpful and professional!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #39
Wolfy-hound
Sorry, Sign above Theresa Baker

Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #40
varnyard
Well Rick, you wanted to bring my name into to this, so I will add some truth to this mix.

Is it not true that you sold babies from these same animals the year before as normals? But then changed the name to Chacoan after you found out I had the true Chacoan giants?

You shipped this animal and it died, you claimed it was your "first" DOA, was that true?

The fact of the matter is, Rick was selling normal white heads as Chacoan giants, I have many white heads, none of them are Giants or Chacoans, they are just a lighter colored normals.

As for Ron, he expained that the true Chacoans are the largest of all the tegus. Ricks are far from Giants, they are not even as large as the reds, not alone the Chacoan Giants.

This is what she paid for:

However, Rick does not have any of these at all and sent her a normal Argentine tegu. His tegus are not Chacoan Giants, and were being sold as just that.

This is his adult tegus, note the size difference, there is nothing Giant about them, the one on the left is the one he is calling a Chacoan Giant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5mvOpCnvI

I will also add, at one time years ago Ron did call white heads Chacoan, but he changed that long ago. He calls the ones Rick claims are Chacoan as normal white heads now and has for a long time.

Click on the blue White head link on this page:

http://www.bluetegu.com/merianae.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!