Rick Sisco - Sisco Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #61
SiscoReptiles
Bert actually states that the Argentine Black & White Tegu is the "Giant Tegu". All spam_spam_spam_spam_spam_rianae are large lizards. The range of Chaco is made of many, many spam_spam_spam_spam_spam_rianae of various sizes and shades of color. Are you claiming that only one size and color variation exsist there? Come on, Bobby.

This is no longer about me or my business as much as it is about you and your quest to prove your "extreme giants" are from chaco. The characteristics you offer are not proven to belong to the tegus in the chaco region of Argentina. As far as the characteristics.. such as the solid V on the neck, that is hogwash, any tegus can have those markings. The size of your adults could be contributed to the age of the 4 animals you obtained as adults. I have seen pictures of some of your yearling "chacoans" that did not hibernate and yet they are still small. The peach coloration in the adults is not really uncommon in breeding adults, much like iguana's turn orange. Egg size can also be related to the size of the adult laying the eggs, much like a larger ball python will lay larger eggs. You have no proof, just your theories. You are entitled your opinions, but the BOI is for fact, not fiction. So, let's keep our personal crap personal.. You didn't see me attacking your claim to have bred for temperament the very first year you produced hatchlings, do you?

Rick Sisco

Old 04-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #62
SiscoReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgamaInternational.com
The Argentine Black & White tegu is also called the giant tegu, as it is the largest tegu in the world.
In the end, you are selling a spam_spam_spam_spam_spam_rianae for MUCH more than other's sell their spam_spam_spam_spam_spam_rianae, because you claim yours are "Extreme Giants" from "Chaco". So, let's see the actual proof?!? Maybe this thread should be moved into YOUR BOI post.

Rick Sisco

Old 04-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #63
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiscoReptiles
Bert actually states that the Argentine Black & White Tegu is the "Giant Tegu". All spam_spam_spam_spam_spam_rianae are large lizards. The range of Chaco is made of many, many spam_spam_spam_spam_spam_rianae of various sizes and shades of color. Are you claiming that only one size and color variation exsist there? Come on, Bobby.

This is no longer about me or my business as much as it is about you and your quest to prove your "extreme giants" are from chaco. The characteristics you offer are not proven to belong to the tegus in the chaco region of Argentina. As far as the characteristics.. such as the solid V on the neck, that is hogwash, any tegus can have those markings. The size of your adults could be contributed to the age of the 4 animals you obtained as adults. I have seen pictures of some of your yearling "chacoans" that did not hibernate and yet they are still small. The peach coloration in the adults is not really uncommon in breeding adults, much like iguana's turn orange. Egg size can also be related to the size of the adult laying the eggs, much like a larger ball python will lay larger eggs. You have no proof, just your theories. You are entitled your opinions, but the BOI is for fact, not fiction. So, let's keep our personal crap personal.. You didn't see me attacking your claim to have bred for temperament the very first year you produced hatchlings, do you?

Rick Sisco
You like taking the twist and turns don't you Rick?

If you are not lying then show me one baby that you have like this:

You cannot, because you have none and never did, so please explain how your are just like mine again. Post the proof Rick, and do answer these questions:

Quote:
Is it not true that you sold babies from these same animals the year before as normals? But then changed the name to Chacoan after you found out I had the true Chacoan giants?

You shipped this animal and it died, you claimed it was your "first" DOA, was that true?

Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #64
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiscoReptiles
but the BOI is for fact, not fiction.
Exactly. So why dont you show some fact to back up what you are saying. Just saying it dont make it so, Rick. Got any articles, studies, documents of any kind backing up a single thing you say? No? I didnt think so.

This has nothing to do with Bobby or his animals. This has everything to do with asking you to back up your claims about Bobby's animals. With FACTS Rick. Again, just you saying so with absolutely no information backing up what you say is NOT FACTS. You made the accusations many times over the last year or so, so now I would like it if you could back up your claims.

But we both know that you making these claims has been nothing more than trying to pass your animals off as something the same as Bobby's (which they aint) to try and compete with Bobby. A lying sales pitch. Nothing more. End of story.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #65
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
If you are not lying then show me one baby that you have like this:

Bobby, I'm not sure what exactly those pictures were intended to demonstrate, could you explain what we are supposed to be seeing? Thanks.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #66
varnyard
Well it is not hard to tell that these are not what he is selling Erin:

He has never had any babies with this color. This is only found in the Chacoan Giants, but he claims to have the same animals.

This is normal white heads or high white normals, they are not the same animals:

They are not the same as these:

He also has nothing like this:

Also he claims it is with age, tegus mature at 3 years old, his are over three and so are mine. But mine are the true Chacoan Giants and not the much smaller normal white heads.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #67
harveysherps
Well Rick, I myself have spoken with Bert about Bobby's Tegus. They are what he says they are. They come from a warmer area and they aren't as cold tolerant as the Tegus Bert raises. So there must be a difference in them and regular B&W Tegus. I myself don't know you but I do know Bobby and Bert. I have no problems beleiving them. It sounds to me your trying to make money off his good name . I think you should apologize to Bobby.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #68
Chameleon Company
Bobby,
You may best be able to answer this for me, but is one to conclude that in the past year or so Rick has alternatively claimed to be selling "chachoans or "giants", and then once noted that he perhaps did not have them, decided that you didn't either, or that there was no validity in claiming a special variation such as "giant" of chacoan origins ?

Frankly Rick, with "beauty in the eye of the beholder", I think you may taken too much slight to a competitors ability to enhance the appeal of their product, as being the same as misrepresenting it. Sour grapes maybe ?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #69
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Bobby,
You may best be able to answer this for me, but is one to conclude that in the past year or so Rick has alternatively claimed to be selling "chachoans or "giants", and then once noted that he perhaps did not have them, decided that you didn't either, or that there was no validity in claiming a special variation such as "giant" of chacoan origins ?

Frankly Rick, with "beauty in the eye of the beholder", I think you may taken too much slight to a competitors ability to enhance the appeal of their product, as being the same as misrepresenting it. Sour grapes maybe ?
Yes, he sold them as normals, and then changed the name to Chacoan wich means Giant.

Jim Chacoans are the giant tegus, they are much larger than the white heads, and white heads is just a color, not a local.

There are also questions to if Rick has ever bred tegus. I asked him last season how many he produced, he said 90. I then asked Bert how many Rick bought from him, it was the exact same number 90.

Also, tegus do not change colors when breeding, Rick would know this if he ever bred them.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #70
monkeywrench133
Thanks Bobby. Without anything to compare your pics to, I wasn't sure what point you were trying to make. I would agree that there are some definite color and scalation differences between yours and Rick's though. Not to mention size!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!