Info Joe Bryant (Fastz28) use caution! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
thereticranch
Joe Bryant (Fastz28) use caution!

If you comb through the python classifieds on here you have probably come across my ads. My name is Greg Bryant and own The Retic Ranch (no relation to Joe).
I ordered what he had advertised as a 5 foot white phase albino retic for $200.00 plus shipping. I Paypaled him $260.00 for the animal.
At around 1 o'clock this afternoon I received a package from FedEx that contained a snake bag, crumbled up newspaper, plastic bubble wrap, and NO SNAKE. I am goping to hold off on calling him a Bad Guy, for now. I am going to see how he handles this.
I inspected the bag to see where it wasn't closed all the way and there is an "airhole" in the box large enough that a snake could have pushed his way through. I also noticed that he sent the animal 2 day, not overnight!
I tried calling him several times and keep getting his voice mail. When I texted him he responded saying "Theres no way he was pakaged so good was the boxed sealed".
I have already filed a dispute with Paypal (not sure how much good that will do me).
I have included pics of the box that was shipped to me, the way it was packed, the gap in the bag, the hole in the side of the box, and the shipping label that states it was shipped 2 day.
Joseph Bryant of Carlinville IL do the right thing and refund the money and please learn how to pack animals before doing something like this again!
Box sent

Shipping label

Packing job

Snake Bag (not sealed up)

Hole on side of box

Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Utta
Wow.... I think that's one of the worst shipping conditions I've seen. I feel bad for the WP lost in transit I agree with Greg, refund his money and mark this as a lesson learned.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Utta
Let me clear my last sentence up.

Joe, you need to refund Greg's money and mark this as a lesson learned.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
TheFragginDragon
That has got to be one of the worst animal packaging jobs I have ever seen. No styrofoam inserts, and that box definitely does not have the crush strength needed to transport living things.

Was it even marked 'Live Harmless Reptiles', or something to that effect?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
sincitydragons
Joe, with the proposed ban this is how you ship a snake? Letting a python escape in transit does not help our cause. I say this to everyone... If you're not sure or not comfortable how to ship a snake seek help and don't ship a snake unless you are positive you're doing it correctly. There wasn't even any insulation, I don't know what the weather is like their but it doesn't matter, insulation is always a must. I hope you do the right thing Joe and as for the python running loose I only hope someone who's an enthusiast finds it and doesn't report it.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
thereticranch
It was marked "Caution" and "Handle With Care". I believe he sent it, the box was marked at 5lbs, but I also believe it is now somewhere between here and IL.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
Iguanachic
Oh that poor animal and the poor people who may be in for a surprise! That's awful and there is no excuse for it.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereticranch View Post
It was marked "Caution" and "Handle With Care". I believe he sent it, the box was marked at 5lbs, but I also believe it is now somewhere between here and IL.
Its hard to tell from pics, but it looks like the box was used before. (Not that's its a bad thing, but it looks like a box for a lamp or somethin ) was there even a heat pack in the box?

Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
fastz28
the box ws lined with bubble wrap in a snake bag three wire ties i couldnt pull the bag apart with my hands i weigh 215 and work out
in the fourth pic you can see the outline of the snake in the bag plenty of waded news paper. and te air holes were made with a small knive tiny slits there no way the snake could of gotten out. was even has 200 insurance
and that hole was not in the box when it left

Old 05-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
thereticranch
No heat pack and it is reused box.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!