Bad Guy Robert Collett - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am so happy the issue is resolved, and that you received your snake. The BOI works.
I do feel that if the seller is planning on future sales, that an explanation of the delay by him would be a good idea. Good communication and prompt shipping is a pretty basic part of good customer service.
I agree with Lucille. He should come here and explain the delay/communication issues.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #12
Helenthereef
I also agree, but if he does, let's not jump all over him - he made it right quickly. It's nice to see a fast resolution, and also good to see the BOI working as intended.

Kudos to both parties.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #13
Lucille
It's not a matter of jumping, knowing the reason for the delay and lack of communication will help the next prospective customer.
There may be a perfectly adequate reason why he did not communicate in what looks like two months.
However, if there is no good explanation, prospective customers will want to decide how heavily to weight Jill's experience and may wonder whether they too will have to start a thread to get their purchase.
Hopefully, he will come here and clarify why this happened.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #14
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It's not a matter of jumping, knowing the reason for the delay and lack of communication will help the next prospective customer.
There may be a perfectly adequate reason why he did not communicate in what looks like two months.
However, if there is no good explanation, prospective customers will want to decide how heavily to weight Jill's experience and may wonder whether they too will have to start a thread to get their purchase.
Hopefully, he will come here and clarify why this happened.
I agree Lucille, and my comment wasn't directed at you, just some of our more regular hot heads - it would be great if Robert could come on here and explain what happened without becoming a target. I'm sure that quite a few people simply never make comments for fear of that.

I'm glad it was sorted out, and I agree it would have been better if it had not come to needing a BOI thread. Robert - I do suggest you make a simple post explaining what happened, to reassure future buyers.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I agree Lucille, and my comment wasn't directed at you, just some of our more regular hot heads - it would be great if Robert could come on here and explain what happened without becoming a target. I'm sure that quite a few people simply never make comments for fear of that.
Helen you are so wise, but I have to defend some of the regulars because the questions they ask serve to protect our community. And mostly they are pretty courteous.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #16
Helenthereef
Well, let's hope that Robert comes on to tell his side of it and it all ends up civilly. Really glad the OP got their snake.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #17
Snake-Queen
He may have a good reason, but I am suspicious as he finally got in touch with the OP only after this thread. Suspicious, but not so much so that I am unreasonable.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #18
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
He may have a good reason, but I am suspicious as he finally got in touch with the OP only after this thread. Suspicious, but not so much so that I am unreasonable.
I agree (and again, my comments not aimed at you Melissa, just hoping to avert a s**tstorm )

Old 07-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #19
Snake-Queen
Quote:
I agree (and again, my comments not aimed at you Melissa, just hoping to avert a s**tstorm )
I know. I have an inkling of whom you are referring to.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #20
DavidBeard
Quote:

I'm glad it was sorted out, and I agree it would have been better if it had not come to needing a BOI thread. Robert - I do suggest you make a simple post explaining what happened, to reassure future buyers.
I would wager that many folks don't comment for fear of having to assume responsibility and answer for their screw-ups. The ratio of people with reasonable explanations for taking months to resolve transactions versus those who are just shady is probably massively in favor of the latter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!