For Sale Florida Box Turtles (Yearlings & Hatchlings) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
DJturtles
Florida Box Turtles (Yearlings & Hatchlings)

DJ Turtles
Box Turtle Rehab & Rescue

We are not breeders.
Our rehab females have been laying eggs and our babies need to be re homed to responsible reptile/turtle homes that are knowledge and want to conserve the Florida Box Turtle.

Captive Raised and Hatched Baby Florida Box Turtles
* Not wild caught

Yearlings #2 available (sex unknown)
Eating mostly red wigglers, crickets, meal worms, box turtle pellets, and have started eating greens and some fruit.
Outside enclosure kept in a natural environments for optimum health.

Hatch lings: #10 available
These babies have just started to eat red wigglers and wet box turtle pellets.
$90.00 each plus shipping (funds support rehab and rescue)

Email for more photos and information

Turtles are for scientific and educational purposes ONLY.
NOT PETS. No Florida Sales

Thank You,
DJ Turtles
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Erich
Have they changed the law in Florida? Isn't it illegal for a Florida resident to sell Fl. boxies?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
DJturtles
All are turtle babies are captive born and not wild caught. All are from our rehab moms.

Turtles are for scientific and educational purposes ONLY.
NOT PETS.
You understand how that works.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
kensopher
"All are turtle babies are captive born and not wild caught. All are from our rehab moms."

I have been told time and time again that this does not matter. I have a friend that was granted a permit to keep the 13 bauri he had before the law went into effect. His permit clearly states that he CAN NOT sell the offspring.

I am of the opinion that you both should be allowed to sell clearly captive produced offspring. You may want to double check with the law enforcement guys. Don't you think that, if it was legal, more people would be doing it?

Can you post something that validates the legality? I sure would love to know. It would be good news to my friend and myself.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
HerpMasters Inc.
Please send me information regarding pricing for shipping to 33579 Florida.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
DJturtles
No Florida sales
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
bbrepincane
rescue

why is a rescue looking to trade for other turtles?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
DJturtles
We would encourage the proper husbandry and propagation of turtles by trading to other responsible owners. Transforming Passion for Turtles into Conservative Action with knowledge of more than one species of Chelonian.
Multiple clutching from our girls influenced by their care. Many wild populations of turtles do not produce an equivalent number of clutches this could be important for conservation efforts on other Chelonian. Some stressed species can benefit from increased input of young and immature turtles.
By acquiring other Chelonian we can further our research.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
jbaukert
Wish to acquire two florida hatchlings; Please contact me at (708) 387-0200 or email "jbaukert@yahoo.com."

Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
Outcast
I have never heard of a rescue charge 90$ for a box turtle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!