Fatty build up or what? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
OEdwards
Fatty build up or what?

Okay here is a male of mine he was hatched on Sep. 4th 2011 and has been fecally tested and has been dewormed about three weeks ago tested him the other day he was clean the strange thing is that he still has not even shown signs of breeding. I am wondering what these are as well has anyone else had a male with them? Did that male breed? The fat is right where his elbow meets his arm and they have not grown that much since I first got him. He eats like no tomorrow but is a lazy lizard never runs around in enclosure but when I get him out he is alert and on the move if let down.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
rosebud945
That is not normal. It looks like swollen glands to me, and it looks like there is discoloration of the scales on the surface of the one in the second pic.

If he is not active, then you need to look at your setup, because that is not normal either.

What are your temps?
Basking surface temps?
Ambient temps at the hot end and at the cool end?
What do you use to measure your temps? What type of thermometer?

What kind of bulbs do you use for basking?
What kind of uvb bulb do you use and how far away is your beardie from the uvb bulb?

What do you use as substrate?

What are you feeding him?
Do you use supplements and if so, how often?

Did the vet see those swellings?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
OEdwards
He was like this before I got him trust me temps are right and bulbs are fine I only use paper towel over a bottom covered in news paper he is on supers and has proper supplamentation and veggies collards mustards and summer squash the discoloration is shadow or it could be the fact that he is trans the vet her is STUPID I brought in a leather once he freaked out on me saying he has sever scale lose. He is active just not so in his cage he still walks around alittle. Just lazier than my others.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
OEdwards
the vet here*

Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
rosebud945
If the vet is stupid then you need a new vet. Do you know about Melissa Kaplan's herp vet list? Maybe there is a better herp vet near you.
http://www.anapsid.org/vets/#vetlist

A beardie that young should not be lazy or have fat build up. He could be lethargic which is often a sign of illness. Since you have a beardie with both lethargy and odd swellings, I would suggest that he needs to be seen by a good herp vet. They could be edema, infection, or something else, but they don't seem normal to me.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
OEdwards
He is not ill he is fecaly tested and treated well I soak and bake his bricks twice a month I said he is not very lazy just lazier than the others he eats like no to more and is super active out of the cage like it the bath or the being held

Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
OEdwards
And I highly doubt it is edema they are the same size in the same exact spots and when I feel or lightly squeez them they are solid not squishy it is similar feeling to that of fat

Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
rosebud945
If you know the answers to your questions, then why did you start this thread? lol

Good luck.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
OEdwards
I never said I have the answer anywhere now did I...I am asking a group of people to see if someone has had a dragon with the same or similar lumps and what it was and I never said give me a widely obvious variety of possibilities that it could be... So if anyone is reading this and has one definent or one educated answer that they have seen something similar please tell me and I love how you ask all of the lighting and dietary questions to me I am aware and do provide the right next to exact needs for my beardies and their babies! Like a condition like this that the dragon had is due to lighting conditions really! And you even mention scale discoloration what he is a trans in shed and even the discoloration could simply be from the fact that he is sitting directly below a heat light and it what's this oh yah it casted a shadow really who would have thought that and object sitting under a light can cast a shadow... obviously not you and I had to repeat my self several times in writing! Pay closer attention and think harder before writing a comment and read what someone has written before blurting a comment out lol okay! Now if someone else has more helpful advise than a wide range of the obvious let me know! And Donna is it maybe I came here before the vet so I do not have to spend $150 copay and then be judged by the only animal vet in a reasonab distance about scale loss!

Old 06-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #10
john.r1
hi i have also found these lumps on my male dragon he is just turned 1 year old , he does not black beard and his pores round his vent /back legs have not fully come out/up , but i have no female dragons he is my only dragon , he opens his mouth a lot even when not on basking rock , temps and lights good

he is 20 inch long
630 grams weight

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!